It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans can’t stop comparing food stamp recipients to wild animals on Facebook

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Gryphon66

well...if it matters we have discussed how disparate my libertarian views are to your liberal views at some point in the past. And agreed to disagree then.

So ill throw up a white flag on that particular discussion.

We have discussed it surely.

No need to surrender, we can simply not talk about it, or we can try to find a factual basis between our opinions, etc.

Not directed to you or to this specific situation, but that's our general problem in this country ... we write too much off to political ideological beliefs and never dig down to actual facts.

Respectfully withdrawing "from the field" as well. Keep your colors flying high! LOL

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The assertions have been made throughout this discussion that our social safety net programs are nothing more than some kind of "government teat" that the "lazy good for-nuthins" can attach themselves to and live on forever at our expense.

Sorry to bring you back to the 21 first century but sadly that is exactly what is going on, right now, interestingly for one person that is drop from the welfare system 6 more join with their extended families.

Along that let no forget that the welfare system has grown incredibly in the last 6 years under the present administration and it seems to keep on going.

Let also add that this all at the backs of the working productive class you know those that works but do not depend on the other tax payers to survive.

edit on 18-7-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The assertions have been made throughout this discussion that our social safety net programs are nothing more than some kind of "government teat" that the "lazy good for-nuthins" can attach themselves to and live on forever at our expense.

Sorry to bring you back to the 21 first century but sadly that is exactly what is going on, right now, interestingly for one person that is drop from the welfare system 6 more join with their extended families.

Along that let no forget that the welfare system has grown incredibly in the last 6 years under the present administration and it seems to keep on going.

Let also add that this all at the backs of the working productive class you know those that works but do not depend on the other tax payers to survive.

Sorry to bring you back from the 1960s and 70s, but your statement is based on your beliefs, not actual facts.

Prove that "6 join when one leaves. " I mean any statistics really, from anywhere except Newsmax, Breitbart, etc.

Prove that "the welfare system" has grown under Obama's administration, i.e. changed structurally, rather than the fact that those years have measured a recovery from the economic crash that occurred under Mr. Bush's administration and have necessitated that the social safety net actually does its work.

Your last statement is just total BS. All tax payers benefit from the infrastructure that past tax payers have provided through the govennment. How different do you think your life would be without affordable electricity through the power grid, affordable groceries possible by the interstate highway system, without medical advances sponsored by government subsidies, without an early warning system for weather catastrophes, etc. etc. etc.

You didn't build that; we all did.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Very interesting to see how you support the raping of the tax payer to pay for the shortcomings of the government support of inequality. corruption and waste and abuse, because they can.

I guess if I was benefiting for this I would be supporting the rhetoric too.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I see it from a different perspective.

The growth in welfare is a result of my countrymen being screwed over by the government that I despise. They aren't in need of my disdain. Instead, they are in need of my support. Their plight could be mine, were it not for some luck and a bit of cunning. 2009 was a rough year for me, too....i've just recovered.

No, the increase in welfare is less about lazy people and more about a government that has offered us to be bent over for Wall Street.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

it depends on what you mean be welfare I think. if you mean giving money to adults who could work but just don't, well, I don't think that can happen much anymore, since well, I've known quit a few that the gov't has pushed into community service jobs when they couldn't find work on their own.
if you mean working people who need extra resources to meet their needs, I fully believe it. we've lost too many good jobs and seem to have replaced them with low paying or part time jobs.

I think now though, there's been alot of people shuffled from the welfare (could work but can't find any job) to the disability offices since well the disablility roles have increased. so who knows, there's alot of shuffling between the programs I think.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Very interesting to see how you support the raping of the tax payer to pay for the shortcomings of the government support of inequality. corruption and waste and abuse, because they can.

I guess if I was benefiting for this I would be supporting the rhetoric too.

And now you put words into my mouth not only that I've never said, that don't resemble even slightly anything I've ever said.

Typical ideological extremist position. Not to mention dishonest.

No facts, no evidence to support your wild claims.

SSDD.
edit on 11Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:39:14 -050015p112015766 by Gryphon66 because: Fricking letter order

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How to keep the entitlement class happy and away from turning against the government.

Welfare State Grows by Nearly 19% Under Obama – to Almost $1 Trillion a Year

cnsnews.com...

When is not jobs to support the jobless poor and the working poor class the government just keeps throwing bread crumps to keep them happy.

3 Charts Explain Why the Obama Welfare State is Growing Faster Than Job Creation

mic.com...

I am sure is a law somewhere in your database that said this all legal and rightful

While the oppressed class complains when their government assistance doesn't come in time, the working class is to busy working to keep making their payments on time.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

it depends on what you mean be welfare I think. if you mean giving money to adults who could work but just don't, well, I don't think that can happen much anymore, since well, I've known quit a few that the gov't has pushed into community service jobs when they couldn't find work on their own.
if you mean working people who need extra resources to meet their needs, I fully believe it. we've lost too many good jobs and seem to have replaced them with low paying or part time jobs.

I think now though, there's been alot of people shuffled from the welfare (could work but can't find any job) to the disability offices since well the disablility roles have increased. so who knows, there's alot of shuffling between the programs I think.

I think you're dealing with these matters generally, without reference to specific laws or specific programs.

All I'm really doing here is addressing the "government treats people like animals by keeping them up their whole lives at my expense" with the reality of the laws that govern our social safety net.

There are specific issues with specific programs particularly since the 1993 Act moves the majority of these programs back to the individual States to decide ...

But in general, I'm saying that our present overall philosophy as a nation is specifically NOT merely "handouts to lazy reprobates."

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yeah, absolutely no ideological bias in those sources, eh?

Keep the faith!

When you have actual facts to present, I'll be glad to respond in kind.

By the way, did you find any quote of mine that resembles "how you support the raping of the tax payer to pay for the shortcomings of the government support of inequality. corruption and waste and abuse, because they can"?

Would you like to apologize for being dishonest about me and my positions? Or are you just going with the lie?
edit on 11Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:46:20 -050015p112015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well you have also to understand that is the career welfare recipients and then is those that are the casualties of government support of corrupted policies.

Then again while is ok to help a "our countrymen in need" look for how long we have been forced to do this, to the fact that the working class is starting to deteriorate because they do not have enough to support itself.

But by the views of our government this is our tax payer duty and very well encouraged, to the point that is becoming a shame to even complain about how we are forced to do so.

The irony

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I got you point, I need to shut up, keep paying my taxes to support the welfare system and the government keep weaving my American flag, those that makes you happy? I bet the poor and destitute are.

Yes, I'm sure sources are like toilet paper is always a good brand in the store that will benefit you needs and mine.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I find it interesting when it is a matter of our political ideologies we are always individuals with rights when we disagree with policy, and part of a huge national majority when we agree with policy.

That is observable in every political extreme.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Are you missing the point entirely that you have no right to claim that I'm saying things I've never said?

Are you unable to speak your own beliefs without misrepresenting what I've said?

I don't care if you support the welfare system or not. You're an American, and you can feel and say whatever you want.

And just for your tired, weak implications that I'm "benefiting" from the social safety net, I've been gainfully employed for 29 years or so, have been unemployed two times for about a month each time, I pay just as much (or likely more) taxes than you do ... so why don't you blow that out your nose with the rest of the nonsense you're posting.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hey I got an idea,
let's drop all assistance except for the elderly (social security) and the disabled and watch the business sector scramble to keep their employees alive and functioning without the gov't assistance.
wal mart already published a report to their stockholders of what a small decrease in food stamps would cost their company..
it would be in a sick way fun to watch as they watched the results of a total cut!!! I bet they'd find the money to pay their employees more real quick though!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The working class is deteriorating because they don't have work.

Every minimum wage increase crunches out a little more of the middle class, turning them into "the working poor". Meanwhile, the only options for a decent wage: go into debt in college, or risk being mutilated by extremists doing civil work in the middle east.

People feel hopeless for a reason. Sure there are deadbeats on welfare. Always have been. But that just isn't human nature for everyone. Most of us need something to do to occupy our time.

The biggest danger for Uncle Sam: idol hands are the devils playground.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
hey I got an idea,
let's drop all assistance except for the elderly (social security) and the disabled and watch the business sector scramble to keep their employees alive and functioning without the gov't assistance.
wal mart already published a report to their stockholders of what a small decrease in food stamps would cost their company..
it would be in a sick way fun to watch as they watched the results of a total cut!!! I bet they'd find the money to pay their employees more real quick though!

Ever see any of the Mad Max movies?

Republico-libertarian Wonderland (in my humble opinion).

EDIT: Oh, forgot to add ... "LOL"
edit on 12Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:08:31 -050015p122015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well is the entitlement programs that are the ones you can not denied, then is the welfare programs or government assistance programs, the latest I will be very happy to see been eliminated from been a burden on my tax dollars.

But then again, the kingpins, the profiteers mob of welfare and the underground EBT cards cartel will become very unhappy of this and even will stop supporting the politicians that keep in them in business.

Then can you imagine the riots from coming from the recipients themselves? they have grown to believe in today's welfare generation the government assistance pay by tax payers is their inheritance.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We can not have a welfare mob rioting in the streets in their free time do we, we have just gotten in recent months what they are capable off.

The working class and tax payer is the new oppressed class this days actually, too busy to riot and to complain working and paying their dues.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

ya, I know, with all the uproar over the programs and all the demonizing of those who need the assistance, no one really wants to end them! heck just like you will not find one economist that says a 100% employment rate is good for the economy!

but it is like a cancer that is growing in our country, every year we lose more self-sufficient taxpayers and gain more workers that need the assistance to keep their households running and part of the answer has to be that the employers take some of the responsiblity for their employees, for their training, for their cost of living (both by paying them enough to make ends meet and by reducing their prices.). they are the only ones showing a profit, the gov't is in debt, and the taxpayers are stretched to the limit. and charity??? ya, sure, they are stretched beyond their means also.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join