It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Meaning of Shariah Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This is the meaning of Sharia law that you will find even in Islamic sites,

Muslim or Islamic law, both civil and criminal justice as well as regulating individual conduct both personal and moral.

Even if different groups practice this law differently, your description of it is the one that I have never seen before, it reads as a romanticized version of what sharia law should be but actually is not more often than no the version we get to see is the very extreme and ugly version.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

That is BS a person I work with had an American wife (she died in a auto wreak) who dressed in pants and skirts when they were here, if they went back (to his country) she was forced to wear the niqab.

Ok well I am telling as a "strict Conservative Muslim " that the woman should not be forced into doing that ....but rather out of her own will if she is a woman of the quran and sunna .

did you read my whole post ? some places enforce it ...and it should not be inforced...

Not sure why you think what i said was BS ?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I agree with everything you have posted, but I have a question about where your faith in the Hadith lies.

Personaly I believe the Hadith has destroyed Islam.

From what I have read in the Hadith, I believe it was written by those with a mere temporal understanding. I believe modern Islam is now a religion created by the Hadith.

The Quran itself doesn't support a hierarchical religion, yet the Hadith seems to support such hierarchy. Your opinion on the Hadith would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Saudi Arabia doesn’t have authoritative clerics?

It is a clerical sect.

First, let me answer you about the unseen.

Were not referring to mundane things like what’s around the corner or what Johnny is doing in the bed room

The word in the Quran is Ghaibi it is a word that means unseen spiritual subtle realities such as Angels, Jinn, and the insights of the heart, knowledge of the hearafter, Qiyama, etc...

No one claims the prophet is omniscient only God is.

Sufism or mystical Islam believes there is a methodology that can produce what’s called (Insanul Kamil) perfect human, in this worlds life. Similar to what Buddhist call enlightenment or Satori

The Quran refers to the few when it says the foremost in paradise will say

“This is what was given us before”

What you’ve got to understand is that Sufism or Tariqah is NOT for everybody.

In this worlds life it is recognized that few reach Insani Kamil

All real Sufis are Muslims but Muslims are not Sufis

One should try to understand things by insight not just through dogmatic rigid belief

Tariqah is the inner meaning of religion.

edit on 17-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I agree with everything you have posted, but I have a question about where your faith in the Hadith lies.

Personaly I believe the Hadith has destroyed Islam.

From what I have read in the Hadith, I believe it was written by those with a mere temporal understanding. I believe modern Islam is now a religion created by the Hadith.

The Quran itself doesn't support a hierarchical religion, yet the Hadith seems to support such hierarchy. Your opinion on the Hadith would be greatly appreciated.

Without Hadith Muslims would not know how to pray ...

The problem is people following weak narration of hadith...

many Khuaraij do this , also Sufi's do this as well .. Shia etc.

a Hadith is classed by the chain of narration , its a rigorous process .

its true people in those times often made up hadith abut prophet Muhammad . example their is a hadith that talkes about the prophey using his thumb to move the moon..This is obviously a weak hadith .

This is why its important to take the right knowlege

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

On the Hadith I am very sympathetic to your ideas but never the less one probably shouldn’t universally reject the Hadith.

I shun rigidity one way or the other…. Certainly there are questionable hadiths and more reliable ones…

Sufism has taught me to look at things through not only logic but insight and intuition to gain guidance

So with that in mind the Hadiths should be looked at with all the tools of your heart, mind, and soul and then your judgment will be greatly expanded

Certainly one shouldn’t believe hadiths as if there the Quran…

I personally believe religion; most of them have been perverted by clerics and clerics use things like Hadiths and scripture to distort and misguide.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Saudi Arabia doesn’t have authoritative clerics?

It is a clerical sect.

First, let me answer you about the unseen.

Were not referring to mundane things like what’s around the corner or what Johnny is doing in the bed room

The word in the Quran is Ghaibi it is a word that means unseen spiritual subtle realities such as Angels, Jinn, and the insights of the heart, knowledge of the hearafter, Qiyama, etc...

No one claims the prophet is omniscient only God is.

Sufism or mystical Islam believes there is a methodology that can produce what’s called (Insanul Kamil) perfect human, in this worlds life. Similar to what Buddhist call enlightenment or Satori

The Quran refers to the few when it says the foremost in paradise will say

“This is what was given us before”

What you’ve got to understand is that Sufism or Tariqah is NOT for everybody.

In this worlds life it is recognized that few reach Insani Kamil

All real Sufis are Muslims but Muslims are not Sufis

One should try to understand things by insight not just through dogmatic rigid belief

Tariqah is the inner meaning of religion.

Let me face palm my self again ....

Is what you say in the quran and sunna ? or is it a product of someone else innovation ?

Saudi Arabia rules by Sharia .

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It’s not romanticized its expanded to include more than just external laws

I wrote that it certainly includes civil law, marriage law and other mundane aspects of it.

This is what I wrote: I certainly covered the standard understanding

Essentially Shariah is the outer law that aims to deal with experiential relationships that humans have with each other within the community of humanity. For instance, the laws enumerated in the 10 commandments, or the rules and guides regarding marriage and child rearing, criminal codes and such the like that seek to instill virtuousness and peace within the individual and community at large are within the purvey of the Shariah

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

All Muslim schools of thoughts: Maliki, Shafai, Hanifi and many others ALL claim they follow the right Shariah

It’s a subjective opinion.

Salafi too often are intolerant and dogmatic as if they have the Shariah and others don’t.

Some of them are like Nazis, rigid, intolerant and overly ethnocentric

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Just Another Religious Inquisition from Another Faith , hasn't Mankind gotten Over the Ignorance of Blind Faith yet ?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

"Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,"

And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].

Surat Al-Baqarah 2,3

This is the verse in the Quran that establishes the 5 pillars.

The first pillar is belief in the Gaibi(unseen)

The unseen is your faith in (what at the time) you don't really know you have only faith( iman) in it.

You don't know the Kalimah Shahada you only believe in it

A Muslim doesn't claim he knows this he only believes it and tries to cultivate certain knowledge of this thereby becoming in tune with what the prophet knew through experience

One day all of us will know it when we get beyond belief to knowledge

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Blind faith is only a level of development.

One moves from faith to a degree of certainty

LORE OF CERTAINTY

EYE OF CERTAINTY

TRUTH OF CERTAINTY

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You asked for proof you got it

Chapter (49) sūrat l-ḥujurāt

Sahih International: The bedouins say, "We have believed." Say, "You have not [yet] believed; but say [instead], 'We have submitted,' for faith has not yet entered your hearts. And if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not deprive you from your deeds of anything. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

Pickthall: The wandering Arabs say: We believe. Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Ye believe not, but rather say "We submit," for the faith hath not yet entered into your hearts. Yet, if ye obey Allah and His messenger, He will not withhold from you aught of (the reward of) your deeds. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Yusuf Ali: The desert Arabs say, "We believe." Say, "Ye have no faith; but ye (only)say, 'We have submitted our wills to Allah,' For not yet has Faith entered your hearts. But if ye obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not belittle aught of your deeds: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Shakir: The dwellers of the desert say: We believe. Say: You do not believe but say, We submit; and faith has not yet entered into your hearts; and if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not diminish aught of your deeds; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Muhammad Sarwar: The bedouin Arabs have said, "We are believers." Tell them, "You are not believers, but you should say that you are Muslims. In fact, belief has not yet entered your hearts. If you obey God and His Messenger, nothing will be reduced from your deeds. God is All-forgiving and All-merciful.

Mohsin Khan: The bedouins say: "We believe." Say: "You believe not but you only say, 'We have surrendered (in Islam),' for Faith has not yet entered your hearts. But if you obey Allah and His Messenger (SAW), He will not decrease anything in reward for your deeds. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Arberry: The Bedouins say, 'We believe.' Say: 'You do not believe; rather say, "We surrender"; for belief has not yet entered your hearts. If you obey God and His Messenger, He will not diminish you anything of your works. God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate.'

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

All Muslim schools of thoughts: Maliki, Shafai, Hanifi and many others ALL claim they follow the right Shariah

It’s a subjective opinion.

Salafi too often are intolerant and dogmatic as if they have the Shariah and others don’t.

Some of them are like Nazis, rigid, intolerant and overly ethnocentric

I f being Intolerant means refusing to except that of witch is not taught in the Quran and sunna then I am guilty of such title .

The problem with the religion if you haven't noticed are "ideas" concocted ideas bout the teachings and scripture .

just like you have done here in your op.

What may appeal to you in a certain understanding , may not be the universal or ultimate understanding.

As i stated before I only take knowlege from Muhammad (pbuh) the Shaba Ra , Quran and Sunna .

this is the Order of Sunni this is Islam . anything introduced after that is questionable like Sufism .

my Iman is based off of facts from that time period , Not other ideas.

Following this path has taught me like you to question everything , it has taught me love ,compassion , honor , you name it .

It's helped me keep youth and others from engaging in Jihad or subscribing to Khuaraij ideology.

The point is my dear brother , la illah ila allah muhammad rasul allah, Alahu mustan .

May Allah Guide us both and increase us in knowledge and protect us from the evils of shayton and these extremist.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sharia law = Oppression, plain and simple. Those who say otherwise are obviously kidding themselves.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Anyway, I'm through for the night

All due respect to those who I debated

For I try to always respect others' beliefs and if I offended anyone’s beliefs it was unintentional

I try to live by tolerance for others

Ma Salam

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

There is No Such Thing as " Certainty " in this Life , Everything is in Question if one Seeks Wisdom . God Provided us with Intelligence , it is up to us to use it for the Good of All Mankind ....

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I see you are a fundamentalist. My brief research on Sufi Islam contradicts what you present as fact.

Sufism has been a prominent movement within Islam throughout most of its history. It grew out of an early ascetic movement within Islam, which, like its Christian monastic counterpart, sought to counteract the worldliness that came with the rapid expansion of the Muslim community.

The earliest form of Sufism arose under the Umayyad Dynasty (661–749) less than a century after the founding of Islam. Mystics of this period meditated on the Doomsday passages in the Quran, thereby earning such nicknames as "those who always weep."

These early Sufis led a life of strict obedience to Islamic scripture and tradition and were known for their night prayers. Many of them concentrated their efforts upon tawakkul, absolute trust in God, which became a central concept of Sufism.

www.religionfacts.com...

Oh - and look at this.....

Another century or so later, a new emphasis on love changed asceticism into mysticism. This development is attributed to Rabi'ah al-'Adawiyah (d. 801), a woman from Basra who formulated the Sufi ideal of a pure love of God that was disinterested, without hope for Paradise or fear of Hell.

Oh - the things you learn on ATS when you look stuff up....
edit on 18-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Well look up Christian stuff and you'll get a variety of answers because Christians don't agree on their own religion.

Googling Islam/Muslim might give you some basic surface understanding but, that's about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

"Being very familiar with Islamic metaphysics beyond the exoteric and superficial known and unknown misconceptions that are prevalent in the mundane and profane society, I am venturing to try to put this term “shariah” in context and perhaps offer some light on the issue…"

Sorry but your jumble of words in the intro really dissuaded me from reading the rest.

Mind you I did and I can only come to the conclusion that you either know what your taking about or know nothing at all on the subject..interesting thought process though.

edit on 18-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join