It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA report confirms: 2014 was Earth’s warmest year on record

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I like the video done by the far left the best.

`The Story of Cap and Trade' (aka carbon trading)

links.org.au...

vimeo.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
And keep in mind that, the only negative thing associated with action against man made global warming is the carbon credit.

I rarely see that ever mentioned except on ATS threads by those brainwashed by the big oil industry.

Every other thing is good for the economy and environment--mitigation against drought, sea level rise and famine...better gas mileage, renewable cheaper energy, less air pollution, less reliance on foreign oil and less influence by crooked regimes like Saudi Arabia, more trees.. and on and on and on....

Have have a good point here , the question being "could warming be a good thing" When i think about it in some aspects it might be.

I think people start to fear it when they become uncomfortable from it .

I am all for nature progressing and i have no problem sacrificing my comfort,however when it becomes a mater of survival I have to ..well ,survive .

Would nature give me a chance ? Nay ,it would eat me alive given the opportunity .

Truth is , we don't know for certain what kind of future impact this climate change could have on the us. I am guessing it would be negative for us humans.

if survival means paying a little more in tax.....well.... What would you do ?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

ETA: Ok read the new post with a link
Mostly just more post by you saying that with a couple links to people who would make some money.

I don't deny at all that there are those looking for a way to just make money off alt energy.

Just tired of hearing how it is this massive scam getting ready to get put in place with huge numbers thrown out and nothing to back it up.

All while ignoring that the way we currently are doing things is also making people trillions of dollars while getting subsidized.

You got some post complaining about that and how massive of a scam that is?

edit on thFri, 17 Jul 2015 17:49:36 -0500America/Chicago720153680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
if you say so. i have been here 16 years and this is the first real hot summer sine 2006 or 2007. The end of the 2014 winter was warm but the begining was so bitter i thought about changing my workshift to days. i certainly believe the opposite of you about warming in vegas.
a reply to: amazing

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The ironic part about what you posted though is it that it comes from the stand point that climate change is very real and needs to be dealt with, just saying that cap and trade is not the answer.

I can't agree more that handing the reins to this issue to very people who are making money off the current system is the answer.

But ignoring the whole thing all together because that is one of the solutions is pretty disingenuous.

Cap and trade is not the only way, it is just the way the people currently making money want to continue to do so.

So that is where we need to exercise our power and make sure that isn't the way it goes or tweak it to where it works.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja
a reply to: Kapusta

Just as we are soon about to enter a solar minimum period where we could see another mini-ice age by 2030.

I would question "where" from around the globe the data was taken, regions, cities, etc. Some places are having cooler than normal temperatures. Here in the So Or. we have been having unusually warm winters and summers.

I don't think the NOAA report confirms anything except in the locations their sample set includes. Pfft.
2ndthis info.. if peoples study expanded past being fed a single source of info they may not be influenced in their perception of climate. just google the daily temp records and you can see cold dominating heat.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I see.

I am all for alternative fuels (carbon neutral algae oil, etc.)

But in the case of the "Carbon Credit Scam", doing noting is better than doing THAT!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: turboneon
if you say so. i have been here 16 years and this is the first real hot summer sine 2006 or 2007. The end of the 2014 winter was warm but the begining was so bitter i thought about changing my workshift to days. i certainly believe the opposite of you about warming in vegas.

I appreciate your reply. I'm going to have to disagree with you though but man this last winter was very, very mild/warm/hot. I don't ever remember a winter that warm. And according to the review journal this past June was the hottest on record.

www.reviewjournal.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19583256]amazing[/post

Wow..I tried to quote and link to the review journal. Apparently we can't here, but...the review journal says this past June-2015 was the hottest on record...ever. Also this past winter was the warmest ever...

I appreciate your post and reply, but will have to respectfully disagree with you.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But doing nothing is giving those same people the same money that you don't want to be giving them...

Also doing nothing just adds to the problem.

Have you ever looked an issue that you know needed to be fixed and just did nothing because the first thing you thought of wouldn't worked?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

As I said, I will support any "reasonable" solution. The Carbon Credit Scam is a "multiplication" of the current obstacles. Worse, once Government and laws are involved, the "problem" can NEVER be allowed to be solved as there is so much money, jobs, and power involved with "continuing" the problem forever.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I've noticed changes in the weather I'm recent years and it does seem to be getting warmer. The animals are acting strange, insects seem "weird," and plant-life seems to grow faster. Call me crazy but.....

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Well what part is unreasonable to you?
The cap or the trade?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with taking better care of the environment. I am all for it.

I drive an electric vehicle, have an electric lawn mower, and all high efficiency appliances. With that being said, I don't agree at all with the IPCC.

You see how that works? You can have a different opinion than someone else, and at the same time work together to create a better environment for everybody.

The carbon tax stuff is just one element behind the climate change agenda. In reality, the main reasoning behind it is to shift power away from free market capitalism and nation sovereignty.

Problem-Reaction-Solution is really the only way "TPTB" can achieve their goals.

Step one is the Problem, or global warming crisis.

Step two is the Reaction, or daily barrage of fear mongering from the media. I work in IT, and have 5 different monitors in front of me whether I am at work, or at home. I use this screen real estate to efficiently work, trade, and keep up with as much world news, new technology/science as I can get my hands on. I am being completely honest when I say that I see 100's of global warming alarmist news pieces almost every single day. It is truly incredible.

Now ask yourself a question. What is the point of this? Who is the target audience? The majority of the world already thinks global warming is real. So why continue spreading fear? When you step back and answer that question honestly, you will start to understand.

Step three is the solution, which is to slowly strip away power from the individual, the cities, the states, the nations, under the guise of saving us from ourselves.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

You may absolutely be right, but...what if you're wrong and it's not a conspiracy and there really is a global man made warming issue that we should be addressing immediately....let alone a related fracking-contaminating our water supply issue and Saudi Wahhabi issue (meaning that by buying oil and using influence in Saudi Arabia for our oil needs we're hurting the entire world...wahhabi is the sect of Islam behind ISIS, and Boko Harem to name just two..spelling) etc. What if all of these hundreds of thousands of scientists are correct?

edit on 17-7-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Whether I am wrong or right is irrelevant. I am taking action to better the environment because it is the right thing to do, not because of fear.

That is why I equate global warming(climate change) to a religion. Why do most people believe in religion? They are afraid of the world, and death/hell so the idea that angels are watching out for you, or that instead of burning in hell for eternity you can go to this awesome place called heaven is very appealing.

People who believe in AGW are afraid of this future hell on earth that is being shoved down their throat every day.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

Whether I am wrong or right is irrelevant. I am taking action to better the environment because it is the right thing to do, not because of fear.

That is why I equate global warming(climate change) to a religion. Why do most people believe in religion? They are afraid of the world, and death/hell so the idea that angels are watching out for you, or that instead of burning in hell for eternity you can go to this awesome place called heaven is very appealing.

People who believe in AGW are afraid of this future hell on earth that is being shoved down their throat every day.

I do the same, I have a motorcycle to save gas and solar panels on my house...not because of fear but because I believe in man made global warming and that we should do something about it. I do it to reduce my pollution and dependence on oil and coal and because it makes economic sense for me.

I don't think believing in scentific data is the same as fear. Actually I'm sure listening to scientists is not the same as fear.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I see a very interesting trend when it comes to using our human understanding of earth life matching our life span.

Actually earth historically has been a lot, lot warmer than what we are experiencing right now and the latest record of warming was actually during medieval times.

edit on 17-7-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So let's say that even if the data has not been manipulated, and the idea being pushed(even by NASA) that 97% of climate scientists agree that AGW is real isn't total misinformation, what is the point of the incredible amount of global warming fear mongering in the MSM on a daily basis?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Corporate profiteering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join