It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God give them over?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I repeat:

I know you will disagree and try to defend your own limiting beliefs, though.

We are Gods, not just Israel, not just Jesus. God is not partial. That is my belief and my interpretation. If you want to have faith in slavery and powerlessness that is your choice.

as stated above the Bible is already interpreted for us. To reinterpret is to change it. that is holding the truth in unrighteousness in one of its many forms

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Who is "them". That's my question. You seem to think that "them" is gay people. I don't, but I don't care enough, either, to argue about it, because Romans 1 is just a rant from bigoted and frustrated ubber religious guy.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You interpret it to support your opinion, just like the many other sects of Christianity.

The Bible is written, how each person interprets/understands it, is personal to that person.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

No I read it and accept it just as it states it. No reinterpretation what so ever. No need to because it is clear revealed truth. I don't even have to ask what it means because it is self evident.

To say that everyone has a personal interpretation is wrong.

God says what he says as he means it and that is it. It is up to those who read it to take action according to what they learn from God.

edit on 26-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

"Them" Are ALL those who practice those things found from Romans one verses 18 to 31.

From those verses you make the list of who they are and post it.

I can make the list for you and you check it out with a Av bible

Vs 18 the ungodly, who hold the truth in unrighteousness
vs21 those who do not give God glory, nor are thankful to him, those who became vain in their imaginations and their foolish hearts that are darkened.
vs22 professing themselves to be wise
23 those who change the glory of God into and image (even in their minds) of corruptible man, Birds and four footed beasts and creeping things like insects.
vs24 those who dishonor their own bodies between themselves.
vs25 those who change the truth of God into a lie and worship and serve nature and created things rather than the creator
vv26 ans 27those who have vile affections and change that which is natural for that which is against nature
vs 28 those who did not retain God in their knowledge
Vv29-31 and those who are filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, malicious, envious, murders, debaters, deceivers, maligners, whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, Despiteful, prideful, Boasters, inventor of evil things, disobedient to parents. those who know the judgements of God and commit such things as listed above, who know that those who do such things are worthy of death and do the same and have pleasure in others that do likewise.

That is the them he is given over.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I think "them" includes you too, if you look real close at yourself in the mirror, that is.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

One difference I have Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

go back up I added the list you or others would not make.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I don't know nothing about "Jesus", but I and "Christ" are one "Holy Spirit".

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Got it!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
after waiting one thing I noticed was after all the Intelligent people who read and commented on this thread, there was one truth that stood out that none recognized. God gives all men over to all the sinful activity in Romans 1:18-31 because they hold the truth in unrighteousness.

But more importantly no one even asked, what was the truth they were holding in unrighteousness?

If you have any of the activities listed in Romans 1:18-31 you have been given over to it by God because you hold the truth in unrighteousness. Every non-believer in Christ finished work of the cross given for our salvation will eventually polarize to one or more of the activities listed in Romans 1:18-31.

And even if a man is in Christ he stills struggles with the old nature of sin, but he is now holding the truth in righteousness and is no longer given over to follow those things. He has a new nature and God indwelling him and he by way of the Holy Ghost now has the power not to sin, where before he was given over to it.

edit on 13-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join