It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to allow Combat for the first time since WWII

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

Beat me too it my take on the subject:

It's something to really worry about.

Japan's Continued Lurch Toward Militarism Prompts Public Outcry

www.commondreams.org...

I know a bit about Japan. My parents lived there, on the economy, for three years, I was born there and I have several 1st, 2nd & 3rd generation japanese american friends, my daughter's great grandmother was japanese.

This is a country that was humiliated at the end of WWII by the US. They haven't forgotten - it's naive to think they have. The US dropped atomic bombs on two of their cities as little more then an 'experiment'.

A year ago the Abe government passed draconian secrecy laws - we assumed it was to keep the real consequences of the fukishima nuclear accident out of the domestic and world press. Perhaps there were more sinsister motives involved.

Now this push from the noteably right wing government to modify the Japanese constitution to allow for offense military forces. They have always had a small defense force of US built arms but 'wanting to step onto the world stage' is an entirely different matter.

The move offered further evidence of the pacifist nation's march toward militarism, with one protester telling NBC News: "This is going to make it easier to go to war. It's wrong." According to news outlets, hundreds of protesters stood outside the parliament building on Thursday, chanting anti-war slogans during the debate and vote. Some held banners that read: "No to war legislation!"

And according to the Associated Press, polls show about 80 percent of Japanese oppose the bills and the majority believe the legislation is unconstitutional. Sheila Smith, writing at the Council on Foreign Relations' Asia Unbound blog, states that "[c]itizen activism against the prime minister’s policies is spreading, and on the streets and in town halls across Japan, there is a push to build a coalition of opposition to Abe’s effort at defense policy reform."

The powers that be in japan would not hestitate whatsoever to rain havoc on the US given the opportunity. Russia another long time foe is vulnerable as well.

Fascism and militarism is on the march one more time. History tells us where it will end and this time Japan won't be the only country with atomic wounds.

Late last week, Reuters reported that Japan is interested in joining a 12-nation NATO missile building consortium that would give Tokyo its first taste of a multinational defense project. The news outlet wrote: "Two Japanese sources familiar with the initiative said discussions in Tokyo were at an early stage, although joining the consortium would dovetail with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's more muscular security agenda, which included the lifting last year of a decades-old ban on arms exports."

edit on 17-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I absolutely agree with you.

Never forget, but work on the forgive. ...and unless they want to get swallowed up, they'd best be quick about it.

MHO, of course.

(post by JohnCruz removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

War if it does happen may be limited to proxy wars like the Vietnam war. However new nations may rise and fall in the times to come. At one point in time Japan was the most feared country in Asia. They would have to start mandatory military service if they ever wanted to have an effective fighting force.

Next comes Japans nuclear weapons program. . . . . . Followed by nuclear war!

edit on 18-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
This has been talked about for a while, now it has happened.

Things continue to get more and more tense in the Pacific.

www.nytimes.com...

After Fukushima I wonder 'why'. Would it have anything to do with evidence that a certain country from the mid east appears to have a hand in the event.

Ever noticed how the pictures and video from Fukushima don't show any cracks in the walls of the buildings, even the floating buildings?? this indicates that the claimed 8 or 9 whatever, mag quake is complete BS.

The Japanese govt realised this and so they realised the damage to nuclear plants was caused by something else and quake and the tidal wave a just a cover for that something else.

I suggest the Japanese know what the real cause of the destruction of nuclear plants was due to and who was responsible for it. They also know that the people who did it, did it because Japan did some favours for Iran's nuclear energy generation plant.

Who knows, perhaps Japan has a long term plan for letting that country from the mid east know, that they know, they did it.

edit on 18-7-2015 by Azureblue because: z

edit on 18-7-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You've worked in high positions in some capacity haven't you? Or maybe that is confidential on your part.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah I dunno... Its been 60 odd years and Japan and Germany have been pivitol in being on the right side of world affairs.

The idea of conquest doesn't exist in them anymore, ISIS, China and Saudi Arabia are the biggest threats to peace.

the good news is, we know Japan can be fanatical fighters when it comes to to following their orders.

Send them into ISIS held territory I say!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I should imagine they will dip a toe in to get some actual combat experience.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join