It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What ever happend to cold fusion werent scientists close to creating the cold fusion reactor?? I would be great if anyone had any info on this!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www.macromedia.com...

This is the best we have for now.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Fusion is already more then 10 years possible but due to "economical reasons" it is still not commercially available
I will try to post some more info later.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
William, you are such the geek, aren't you?

How many pocket protectors do you own?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Silly Science (none of this stuff works, but go ahead and try it if you like... because it doesn't work, it's safe.. well, it's not safe on your wallet if you INVEST in it, but that's your worry.): www.crank.net...

Oak Ridge (not the singing group; the ones at Oak Ridge National Laboratory) said they had something last year, but Lawrence-Livermore and other labs said they were just kidding themselves and other reports from Oak Ridge say that the original data was frankly faked. Subsequent investigations seem to indicate that LL was right: www.sciencenews.org...

That's the most recent and reliable information. Remember that the folks on the Crank.Net pages really haven't done the homework, done the math, done the experiments (in spite of the equipment they show) or proven it (hooked up a generator to the device with NO wires coming in and brought everyone including scientists in to show them a working cold fusion device.)

They'd particularly avoid bringing in people like my son to look at it. He's a Navy nuclear power technician. He could spot a cheap fraud in a second.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I should point out that the VALID experiments produced no more than a few "probable" fusions:
www.padrak.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hey Byrd, ever heard of the words: Tokamak reactor and iter.
I think that that is the future of fusion.
The ONLY reason why we dont have fusion right now is because their isnt a major research project (like the manhattan project) going on.
The reason for this is becausse the world is addicted to fossil fuel and nuclear power and that the money that plays along with this makes politicians vote no against fusion research and the construction of a major fursion reactor like iter.
Pump enough money into it and you will see a fusion powered world in a time span of 5 years.
They say a frog cant notice slow temparture changes its only wenn it senses a major and sudden temp. change that it gives off a reaction.
I guess human civilization is like that. It will only be wenn the fossil fuels are depleted that the governments of the world will embrace fusion power.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well for sure untill be run out of fossil fuels this type of tech wont go public but why not i mean we still need oil to produce plastics and other matierials. Oh well but i read one of the theories on Cold Fusion is to use Deuterium and ditideruem ( is that anti matter) dosent that create a matter anit mater reactor which results in a huge blast of engery with the only bi-product WATER.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Actually I'm at an institute for Plasma Physics, and I can tell you some good news: ITER is getting funded because Dubja is sick and tired of having to put out the fire in the middle east. He actually want to be independent of the rest of the world in terms of energy. The biggest industrial nations are now fighting over where it should be, and who is going to get which subcontract.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow1
Hey Byrd, ever heard of the words: Tokamak reactor and iter.

Well, yes... but that's not really cold fusion... and they were asking about "cold fusion."

Here's a link to the Princeton Tokamak reactor:
www.pppl.gov...

...and a link to the joint US-Korean KSTAR (Korean Superconducting Tokamak Reactor) www.pppl.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I thought cold fusion was a plug in for winamp...

I saw somewhere else were it was told that those two scientist failed...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I dont know if it is cold fusion or not Byrd but hey, its fusion and it looks like we can actually harness this power.
The realisation of fusion is closer then what the world has been led to believe!

Hey Devils advocate, The decision where to build ITER should have been made in april but i still dont know if a decision has even been made.
France, Spain, Canada and Japan have proposed construction sites.
China and the Usa have agreed to cooperate and each country wants to pay 10% of the costs.

So what is the roadmap for fusion? (The conventional way)
-In 10 years ITER is complete. (5 billion dollars)
-In 25 years a demonstrationreactor for commercial use is complete.
-In 40 years a prototype.
-In 50 years fusion is available.
Much to long if you ask me!

A good book about fusion which i'm going to buy soon: by C.M. Braams and P.E. Stott
Nuclear Fusion - Half a century magnetic confinement fusion research
isbn: 0750307056

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   
HEHH!!

I know the author, he's from our institute.

It's true that at this point no site has been chosen. The EU are going to propose just 1 site to the ITER collaberation and currently there are two, one in Spain and one in France(Which one do you think Dubja is going to chose??
:puz
. I think that should happen within a few months, and it's not really a problem because all groups participating are currently in the design phase. Fusion in 50 years is actually not that bad, I mean solar energy has been around for that long, and still it doesn't seem to catch on.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe I will look into this subject more. I have already created a perpetual energy generator (which I nicknamed Peggy) which in theory would produce 5 volts of electricity. Unfortunately the result was a device that produced about 1.5 volts then flew to pieces. I've put it on a back shelf and haven't touched it since.

Perhaps though, I will study the effects of electromagnets, and magnets on water. Perhaps I might be able to do something wierd...

Isn't cold fusion just getting energy from the fusion of water molecules? If so, why not just compress the water until it is extremely dense, then push it further? Or if I'm way off, please explain what cold fusion is. In the meantime, I'm getting out my Peggy... that sounded bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you go. I didnt even have venture off the site.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
eagle i think you may have been refering to heavy water not cold fusion...cold fusion involves no waste..
or you may have been talking about hydrogen...
i dont know

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Devils Advocate, you work at the FEM institute in Nieuwegein? I went to the open day for FEM a few times. It was really cool, you could see a prototype reactor and hear lectures.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yup that's where I am/was (Moving on!)

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
See below, cannot delete this posting.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Repudiations of "cold fusion," are "politics," not science. It is "official science," or "pseudo science," to suggest that matters of inquiry and experimentation to find what is happening in a positive energy flow are "terminated." There are many examples during the past 100 years when the task of invention yielded such affirmative results that the corporate monopoly culture went into suppression mode.

Think for example how science is being twisted by politics, where intelligence is used as "authorization," rather than it's objective appraisal of reality in order to make leadership decisions.

Our world has a great problem with what is and what is not. Apparently fools persist in their folly until we become wise. Science is no exception, where models and paradigms coexist. In the case of the cold fusion paradigm, coexistence is not possible with the politics of fusion funding which is for the most part "hot fusion."

For these reasons, inventions best proceed from garages, but only with a prepared advantage of armies of attorneys to make sure "politics," does not overwhelm actual reality. I am sure that pro bono services should be in high demand on this score. You know the old story, Gallileo, inquisitions, and the fundamental case of control through so called leaders "defining reality." Politics is so rampant historically with lies, that after a generation or so, people revert to their own direct observations, and that is why history in its accurate picture is a laughingstock.

Sadly the present situation demands narrow and parochial views, suspended by mass media presumptions of what constitutes "reality." Anything but reality is the order of the day under the forceful manipulation of what we are "supposed to believe."

As a graduate Future Studies major, I envision transitions to a better world within brief course corrections to produce a far less difficult but rewarding civilization. Current fixed views on things such as cold fusion are a downfall by political interference with the quest for truth. The quest to prove invention under difficult special interest "containment," is a hard problem historically.

Suppression of the natural development of science is probably the greatest disservice we get from our sometimes overly punative government. It seems only once a century there is a leader who obtains actual power, not the current counterfeit power, and effects positive change. JFK said problems may not be completely solved, but "let us begin." I am confident that many problems could be solved with proper communication of actual science, with functionalist vision, and thoughtful dialogue. It would take only a few years, not a lifetime, were it not for an elite that cares nothing about the general population except for some domination game.

Contraindications to ongoing cold fusion research are nothing but propaganda from selfish and blind monopolies.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by SkipShipman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join