It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Tennessee Marine slayings 'heartbreaking'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why yes my fellow American's our POTUS is all heartbroken about the shootings. Never fear though he's on the ball! He wants us to also 'understand'' that his administration will be thorough, and prompt in figuring out what exactly happened!

“I want everyone to understand we will be thorough and prompt in figuring out exactly what happened,” Obama told reporters in the Oval Office.

'We all take shootings seriously!'

Just hours after four U.S. Marines were shot and killed by Islamic terrorist Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez in Chattanooga Thursday, the White House announced President Obama has plans to go see Hamilton on Broadway over the weekend. More from The Hill:

Broa dway, and fund raisers!

Of course that will be after his broadway show, and his fundraiser to nite.

'Terrorists' don't stand a chance!
edit on 17-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Thing is, he isn't up for re-election so who cares how bad something like that looks. It was a tragedy what happened in Chatanooga, freaky things like this are becoming more and more common. Are we supposed to live in fear day-to-day? Many organizations would benefit from this, but because of that I choose to be aware and yet unafraid. It can happen anywhere, to any one - but we can't let things like this make us fearful to go out and do things.

R.I.P. to the brave people whose lives were taken too soon. It really is a shame that politicians never let a tragedy go to waste.

"Blah blah blah, we are the good guys and we're fighting for all you peasants out there who can't fight for yourselves. So remember to vote for us.. .blah blah blah."

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Thank God the attack wasn't carried out in a 1969 Dodge charger. Or there would be calls to ban all 1969 Dodge Chargers .

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Are we supposed to live in fear day-to-day? Many organizations would benefit from this, but because of that I choose to be aware and yet unafraid. It can happen anywhere, to any one - but we can't let things like this make us fearful to go out and do things.

That's the same excuse GW used.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Obama is completely apathetic when it comes to scenarios like this. Instead of going to see a Broadway play, why not drive to Chatanooga and personally offer condolences? Why didn't he drive to Ft. Hood and personally offer condolences? Most importantly of all, why is Obama not calling these attacks out for what they are? Things like this are happening on an increasing basis. You'd think by now Obama would acknowledge the issue at hand. But he doesn't and he won't.

On second thought, I wouldn't want him anywhere near. Look at what he did in South Carolina... he turned a eulogy into a political speech.
edit on 7/17/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Because if he were to do that, he'd stand revealed as the moral coward that he is. He has no opinions that aren't carefully crafted by his handlers before he sets foot in front of his podium. Or is it a stage prop?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Earlier in his tenure, he would have used this event to promote gun control, based on his prior actions. It seems as if he has resigned himself to acceptance of situations like this, and it's impact is not enough to alter scheduled plans.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Earlier in his tenure, he would have used this event to promote gun control, based on his prior actions. I

Oh that's still likely.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Earlier in his tenure, he would have used this event to promote gun control, based on his prior actions. I

Oh that's still likely.

I'm not dismissing the possibility, but he reaction to the event didn't include references to gun control as he has done in the past.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Did the President play a round of golf to help deal with his grief?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yea for more we hate obama cause he kicked our puppy threads. Whatever he says or does is gospel for the right wing nuts in murika.

Says nothing hes a bad person.

Says something holy moly did he really say that.

Have fun voting for another bush, and having another 8 years of blaming obama.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Obama is the blame guy, Bushs fault! Bushs fault, and that name Duke sounds racist!? Duke boys, duke lacrosse? Might want to change that.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
This is easily one of the worst post's I've ever read on this site. And that's saying a lot.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I'm sure you would love that. The fact is that your demigod Obama is still blaming bush after 7 years in office, pretty pathetic for the "leader of the free world." If Obama had a yearbook quote it would be "what? I heard it on the news, give me a second while I figure out who to throw under the bus"

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Obama has brought this on himself.

He has personalized tragedy. He has used tragedies.

Does he feel heartbroken? Doubt it.

But that isn't his job to feel "heartbroken".

His job is to lead the government and to insure that terrorist attacks do not happen again in the US.

Tough job?
Hell yeah.

But he wasn't forced to run for office.
(twice)

top topics

join