It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA report confirms: 2014 was Earth’s warmest year on record

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Warmest on record?

That obviously doesn't include the geological record, as there are plenty of times, over millions of years, when the Earth was significantly warmer than it is now..and not a single Human being was responsible for any of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese
I commend you for trying but you will never convince the deniers of anything but their mistaken beliefs. No amount of facts and links to reams and reams of scientific papers will make a blind bit of difference.

Save wear and tear on your keyboard. Let them drivel on amongst themselves in ignorance it seems to give them a thrill.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Answer

Nope, not close. You have been given bad information to come to that conclusion.

The general consensus has been that humans are contributing a warming effect on this planet. This became widely accepted by the scientific community since the 1960's, correct me if I'm wrong.

Only a very small number of experts actually believed that a coming ice age was near in the 1970's when that story made National Geo. (again please correct me if I am wrong....)

I'd say the general consensus in the world of climatology is that we are increasing the greenhouse effect.

The only substantial temperature fluctuations, in my opinion, are the result of solar cycles and that is a little-understood process because, well, the sun is relatively unpredictable.

For example, scientists are now predicting a solar minimum around 2030 that will lead to cooler temps.

Should we respect the planet and keep it healthy? Absolutely. Should we panic about global warming and spend a bunch of money trying to "fix" the problem? Absolutely not.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Who is panicking?
It seems like those who wish to ignore what is happening use buzz words like fear mongering, chicken little, and so on to make their point.
We need to make changes. It is much bigger than spending money. We need to collectively change how we live.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

(which is nowhere near the doom and gloom we have been told, they only want a carbon credit scam to fleece the public)

So if we stop the taxes and the emission schemes the world will heal itself? problem solved!

Yes you can't tax yourself or the planet to good health, but you can't say we are not contributing to the problem. The naivety of those who deny the damage we are doing are just as naive as the folks who believe that taxes and 'surcharges' will solve the problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

We need to make changes. It is much bigger than spending money. We need to collectively change how we live.

On that we agree.

The problem is, folks like Al Gore have ruined the message for many people. He is largely to blame for the "global warming is BS and just a money-making scheme" mindset.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If you observe any thread on GW you will see the conversation is always dominated by those that avoid the facts to interject their opinion about a tax. Even when everyone in GW camp admits a tax is BS the denier camp like a scratched record will skip back and focus on tax.

One camp is talking about the science the other camp focuses on politics.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

On that we agree.

The problem is, folks like Al Gore have ruined the message for many people. He is largely to blame for the "global warming is BS and just a money-making scheme" mindset.

LOL Remember that folks like big oil propaganda machines-Fox News and right wing talk radio have ruined the message for many people. They are largely to blame for the ignoring of real science on global warming. There is no money making mindset. This is based on real, actual hard science and data.

I read a lot of Global Warming/Green/Solar energy news feeds from several different news and blog aggregates and I can't remember the last time Al Gore was ever mentioned. This in hundreds of articles, papers, scientific blog posts, news stories from all sides including fox news. he hasn't ruined anything, he's not even part of the discussion.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Answer

On that we agree.

LOL Remember that folks like big oil propaganda machines-Fox News and right wing talk radio have ruined the message for many people. They are largely to blame for the ignoring of real science on global warming. There is no money making mindset. This is based on real, actual hard science and data.

I read a lot of Global Warming/Green/Solar energy news feeds from several different news and blog aggregates and I can't remember the last time Al Gore was ever mentioned. This in hundreds of articles, papers, scientific blog posts, news stories from all sides including fox news. he hasn't ruined anything, he's not even part of the discussion.

It all started with Al Gore and that sealed the deal for a lot of people.

Conservatives don't tend to be very open to new information once their mind is made up.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here's the catch 22. Cities and roads hold heat. If a city has grown in 20 years, it's logical that it's heat signature also has grown in the last 20 years. Does that mean the Earth is getting warmer? If you are outside in the shade and move into sun light and you start to sweat. Does that mean the Earth is getting warmer?

Now it's raining in Africa and desert area are getting greener. Deserts that used to be green are turning green again.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I been reading about that also.

hotair.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have never seen any real data that convinces me that man made global warming is a truth. There is definitely evidence to support climate change, but nothing to support humans are the cause. In my area the last 3 winters have been the coldest on record. Everything I have seen about man made global warming is always attached to a company or government that can make profit off it . Gas prices are higher due to new regulations attached to the myth. Any technology that doesn't use fossil fuels cost more. Governments get to tax you more to punish you for global warming if you don't pay extra for alternatively fueled tech.

I'm all for finding better fuels, not because I believe petroleum is killing the earth but because we should always be advancing. The same authorities that scream alternative fuels are the same ones who do everything to keep alternative fuels off the market. Look at what happened to Stan Meyer.

This is just my opinion but I just don't see real data to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
We had an incredible warm winter here in italy this year.And we are experiencing an incredible hot summer too.I'm 40 and i have never seen anything like this.Greedy corporations and their fake data can kiss my beep....
edit on Jpmbbpm05 by Jabbah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

I been reading about that also.

hotair.com...

The Sahara as a whole used to be very green, yes, the article mentions it & how that occurred. Here's another article pertaining to the changeover back then.

Actually, here's a better, more technical article about it. It's funny, instances in history like these always ruffle AGW bakcers' feathers, too. Like they can't wrap their minds around grand scale climate change not being our fault.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I think it's so interesting that these changes have been happening for so long. I believe Scientists are just starting to REALLY understand our earth's history. They can throw all sorts of speculation out there and confuse the heck out of us and themselves.

Science in the end will tell the true story.

Thank you for the links.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Was a scientist couple of years ago decided to check on monitoring stations

Monitoring stations supposed to be placed under strict conditions to insure validity of data

Supposed to be in shaded location, away from buildings, source of heat

He posted a list of the monitoring stations and asked people to send in photos

What came back was shocking - in one case station was next to building air conditioner exhaust vent, nearby was a
BBQ grill used by employees, another one was in middle of asphalt parking lot with no shade

Result was the NOAA promptly removed monitoring station location from websites to prevent people from
documenting conditions of stations

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Here are pictures of some of the monitoring stations and defects in placement

www.bobbyshred.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Not sure if you are trolling or just ignorant. But when we refer to "warmest on record" we mean the warmest measured by scientifc instruments. ie in the modern era.

We didnt have any weather stations around in the Pliocene .....

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

But so what?

If they were in the same position 10 years ago, and record 2014 as warmer than 10 years ago, then it was warmer than 10 years ago ....

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Questionablesanity
I have never seen any real data that convinces me that man made global warming is a truth. There is definitely evidence to support climate change, but nothing to support humans are the cause.

No evidence that support humans are the cause?

What about the deforestation of the planet?

What about the 40%+ rise of CO2 we have observed that is directly caused by the industrial revolution and our burning of fossil fuels for energy?

There is a plethora of evidence that supports that man is indeed causing the climate on this planet to change. To say you have not seen any data that convinces you otherwise, tells me you have not done any actual research on this topic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join