It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA report confirms: 2014 was Earth’s warmest year on record

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

In 2014, the most essential indicators of Earth’s changing climate continued to reflect trends of a warming planet, with several markers such as rising land and ocean temperature, sea levels and greenhouse gases ─ setting new records. These key findings and others can be found in the State of the Climate in 2014 report Climate in 2014 report released online today by the American Meteorological Society (AMS).

The report, compiled by NOAA’s Center for Weather and Climate at the National Centers for Environmental Information is based on contributions from 413 scientists from 58 countries around the world (highlight, full report). It provides a detailed update on global climate indicators, notable weather events, and other data collected by environmental monitoring stations and instruments located on land, water, ice, and in space.

“This report represents data from around the globe, from hundreds of scientists and gives us a picture of what happened in 2014. The variety of indicators shows us how our climate is changing, not just in temperature but from the depths of the oceans to the outer atmosphere,” said Thomas R. Karl, L.H.D, Director, NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information.

Key highlights from the report include

• Greenhouse gases continued to climb

• Record temperatures observed near the Earth’s surface

•Tropical Pacific Ocean moves towards El Niño–Southern Oscillation conditions

•Sea surface temperatures were record high

•Global upper ocean heat content was record high

•Global sea level was record high

•The Arctic continued to warm; sea ice extent remained low

•The Antarctic showed highly variable temperature patterns

•Tropical cyclones above average overall

I am not to knowledgeable when it comes to the whole Global warming / climate change debate . I recall years ago people saying nay it's not happening and other folks saying it is happening . Then we had the "it's all a political conspiracy debate ".

From my own personal experience i can see change . I fish in Alaska Seasonally and I see the change big time ... It's been getting hotter in AK and the fish seem have changed their migratory pattern they have had for hundreds of years.

Like i said i lack knowledge in this area so ill hold my tongue until I can gather enough info on this thread to form an opinion for my self .

More reads Here

Thoughts ?
♠Kap♠
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

No warming for 19 years according to satellite data (until they mess with it). But regardless if there is some (which is nowhere near the doom and gloom we have been told, they only want a carbon credit scam to fleece the public).

edit on 17-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

No warming for 19 years

I think that sounds counter what this report from NOAA says , can you please provide a link to your source ?

ETA: I see you have now edited your post , the inormation source i reqested was present on your post before it was edited . Can you still provide that ?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

newsbusters.org...

www.forbes.com...

www.globalwarming.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Not warming in New York, cold summer cold winter. Not believing a government agency for facts. The facts have been manipulated all over the board on this subject. Just more taxes heading your way, I I think yesterday had a post about a mini ice age coming? We will need some warming.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

hmmm, you seem to not be so good with that.

try to cover one half at a time.

do you see the difference between the two halves?

you then need to look at the sea temperature difference in this same time period.

regards

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

No warming for 19 years according to satellite data (until they mess with it). But regardless if there is some (which is nowhere near the doom and gloom we have been told, they only want a carbon credit scam to fleece the public).

Except that historical records. Real, truthful data, shows that at least in Las Vegas we had the warmest winter ever recorded...I've lived her on and off for over twenty years, which exceeds your 19 years by 1, and I'll tell that at least in Las Vegas and Nevada, the climate is changing and it is getting warmer.

Secondly, real scientists are telling us that the world is warming, it's true. I don't want a carbon credit scam to fleece anyone. What's my agenda?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

It is difficult to go along with the insanity when a Financial Scam Solution is what is being pushed.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So essentially you are saying ,based off private data that no climate change is happening?

If that is the case , I'll have to tell you ( based on my own experience) that I respect your opinion ,but i fully disagree .

While I can't say for certain that it's "global warming " , I can say that i see a change and the natives of AK that i fish with also see notable changes in the weather , water temp, etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

So essentially you are saying ,based off private data that no climate change is happening?

If that is the case , I'll have to tell you ( based on my own experience) that I respect your opinion ,but i fully disagree .

While I can't say for certain that it's "global warming " , I can say that i see a change and the natives of AK that i fish with also see notable changes in the weather , water temp, etc.

I will be honest, If there is indisputable non-manipulated data (which we don't have) that actually showed a real trend.... Then What?

Really?

Implement a 3 Trillion a year Banker Carbon Credit Scam to drive what is left of the middle class into the poor house to make Wall Street Rich?

Seriously. Any true solutions have been abandoned for the lust of the trillions that are to be made by the right people.

It is quite difficult to take them seriously when everything is about the implementation of a Money Scam / Stealth Tax on energy to make "carbon traders" insanely wealthy.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Just as we are soon about to enter a solar minimum period where we could see another mini-ice age by 2030.

I would question "where" from around the globe the data was taken, regions, cities, etc. Some places are having cooler than normal temperatures. Here in the So Or. we have been having unusually warm winters and summers.

I don't think the NOAA report confirms anything except in the locations their sample set includes. Pfft.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

they only want a carbon credit scam to fleece the public).

Well that is what the guys currently fleecing you want you to think.

Because we all know there isn't any money to be made with the current way we doing things.

www.therichest.com...

Hmmm, notice a common theme in this list?

Where do you get the 3 trillion number btw?

Who has the solid,non manipulated, numbers to show that is how much it will cost?
edit on thFri, 17 Jul 2015 17:05:02 -0500America/Chicago720150280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

I will be honest, If there is indisputable non-manipulated data (which we don't have) that actually showed a real trend.... Then What?

Really?

Implement a 3 Trillion a year Banker Carbon Credit Scam to drive what is left of the middle class into the poor house to make Wall Street Rich?

Seriously. Any true solutions have been abandoned for the lust of the trillions that are to be made by the right people.

Can you provide proof to me that the data you speak of has been manipulated ?

I would really like to see that .

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Google, you will find plenty.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja

Just as we are soon about to enter a solar minimum period where we could see another mini-ice age by 2030.

I would question "where" from around the globe the data was taken, regions, cities, etc. Some places are having cooler than normal temperatures. Here in the So Or. we have been having unusually warm winters and summers.

I don't think the NOAA report confirms anything except in the locations their sample set includes. Pfft.

413 scientist from 58 countries ...

you are free to read the report here

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Cop out alert.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

It is your claim, don't make some one do your homework for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Respectfully sir you made the claim ,now bring forth the data ....

I would like to read what you read to come to the conclusion that ,

data from 413 scientist from 58 countries has been manipulated -of whom all are on board this "global warming scam ".

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I've heard of other evidence of Global Warming in Alaska recently... I believe it was a report of the US Navy saying there was alot of permafrost melting inland and the fish migration patterns sound like bad news. I tend the think the data is accurate but doing something about it is the big issue. I would like to see these same scientist (all 473 of them) produce a documentary on the subject. If they can spend billions of dollars on this subject, the least they could do is explain how there science actually looks. Global conditions are far more complex than any one graph can depict and the proof is needs to be backed up in a more comprehensive way.
edit on 17-7-2015 by mapsurfer_ because: typo

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
And keep in mind that, the only negative thing associated with action against man made global warming is the carbon credit.

I rarely see that ever mentioned except on ATS threads by those brainwashed by the big oil industry.

Every other thing is good for the economy and environment--mitigation against drought, sea level rise and famine...better gas mileage, renewable cheaper energy, less air pollution, less reliance on foreign oil and less influence by crooked regimes like Saudi Arabia, more trees.. and on and on and on....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join