It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring Numbers...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I used to see 240 everywhere, i found it strange only because I would always look for 420 anyways, and hardly ever saw it. It haunted me until i surrendered to the fact it was higher communication; only then did the numbers really start to flow with an intelligent recognition of themselves. by this time i was into gematria, numerology, and such which has lead me now, completely into 4-d and beyond. now, i understand that 240 was merely telling me to look past the 3-d on 2 40.
its so intricately woven and really, the more i decrypt the numbers the more vast it becomes, yet at the same time, the more "it" makes sense.

if youre really into finding the synchronistic meaning of things, I would suggest studying gematria.
after that, the way will find you...
in fact, it already has...
...our ways are numbered...

[edit on 30-1-2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I keep see 444 all the time. It reminds me that I am on the right path in my life...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have had 444 tapping on my shoulder for some time now. Unlike what some other posters have said, I don't look for it at all. It's like I'll be wondering along and there it is, smack in my face. I would think about it, then forget about it until the next time it happened. Eventually it came to be something that didn't surprise me anymore, I would just think "aww, look - there is the 444" and I would smile and feel a sense of peace and carry on.

Finally one day curiosity got the best of me and I googled it only to find an overwhelming amount of people with the same experience, with the same numbers, reacting the same way and googling it for the same reasons. I don't care about numerology, I am blatantly Chrisitan and care nothing of all the other "stuff" as I see it as all eminating from Him anyway. I only make that point, not to be divisive - I respect our individual right to choose our own belief system - but because I would be the last person to look for signs in numbers..... This just seems to speak to me. So interesting. I noticed a commonality in that many of the people noticing this number are of the creative sort and/or an aquarius. Again, I don't follow horoscopes but I have always loved the idea that I am an Aquarius for some reason. ...and I am a musician by trade.

Anyone else?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

my number is also 1234. i see it all the time. it never fails that i look at the clock and there it is. it is almost spooky to me. i dont understand it nor do i understand why it bothers me so. it actually makes me cry. what does this mean? help me please

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Icelandia

You're missing a very simple explanation - you remember seeing the numbers you think are recurring, and ignore those that are not the numbers in question.

You start life without seeing any numbers, and probability being probability, you will eventually (at some point in your life) see one group of numbers more than another. You commit those to memory, and every time you see them you attribute another "hit" to those numbers. The only problem is chances are you don't take a "hit" off when you see numbers that aren't those ones you have committed, so you end up with a skewed notion that those numbers are recurring, when they're not recurring any more than any other numbers you'd care to notice.

Objectivity is your friend. Embrace it. Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i am constantly plagued by numbers such as 5:45, 6:26, 1:11, and so on. It is driving me insane and it seems to only be on clocks, nothing else really. i want to see if theres any meaning for it or if im just having months worth of coincidence.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Guh. Some skepticism can be healthy. As in... these types of things don't usually add up to anything, so we'll investigate them as a last resort. But skepticism needs balance, out of whack it has it's own level of ignorance and arrogance. Way more sometimes than without it. Since adopting it as a safe and closed door approach to life encourages that behaviour. SO easy to sit on that perch and pass judgement on everyone else, if you're so enclined. "I'm just a skeptic, I go by what I know that others have discovered and don't think for myself." We don't know hardly know ANYTHING. Skepticism can be two things: 1) considering and testing... or 2) dismissing without giving any thought. We can argue that nothing exists. We can argue that only what we see exists. There's whole #ing schools of thought that have contemplated and written about these things, ad nauseum.

Personally, all that matters to me is the truth. I find it comforting that people are stretching beyond the everyday to find answers. That's how nearly all of mankind's greatest discoveries have happened. There is some way out there truths, scientific facts, that would never have been found if not for people being willing to dig into or entertain the bizarre.

Obviously, most people consider coincidence as a factor. Some people will be satisfied by that answer, no doubt. It may be that. They should still look and decide for themselves. But ignorance is an action: ignoring something. I don't think it's so far out to look into the possibility of their recurring numbers as omens, nor to inverstigate any validity or accounts. I'm guessing most people have never looked into these things at all. That's what you do... when you don't have your brain turned off by belief system which provides a safe and secure superiority complex. Then you don't have to ask any big questions, they've all been provided for you by others. You get to spend all that extra time staring down your nose at others, making snide remarks from your highhorse. And you get to believe you are better than others. Too cowardly and unempathetic an approach to life for most.

No matter who is right, everybody's # stinks... and everybody ends up as a rotting corpse platter to a bunch of worms. All of our vanity doesn't ammount to diddly then, nobody will thinks you matter, and it looks pretty stupid and vain to expend so much hatred and negativity...

What matters in this life, IMHO... is living it to the fullest, doing what's right and how you treat others.

I'm sorry, know I'm on a rant. But regarding some of the comments here: this plague of snotty, sneering, self proclaimed as "smart", skeptic thought police crap is just so stupid. You want some scientific skepticism? It's a copout and a dropout on asking life's big questions, a prefab subscription to accepting that you have all the answers you need, and an excuse for acting out self indulgent fantasies of superiority. Sad truth is, wearing that patch on your state issued clone jacket makes you no better or smarter than anybody else. The truth is the truth. I think science is great, but it's a tool for testing things, not a belief system with a built in explanaition for life. If you don't know what it is and can offer no actual reasoning, can't disprove it, can't act human and civily engage others... just offer attitude and sneering. You're likely just as clueless, dumb, smart, right or wrong as anybody else. Just that you've willingly shut down much of your free will and imagination in viewing the world... and are an asshole to boot.

Ignorance and blindness can come from any belief system. Show honest reasoning. Participate in life with your fellow human beings with sympathy and modesty, without malice. If you really want to communicate. Let people judge whether where you come from and what you say matters or has relevance. Just proclaiming yourself the king# and mocking others makes you look like a clueless masturbating moron.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've been seeing lots of 666's, first of all it was in my phone number & then when I was playing Forza2 on my xbox it tells you the distance the car in front or behind is in meters, when I would look to check the distances a lot of the time 666 would be the distance.

When watching youtube or google video, my bandwidth meter fluctuates but when glancing at it, 66.6kbps would be the speed more often than not.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. If you ever get the notion in your head that a number has certain meaning to you, your subconcious will elevate it to your conscious as something important, like when you see your name written somewhere - it stands out more than other peoples' names. As soon as that happens, you will start to "see" it more and more often, as each time you see it, it reinforces the notion that you see it often. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy - the numbers don't mean a damned thing. They're just numbers. The sheer amount of numbers we see every day makes the possibility of seeing any 3, 4, or even 5 digit stream incredibly probable.

Come on, guys! Use your brains!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Icelandia

Numbers are supposed to be read. Take your birth date and find out what matches your birth date a= 1 b=2 etc... add the numbers together when you get double digits 666 is time and 60 seconds 60 minutes 24 hours a day 2+4=6. lucifer is are creator he gave us light without the sun their would be none. enlightened ones are choosen by him, (lucifer) to be beside him

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
numbers I keep seeing on a regular basis:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The only number I notice often is 119.
It was my number to log in at work, the number of the bus I used to catch home from school and when I was watching a documentary about the LHC, it was the first number on that, just written on a wall. I don't think it means anything though. I reckon these numbers are jus coincidences, people just noticing the numbers and not all the other ones.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have always been a very logical individual in all aspects of my life. I never have been one to be easily lead astray or to speak upon something before I truly have a deep understanding or at least gave it a great deal of thought...
In the past 3 years, I am logical, intellectual and "Aware" enough to know that what I am experiencing is "NOT PROMPTED BY THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND"... I would really, really like to write this experience off as such. I am a strong believer in Science and fact, on the other hand I believe we have a creator and we have only touched the tip of the iceburg. The mind is extremely powerful,(we all know) but; we really Don't Know the true power of it?? The situation I experience is something like I have never witnessed or came in contact with before. Pattern? THERE IS NO PATTERN... Its Random, Not a static thought; at all... The number "NEVER CHANGES" ***I dont care to mention the number or compare thoughts on it or to receive advice*** If you actually think that we are fully aware of ourselves through our "modern day psychology based on psychoanalysis theory and techniques started in the 1880-1890's"... I feel for you... If you cannot open your mind past what you have been "taught from TEXTBOOKS" or to question our modern day theories or to question "every single thing" in life that we have been taught to believe... You are lost. We live in a sphere, floating in space, in a Galaxy, that resides in a vast Universe... ***WE KNOW NOTHING**** Those that can truly understand that statement KNOW where I am coming from*** Just 20 or so years ago, we would not have been able to share our opinions on this wonderful thing now created called the WWW... "Just 20 or so years" Hmmm not that long ago?? Everything ADVANCES* Technology, Science, nothing stays the same... Why would WE?? Everything changes...I think we are not even close to understanding what is out there, or what awaits us... It would probably blow our MINDS to "know" the unknown... **KEEP AN OPEN MIND**

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
hmm, almost 4 years since the last time I posted to this thread and I am still seeing the 619's!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I think this phenomenon is akin to the street lamp thing. Many people believe they make street lamps go out when driving under them. I used to think I did, once. Fact is bulbs burn out and there are millions of them. You are bound to drive under one going on the fritz. These people are only noticing when they go out and discounting the thousands that did not "go out". You think we have a lot of street lamps? How often do you think we are exposed to numbers on a daily basis. I think statistics and probability play a huge role here. Perhaps we are only noticing the numbers we are paranoid about, while discounting the billions of numbers that do not apply. Just my two cents

~Hyp

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HypnoAsp

That is exactly it. Once a number is 'special' to a person (as in, they think they see it everywhere), they are bound to notice it more often. Of course, they ignore all the other numbers, giving a skewed perception of the frequency this number appears.

It's all delusional.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Your post is interesting. I am also Christian, a musician, and often experience a set of recurring numbers, although they are not the same as yours.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah.. i seem to have the number 327 carved in my own life.
My VAT Number finishes is 225483327
My university student number is 30327
The internal phone number of my office is 24327
And I work with a colleague in that same office that was born on 27th of March.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Picao84]

<< 1    3 >>

join