It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God give them over?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I never said God was playing around with anyones urges. You certainly think that but it is not true. He just lets them go without any moral boundaries so their own feelings and urges guide them along in this life.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

you too hold the truth of God in unrighteousness and by your own words your are given over to what is revealed in Romans 1

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

you too hold the truth of God in unrighteousness and by your own words your are given over to what is revealed in Romans 1

There is no truth in Romans 1. There is no such thing as a "wrath of God", only the wrath of jealous spirits who hate us because We Are Gods and have a high potential to realize this once we stop worshipping negative spirits of jealous and domination. These jealous spirits show wrath because they hate The Truth of who we are and what they really see within the human being, The Eternal Light.

You are God.
You are Light.
You are Love.

The human body is just a mask where you pretend to forget The Truth, but you can remember.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I never said God was playing around with anyones urges.

Yes, that's exactly what your saying. God hands "them" over, like a dad hands his kids over to a baby sitter. Only in this case, your baby sitter is Satan.

Have it at! I'm glad I don't have to live inside your head.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

you are completely wrong.

He "hands them over"?

No he "gives them over" you change the meaning when you change God's words. Which is more proof you have been given . . up/over.

"hands" and "gives" are two different things and things that are different are not the same.

God never had his hands on any one to hand them over. But by your own choice to hold the truth of God in unrighteousness, you have been given over/up.

I would hate to live in your head and surely wouldn't want you in mine.

edit on 25-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

what you shared is the lie that Satan told the first couple in the Bible.

Ge 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

He "hands them over"?

No he "gives them over"

I fail to see the difference.

At any rate, your take on things is clearly that God turns his back on his children when they are very young, developing and and impressionable, because they deserve whatever is coming at them, and he's SOOOO righteous!

Your God? He "washes his hands" to their fate. Something a human father would be condemned for doing.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You assumption that all people are the child of God is in error to the word of God.

Eph 1:3 ¶ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
and

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

You must be in Christ to get God's blessings and be adopted as a child. No man is a child of God just because they are born in this world. A person gets to be a child of God once they believe in Christ's finished work on the cross for their salvation.

This is the truth of God to which you hold in unrighteousness. Professing yourself to be wise . . .

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You must be in Christ to get God's blessings and be adopted as a child.

"Christ" is just another name for the spirit of man; "The Holy Spirit". We are all in "Christ"; We are all "Holy Spirits". To deny this is the "Great Blasphemy".

Mkay?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

like Romans 1 says, you are holding the truth in unrighteousness.

Praying for you.

Try using the AV Bible and show me your points using scriptures.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Praying for you.

Why would you do that? You want to send me your "God vibes"? But I hate your imaginary God, and according to you he already rejected me at pubescence. Why would you patronize his supremacy and his righteous rejection of me?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Seem like you could use a blessing.

My God is real and alive

As long as you have not reached the deadline (your physical death) there is always hope.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It's The Truth and The Serpent is not the only one who said it. So did The Real Jesus Christ in John 10:34.

I know you will disagree and try to defend your own limiting beliefs, though. You have free-will to believe you are a limited being and a slave/servant of some random god.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You can't evangelize while you're antagonizing.

According to you and Paul, your God has cursed me and handed me over to depravity. There is no blessing from your God to me.

edit on 26-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No it is according to the holy Scriptures, the words of God, in Romans 1. The words are very simple to read and understand. If you go and change the plain meaning of the text then you are holding the truth in unrighteousness.

John 17:17 ¶ Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

I did not say God cursed you or that you are cursed.

That must be your interpretation of the Text. And if so what will you do to change that?

The very breath you breathe is a blessing. The Sun and the rain on your face is a blessing from God.

If you know what the text of Romans 1 says there is no argument with me it is between you and God. Truth can be a bitter pill to swallow.

And BTW, I never evangelized once nor am I antagonizing. I started this thread to in the Religion as a discusion you have gone beyond that. If you don't like it you can just stop posting any time.

edit on 26-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

lets keep it iin context it was not written to ALL Men that is where you err. first answer all the questions who, what, when, why who, which and how.

Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Pre-crucifixion and to Israel. You need to know whom it is spoken to and the historical context. Even they knew by his words he claimed to be God.

Please if you are going to quote scriptures don't be cherry picking without knowledge of the context.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If you know what the text of Romans 1 says there is no argument with me it is between you and God.

You've allowed Saul of Tarsus, AKA Paul, speak for your God. I do not. I don't believe in your version or Saul/Paul's self professed dictum. I don't accept your teaching, preaching, antagonistic proselytization, condemnation or so called blessing wrapped in bigotry.

Get thee behind me Satan!

edit on 26-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hold the truth in unrighteousness that is why he gives people over.

the truth is the word of God and includes ALL Scriptures even those written by Paul.

Your not believing in it does not make it any less the truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You never once answered or attempted to answer the question laid forth in the OP.

All you have done is argue against the words of God found in His book.

It is already interpreted so we need no need to interpret it again.

It speaks plainly as to why God gave them over.

so whether you believe it or not you have to agree it does say why he gave them over "because they hold the truth in unrighteousness".

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I repeat:

I know you will disagree and try to defend your own limiting beliefs, though.

We are Gods, not just Israel, not just Jesus. God is not partial. That is my belief and my interpretation. If you want to have faith in slavery and powerlessness that is your choice.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join