It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Skipshipman, just to get it straight, do you think cold fusion is suppressed? I don't think it is, it never was. It was heralded as one of the great inventions of the mid eighthies. I still remember the airing on Dutch national television.

You know what the problem is with cold fusion? The experiment was flawed and this was acknowledged by the scientists performing the experiments later on. They never actually were able to see the continuous neutron fluxes associated with fusion. However, they thought that the fusion process, as it was accelerated by the presence of platinum was actually making our neutron friends disappear.

Later on it was established that the hydrogen actually is implanted into the platinum lattice, a proces which is exothermic (Releases energy). That's why they actually saw the excess heat and also, the lack of neutrons. Basically you can view the cold fusion as a very nice chemical reaction.

But hey, national television loses interest when scientists find out like this about something that was hyped, and I don't blame them. So that's why it seems it was covered up, but it never was.

Oh and btw, the actual scientists still believe in cold fusion, they still have a website, visit it sometime and draw your conclusions.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ok, enough allready- cold fusion is a movie.

no one has ever proven cold fusion. there are no cold fusion reactors. and there are barely even theorys on cold fusion. - that i know of.

fusion is still in development. in the US there is not much R&D on nuclear fission and fusion because of politics. even the US's fission reactors are only experimental. eg. EBRII at argonee west. and many others.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Bravo skip shipman i must say well said my good man and all that !

righty right

there have been sources of energy that the global elite have shot into the tank of oblivion because it takes power , money and control out of there hands and makes it availible to the world populace on a free or nearly free availibilty....just because some one said that cold fusion doesnt work or they just fell short and were off by just a little to make it work doesnt mean the powers that be did not get a hold of it and suppress it with there incredible wealth and power....
A good example of this is some of Teslas work which funding for certain projects got shut down when he hit upon this type of development.
What really scared them about tesla was his ability that once the project was finished it worked every time !!!!
its one of the big reasons that edison did not like him !!!
He said something like it wasnt normal for some one to build something and for it to work the first time with no experimentation involved.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
watcheroftheskies,

Are you suggesting that this happened to cold fusion or not? I'm a bit unsure that any of you guys really knows what happened. You're just blabbing about how some technology was surpressed etc. etc., you bring in Tesla and say well here's a guy that was surpressed, bla bla etc. etc.

I find it hard to read this sort of thing cause it suggests that cold fusion was surpressed, which it was definitely not, otherwise you wouldn't have heard about it on national television, right?

Pons and Fleischmann did their experiments and blew triumphantly on the trumpet when they had a hunch that heat was released in some experiment of theirs. Since they put in deuterium they jumped to the conclusion of fusion.
Their experiments were repeated by at least 10 labs all over the world which also published their results saying they found no fusion and in most cases even no excess heat. Pons and Fleischmann themselves had a hard time repeating their experiments in most cases as well, and when their experiments worked they usually didn't have all the equipment around.
Ergo there was no surpression, the knowledge is still freely available to the public (Original article can still be found in the Journal of Electrochemistry, and most university libraries are public so go pick it up and repeat the experiment yourself, it's not that hard, you just need platinum and heavy water, glass ware, a power supply, a thermometer and a neutron detector(Can be you as well, just stay near to the experiment, you will get radiation poisoning and be killed if there's fusion going on
)

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Do you seriously think that because somethings been repressed that you wouldnt hear about it on television??

Things are brought up all the time about certain subjects
and of course there on television and the official line which they present is oh weve dealt with this subject and heres where it stands....
you dont think the media can present a subject and give you a new line on where it stands and that people in power dont have the ability to suppress knowledge or technology ????
are you serious???
study your history and i think youll find all kinds of examples to this end

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You just don't believe a scientist that is familiar with the field, okay have it you way! You be the scientist! Get the article from the library, get your father's platinum watch, order some heavy water from Aldrich and redo the experiment and PRESTO! You even get to be a martyr of science if it really works (the radiation poisoning I mentioned earlier). Ain't that great?? The article by Pons and Fleischmann still isn't surpressed so go ahead and prove all those other scientists and me wrong by performing the ultimate counter-expertise.

Cold fusion was never surpressed!!

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Devils Advocate]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i never said specifically that cold fusion was supressed if you read my postings

if you need to know more i would ask you to address skip shipman or u2u him and discuss this as he is far more capable of telling you what you want to know or debate about or argue about....
it oughta be a good one !

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Exactly my point. If you want to talk about things that are being surpressed, go on-topic elsewhere, don't go off-topic here. With your posts you create an atmosphere of conspiracy, where there is none.

Everything is in scientific literature, everything can be reproduced with moderate effort, so nothing has been surpressed. There's just hardly any interest anymore.

I, as a scientist that has spent some time studying this specific case really don't have a problem with cold fusion not being studied intensely anymore, I really think that Pons and Fleischmann were wrong. And I'm willing to accept the fact that it does exist if someone shows proof (i.e. an article in a peer-reviewed journal showing irrefutable evidence, that is not debunked in the months following publication).

The fact that there is renewed interest is probably just provoked by the fact that Dubja wants to be independent of other states regarding energy. Some yahoo asks for a grant to study cold fusion again, and since the US government is full of idiots, he actually gets the grant.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
found another link about cold fusion....

world.std.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Cold Fusion happens is nature and in all radioactive elements. This process can be stimulated in various ways. It is possible to build Cold Fusion reactors using elements other than hydrogen and helium, for example Carbon.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
cold fusion suppression at MIT, SRI and congress

here's an exert..........

Monday, May 17, 1999

Two months ago, I reported that Dr. Michael McKubre, an electrochemist at Menlo Park-based SRI, was, like other researchers, generating unaccounted-for heat in a carefully-controlled cold fusion experiment.

McKubre presented his findings at the centennial meeting of the American Physical Society, the nation's premier gathering of physicists. Close to 100 scientists attended McKubre's talk, a sizable audience for a technical session. Despite the crowd, and the importance of the subject, no major news stories have been published about the event. According to McKubre, there was only one journalist present.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hmm, maybe I will look into this subject more. I have already created a perpetual energy generator...

To quote Homer Simpson...
" In this house we obey the laws of Thermodynamics!"

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Anything that claims a fusion reaction at low temperatures is not fusion plain and simple, the is Sonofusion however allthough there is a dispute just what is actually going on in the collapsing bubbles. Here is another site that has alot of interesting experiments that "Claim to be coldfusion" but are somthing else, they work though whatever it is they are doing.

jnaudin.free.fr...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Whatever happened to Bogdan Maglich's Migma project and his "Aneutronic Fusion"? That seemed to have great promise, so much in fact that the Air Force was funding him so they could build aircraft based on his technology.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
Whatever happened to Bogdan Maglich's Migma project and his "Aneutronic Fusion"? That seemed to have great promise, so much in fact that the Air Force was funding him so they could build aircraft based on his technology.

Hmm I could't find much on Aneutronic Fusion, nothing in Omni either because that is apparently where it originated. This smells of a current black project.

I found this link about fusion rockets that mentionens that it may be usefull for that purpose.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join