It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Hitchens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
As an individual; I have a substantial amount of controversy with him. As a freethinker, I have great respect for him. Not once did this man hold back his thought by political correctness, but instead said exactly what he saw as the problem with no regard to others feelings.

It was refreshing, even when you disagreed with him.

Intuitive, intelligent, and blunt with the truth is the best way I could describe him. Irrelevant of whether or not you agree or liked his views.

An example;

On the old Fox news show of 'Hannity and Colmes', Colmes discusses Hitchens' reaction to Rev. Falwell's death. (Rev. Farwell was an Evangelical Southern Baptist Pastor, and Televangelist)
Colmes: "By being so angry on what his legacy was, and is, are you not hurting his family and others, who have no "dog in that hunt". But would just like a few moments to celebrate his life and have some peace?"

Hitchens: "well, I don't care if his families feelings are hurt or not. But if they are, they can take comfort from the extraordinary piety and stupidity, and generally speaking, the conformity of the man's death."

Sure, maybe he was an arrogant narcissist. But he never sugar coated what he saw as truth.

Ghost

Video of the above quotes from Colmes and Hitchens

edit on 18-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

He is blunt and does come across as an arse but he is right in what he says.

Hitchslap

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I like his directness and his way of not letting hypocrites get away.

I would love for Mother Theresa to be a follower of Jesus removing much suffering everywhere. It seems she was more of an idol created by the Catholic church for a reason.

Hitchens might not know about energetic body states and low level telepathy but he is from my point of view doing more good that bad. Those who behave like Pharisees should be called on it. Jesus, Buddha, Nanak would call them on it if they where here.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I had never seen that fox clip.

It looked to me that they invited hm on in order to shame him and pressure him to be apologetic, but instead he Hitchslaped so hard they were mostly speechless except for Hannity who got tung tied, flustered, and the started spitting out nonsense insults.

Hannity didn't have a chance. lol You just a just a pseudo intellectual. ROFL

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I remember reading his book "God is Not Great' and needing to go to the dictionary every once in a while to learn a new word's meaning. I am sure there are many out there that are more well read than I however I do consider myself well above average in that category. I really enjoyed his candor and the fact that he required me to expand my knowledge and challenge myself to learn even more.

I look forward reading about to the person that decides to carry the torch next.
edit on 18-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: Ghost of predictive text.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here is a good debate between your boy and William lane Craig.

Apparently Richard Dawkins refuses to debate WLC.

Of course you have to find time to watch it OP
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Read his Letters to a Young Contrarian. It's his best book by far. You probably won't call him an arrogant narcissist after reading it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I counted him amongst the pharisees and hypocrites, a very damaging man.
A fundamentalist televangelists of atheism

He had one desire it seemed to me, causing hate and animosity.
He is an idol of so many and well imitated by many.

Imagine if a christian acted the same way towards a homosexual as Hitchens acted towards all christians

and like Dawkins, he doesnt understand christianity, he has a set of beliefs that are ill founded.

www.youtube.com...

I guess that is what bitterness does to a person if they cant forgive.
edit on b2015Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:21:40 -050073120156pm312015-07-18T20:21:40-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

top topics

join