It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brush fire jumps I-15, sets cars ablaze at Cajon Pass in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

LOS ANGELES — A dangerous, fast-moving wildfire spread through the Cajon Pass on Friday afternoon, jumping the 15 Freeway, destroying 20 vehicles and damaging 10 others, San Bernardino National Forest said. There were no injuries.

Brush fire jumps I-15, sets cars ablaze at Cajon Pass in California

Wow! Just wow! I can't imagine being in a scarier position than to be stuck on the freeway with flames licking at your tires, and vehicles ablaze all around. People got out of there cars and ran down the freeway to escape the fires! The fire trucks took a long time getting there, and helicopters did water drops on the vehicles!

Poor Southern Californians! Droughts, fires and earthquakes! Oh my!

Amazing, no one was injured. Check the videos at the links.

Drivers had to leave their vehicles and walk along the 15 Freeway to escape the fire. Approximately 70 to 80 vehicles were abandoned on the freeway, the California Highway Patrol said.
www.myfoxla.com...

A lot of people's Friday night commute is turning into a nightmare!

Be safe out there!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Fortunately getting through LA and back took a lot longer than we thought or we would have been up there heading north. They had three northbound lanes closed when we got back to the Ontario area so we're gonna wait until morning and see what it's like then.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Have been watching it -- pretty incredible.

Of course, if I had a good conspiracy theory to go along with it, it would be more incredible.

But, I think sometimes mother nature is just a b!tch and stuff happens.

Awesome video, though.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ontario? That's pretty close to where it's all happening, isn't it? I would imagine that the Fire Department is utilizing their airport.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It's about twenty miles or so from the bottom of Grapevine, where the fire is. Ontario is about 45 miles from the west end of Hesperia, where the truck stop is.

We could see the smoke cloud coming through LA. It was impressive.
edit on 7/17/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh man the Cajon pass on a weekend with lanes closed?!

No thank you.

I hope those that lost their cars came out ok.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

So that's what caused the worse then usual friday traffic - impressive back up - I'm 40/60 miles away.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's been pretty crazy. The dust and dirt brought up from the fires has been blowing up/ Down into Coachella Valley. I live up in Joshua Tree, and this was outside my property

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: threewhitecandles

Wow! Ominous and stifling!

I'm in Hemet. Clear blue skies all day and clear night sky, too. The way the wind blows? Go figure.
edit on 18-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't have a link handy at the moment, as I'm on my mobile, but I saw another article a little while ago about the vehicles on fire, that said they would have been able to get the vehicle fires under control and put out a lot sooner, but some idiot was flying a drone in the area, so the helicopters were unable to take off for awhile.

Damn...That was a long sentence lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Damn...That was a long sentence lol.

It's the thought that counts.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Went past the fire location Saturday. It burned right up to the left lane of the northbound lanes.

new topics

top topics

join