It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie fish?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Came across this today. It's a video of a fresh fish that that is being prepared for a meal. It's head and organs are gone, but when the woman tries to scale the fish it flops and flops around.
I was always under the impression fish do not feel pain due to their weak nervous system and their lateral lines is only for sensing their surroundings and not for feeling pain. But now I am very skeptical about all that.

Let me know what you think about this ATS?

Warning! Video might be graphic for some.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Bizzare find!

i guess it has something to do with the Towl, as it only moves when wrapped in it,

muscle memory??

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

If you think that's weird, then you've never seen an ant's head. These can continue living even though their entire body is gone.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
Bizzare find!

i guess it has something to do with the Towl, as it only moves when wrapped in it,

muscle memory??
If this a case of "Muscle memory" I wonder when the cut off point is and why? Fish at the market don't do it. Odd huh?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dead reflexes. He's dead and he's not feeling it anymore. You can cut the head off a snake and it will continue to writhe around. I'm guessing this is the same.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

A friend of mine was so fast at cleaning catfish it's meatless body would still twitch when he threw it back in the river I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't witnessed it.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
From 2013, with a decent explanation

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If you want to read about a really strange animal story Google Mike the headless chicken.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Thanks for the video, she explains some fish to still move after a week, wow!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

If you want to read about a really strange animal story Google Mike the headless chicken.

OHH THE HORROR!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

If you think that's weird, then you've never seen an ant's head. These can continue living even though their entire body is gone.
I think ticks do that. They burrow their head into your skin and if you pull them off their head stays in you.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That's absolutely insane! It's like every time she puts pressure on the tail it's nervous system fires back up. Also not sure what kind of fish that is with no head, but looks kinda like a catfish tail.

Once when I was on a sailboat in Canada we caught a smaller ling cod. I knocked it over the head really good then simply fileted it without gutting it, then tossed the meatless body over the side at anchorage. Later that night, after we ate this tasty fish, I was recycling some Canadian beer over the side when I caught something moving under the boat. I grabbed a flashlight and found our meatless fish, still ALIVE, just barely moving its gills and mouth.

I felt horrible about this for a long time. Needless to say I am very effective and make sure the job is done cleanly now.

Thanks for sharing, this is still puzzling me

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I understand it, but doesn't make it ANY less messed up.....

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I used to work in a fish farm and when we would process the rainbow trout they would swim around in the cleaning tank with no insides, and sometimes no head.
We always sent the newbies to wash out the fish and there was always people screaming because they were still swimming around. Some fish are just plain tough.

top topics

join