It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Dear. The U.K. Now Has A Flag Issue.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: ScepticScot

...but bitter jocks tend to hang out with each other lol

And there we have it..... I'll just leave you to feel foolish about that post but that may require a degree of self awareness that you seem to be lacking.
edit on 17-7-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nice looking flag. Wonder if some one there would trade one for a Confederate flag.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I like THAT one ,it has better sweep and composition...I'm OFFENDED you would SLAM the MASONS in such a way ,but ....

edit on 17-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You already SEE it as my avatar.
I MUST say ,it has been QUITE disappointing that insignia hasn't OFFENDED anyone what with it's long and dark history that never happened...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Aw, I'm almost heartbroken lol, not.
You care more about Scotland than I do, why would I care as much as you? I am not Scottish.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Just face it England, after Portugal your ships carried more slaves to the new world than any other country.
The United States inherited the institution of slavery from you Brits.
Now you can feel all warm and cozy.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Lame and childlike argument, oh dear.

....first to end slavery as well, don't forget that

edit on 17.7.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i'd love to see the un adopt it, chains and all… people still wouldn't get it...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I wish I had enough free time to get offended by flags but I don`t. I guess if you are living on the dole you have nothing but free time. What`s that old saying? oh right, idle hands are the devils workshop.
100 years ago people didn`t get offended by petty things because they were too busy trying to survive.
Today we have too many deadbeats that have all their basic necessities taken care of by the government so they have lots of free time to do things like get offended by a flag.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lame and childlike argument, oh dear.

....first to end slavery as well, don't forget that

I'm not sure Charles Dickens would agree with you.
Child labor wasn't exactly not slavery.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I don't care about the chains...we use chains a lot in society for all sorts of reasons..someone has to make them, even back when slavery was in it's full ugly swing.

The problem i have with that banner, is nothing to do with political correctness, the 'link' with slavery (no pun intended) or anything else like that..but it's just plain damned ugly as a banner..probably one of the ugliest i've seen.

But if those Brummies like it, who am i to argue.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

So what are you saying?
Should I be ashamed of the Union flag of the UK or something, as SepticScot seems to also infer?
Changing the flag won't change the nation or it's history.

...I also note how SepticScot is focusing on flag issues in N.Ireland but brushing over the very same childish sectarian issues with flags in Scotland. We do not have such problems in England or Wales.
It is a solely Scottish and N.Ireland problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Oh FFS I clearly stated that those who have an issue with what flags are flown in N.Ireland are idiots. Acknowledging that there is an issue is not the same as agreeing with it.
At no point have I implied (not inferred) that you should or should not be ashamed of your flag, if you are inferring that from I have written it suggests the issue is with you.
I think it is pretty clear there is a scale to these things. Idiot moaning on radio, low on scale. Glaswegians singing offensive songs at football games a bit higher. Riots over what day flags are flown in Belfast, well it it seems fairly obvious to me.
You clearly came on spoiling for a fight last night, shame you have carried on today.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Ah that's fair enough, but your cryptic initial post here didn't help with my interpretation of your intent.
We've crossed swords enough times about all things UK being bad, but Scottish equals good, so unfortunately if you are not clear in your statements then I'll assume you are of the mindset similar to a fellow countryman of yours here who would call the Union flag the butchers apron.

Have a nice weekend

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You had to have looked that up dude, haha! Otherwise I fear you know too much.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Does that mean banning chains in general? All those hip hop hypocrites would need to give up their bling.

Thankfully logic exists and the guy complaining about it is being reminded of his own hypocrisy in accepting an OBE from a nation that was involved in slavery.

Africa and Africans played an even worse part in the slave trade, where is the outrage there?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Africa and Africans played an even worse part in the slave trade, where is the outrage there?

True, I've often thought that, same sort of thing with the Irish merchants who continued to export foodstuffs for profit during the potato famine.
Again though it is not a historic flag, it was introduced in 2013, and yeah I still think it looks like the flag of a totalitarian state. I wouldn't have voted to introduce it for my region if I lived there. For purely visual reasons.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Also the Irish were once major players in the stealing of British people for slavery from England, Wales and Scotland.

It is an ugly flag but I guess it portrays the connections to it's industry, probably designed by some non artistic person on MS paint instead of a proper design agency, either that or they were done.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
They made the anchor chain for the Titanic too.
so did they make it Sink?

women in the home paid 2 penies.
made the chains.

Blacks ware NOT the first Slaves.
and not the LAST.
but they wine the most.

I knew the first time I sore the flag in next dorrs garden they would be problems!

edit on 18-7-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There is also the fact that African Muslims enslaved millions of British and other white people in the barbary slave trade and that the African slaves bought by the British were already slaves, enslaved by Africans and for many years refused to buy slaves at all until persuaded by the African slave traders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join