It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If body/action/physics is superior then Spirit/Belief/Metaphysics/Law of Attraction is inferior...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Mind over Matter or Matter over Mind?

To believe in body/action only is to deny the power of Spirit/Faith/Belief/Prayer. If Spirit can only observe the now and be "awareness" but not "creator", then it has no power but is at the mercy of whatever experience the physical forces it to experience.

If Prayer/Law Of Attraction/Faith/Metaphysics come first, and only then does the physical materialize is to believe that The Spirit creates the physical. To believe that action has all the power and that belief/law of attraction cannot do things is to believe that Spirit has no power, only the body/action.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Hi new here. So if you don't mind my asking..where do you stand with said beliefs?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JarredD104

Welcome to ATS!

I believe in Law of Attraction, and my belief in it increased based on experiences. Sometimes I would even have dreams about something happening and then it does.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Use the right tool for the right time that is most efficient?

Just because a tool is spiritual (unconscious) where conscious/awareness is involved do not mean it is always more efficient.

To use energy flows to relax the body to self heal over long time is not always as efficient as physical fix. If you have a thorn in your side taking it out physically with your hands is very efficient thing to do. You can meditate and use Law of Attraction to have someone come to take it out or just take it out yourself.

Spirit symbiotic with mind symbiotic with matter working as one for the good of one.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Easy to answer. Set up a basic physics demonstration, try to "law of attraction" it to do something else, fail, and realize which one is real and which is magical thinking.

I would start small. A pendulum clock, for example. See if you can wish it into running 10x the speed. The pendulum's swing rate is dependent on arm length, gravity and swing height (to a first approximation). If you can't magic it into a gross deviation from its natural period, then magic must not work. Easy peasy.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

No. It just means the person didn't have enough faith/belief.

All things are possible to (s)he who has faith. It's a metaphysical law - Law of Attraction.

People do not have the faith to move mountains (yet), but people have grown unbalanced legs, cured diseases, prayed and found money. There are tons and tons of testimonies to Law of Attraction/Prayer.

All things are possible, if there is faith.
edit on 18-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

No. It just means the person didn't have enough faith/belief.

It means belief doesn't work, at least not in the sense of affecting physical systems whatsoever.

All things are possible to (s)he who has faith. It's a metaphysical law - Law of Attraction.

I can demonstrate Newton's laws of motion to anyone. Metaphysical laws, however, don't work and have no bearing on reality.

eta: if all things are possible if there is faith, then certainly you can demonstrate this in an irrefutable, concrete way. Other than "I wished it, and got paid today" or something trivial. Surely an all-powerful faith can cause a repeatable anomalous temperature gradient under controlled conditions. Or change the swing of a pendulum. It's pretty small beans, if faith can literally move mountains.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Mind over Matter or Matter over Mind?

To believe in body/action only is to deny the power of Spirit/Faith/Belief/Prayer. If Spirit can only observe the now and be "awareness" but not "creator", then it has no power but is at the mercy of whatever experience the physical forces it to experience.

Is it possible for you to prevent the next sound from happening? Or is it possible for you to prevent the next thought arising (which at this point does not appear to exist)?
Life is just appearing as it is.

If Prayer/Law Of Attraction/Faith/Metaphysics come first, and only then does the physical materialize is to believe that The Spirit creates the physical. To believe that action has all the power and that belief/law of attraction cannot do things is to believe that Spirit has no power, only the body/action.

'Spirit' and the 'physical' are not separate things. What is appearing is the manifestation of spirit - source. There is only the source.
Fear can arise for the one that believes it is separate from life to realize that life is just happening without any control. However when it is totally realized that there is no individual control - there is freedom.
As soon as this is realized then everything is free - all is a perfect expression of the one. This is already the case but is not always recognized.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Pretty hard to have constant results if different people have different amounts of faith of what is possible and sometimes a person can even gain or lose faith.

It really does matter how much faith does a person have that they will succeed... Yes, all things are possible with faith but a person must have the faith for what is possible.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

If Prayer/Law Of Attraction/Faith/Metaphysics come first, and only then does the physical materialize is to believe that The Spirit creates the physical. .

If you are wanting something then the law is that you will be rewarded with things to look for. Seeking is what there will be - but not finding. Things have a tendency not to last, things may satisfy for a while but the hole that needs filling is bottomless.
The 'prize' is not somewhere or some when else - this is the present and it is being presented but you turn your back on it and want other.
'Spirit' is not a thing and neither is this that is appearing - this that is appearing as the present configuration, it is all there is. If it appears as not wanting this but wanting other, then that is the perfect expression of wholeness - it is what there is.
Until the seeking energy drops away there will always be a feeling of lack.
There is only what is happening but the mind says there is more - where is it?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Until the seeking energy drops away there will always be a feeling of lack.

I agree. Yearning leads to more yearning. It's not about longing and yearning, but knowing through faith that all is well and many more blessings are already showing up.

Seeing the blessings that are here Now is great, but some people like to think about the future and if they do so without the faith that just as the Now has blessings, so will the future when it becomes Now, then they will worry more and more.

It's ok to relax, enjoy the blessings now, knowing that each moment that arrives to the present has its blessings.
edit on 18-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

If Spirit can only observe the now and be "awareness" but not "creator", then it has no power but is at the mercy of whatever experience the physical forces it to experience.

But there is no one at the mercy of what is appearing.
There is ONLY what is appearing to happen.

If thoughts about other times are appearing then that is what is happening. The seeing of imaginary time and space (in mind/thought) is usually populated with an imaginary 'me' - it is that 'me' in time and space (which can only appear in the mind now) which is trying to make it's life better - but it does not exist in reality.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

'Me' thinks it can do something but the 'me' is just a story.

The mind wants more. The idea of ‘self’ wants to survive beyond this moment and yet this moment is all there is and the idea of self has NO being and there is actually no ‘me’ in this immediacy of seeing-knowing. This is actually very obvious right now. You have to think about a ‘me’ before it ‘appears’. The pure seeing is duration-less. Uninterrupted observing is happening. The mind is time – transient appearances only. This immediacy is timeless.
urbangurucafe.com...

edit on 18-7-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

You don't have to think about yoirself before you appear. You already exist as you think thoughts to manifest dreams at night or future experiences.

Even if you exist in silence, not creating/thinking, you are still there.

Saying that there is no one that this physical reality/time-space is appearing to is denying Spirit and The Power of The Spirit.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

You don't have to think about yoirself before you appear.

Sound is appearing, sensation is appearing but where is the separate you? The separate you never appears to exist except in thought. Thought tells stories about a 'you' in time but it is always now!! Now is the whole thing - it is what is happening always.

You already exist as you think thoughts to manifest dreams at night or future experiences.

Thoughts are what appear - there is no you thinking thoughts.

Even if you exist in silence, not creating/thinking, you are still there.

If there is a you then you are everything that is happening. But there is an idea that thoughts are done by you or are speaking about you or are happening to you. You are what is happening already - there is only life - it is not made of two things.

Saying that there is no one that this physical reality/time-space is appearing to is denying Spirit and The Power of The Spirit.

The observer and observed arise as one seamless being. The observer and observed are not separate - there is seeing happening, there is hearing happening, there is colour happening and sound happening.
'Spirit' is not a thing but is everything - all that is happening.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Each sensation is calling you to wake up from your personal dream.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
the laws of physics will always be superior to what we believe. otherwise whats the point?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: JarredD104

Welcome to ATS!

I believe in Law of Attraction, and my belief in it increased based on experiences. Sometimes I would even have dreams about something happening and then it does.

i believe in the law of confirmation. attitude -> preparation -> outcome. if you believe in it enough, you will make it happen, even if you dont realize it. unless it violates the laws of physics, as per my previous post in this thread.
edit on 18-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Its inferior to Mind/Spirit and just a mirror at best. If you're incarnated in a slave planet where everything is managed incorrectly and abusively, the only freedom and truth is mind/spirit.

And that they have spent a fortune and all of their efforts at creating ludicrous fundamental religious boxes and billions on media and lies, to try and enforce lies, it shows how important one free mind is to them. One free mind is more valuable than ALL THE GOLD IN THE UNIVERSE.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join