It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Jobs In History series - Medieval , Roman & Anglo Saxon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I watch a good amount of medieval era stuff on youtube and one of "Worst Jobs In History" videos popped up. I've watched the Roman & Anglo Saxon episode and also the Medieval episode. Pretty interesting/fun to watch if you're into those periods of history.

Basically, the show takes a look at a couple of the worst, disgusting, dangerous, and nasty types of jobs from a particular era. I believe it's centered around history in the UK, and the show has more than just the earlier periods of history. Tudor, Stuart, and Victorian are a few more episodes included in the show, but I havent watched those yet.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this.

Here's the Medieval worst jobs video. The barber/surgeon was pretty freaky, along with the cure for warts. Chopping off a live eels head, rubbing its heads blood on the wart, then burying the head and waiting for it to decompose... freaky. Then stomping in pee to take the grease out of wool....nasty.

And here's the Roman & Anglo Saxon worst jobs. Making the stick wall....looks fun at first, atleast for the first few minutes, but after that and doing it for a living? That's some hardcore work.

edit on 17-7-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Awesome, but 3 minutes in, I just realized this is a bit long and i have to go to bed. This is on my must do list for tomorrow though. if you have seen the Horrible Histories series, those are good too for stuff like this.

new topics

join