It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Van Allen described moon landings as "the greatest television show"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter
Why don't you tell us the story about how you saw it live? You watched it on TV right? You didn't actually witness anything but a TV screen.

Watch "The Dish", en.wikipedia.org... you will learn something.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

I saw it live, it was great.

Why don't you tell us the story about how you saw it live? You watched it on TV right? You didn't actually witness anything but a TV screen.

What's the point of you saying that? You keep saying you aren't talking about a hoax .. and then everything you say is saying "hoax". Get your story straight.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why do you ignore the facts?

I'm trying to give you some facts... but there seems to be a great resistance by you and others in accepting facts into the narrative! The Van Allen TV remarks are from November 1970.

If we are to believe that James Van Allen has any credibility at all we must also consider that his remarks November 1970 are not associated with "hoax believers" so we can lay that false flag argument down and bury it in the moderator's discretionary authority. Seriously, Van allen meant what he said about moon landings and television. Van Allen is a critic of NASA and he is a credible source.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
James Van Allen did not say anything about a hoax.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Watch "The Dish", en.wikipedia.org... you will learn something.

No, I asked you to tell us the story about HOW YOU SAW IT LIVE.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Why do you ignore the facts?

I'm trying to give you some facts... but there seems to be a great resistance by you and others in accepting facts into the narrative! The Van Allen TV remarks are from November 1970.

Point? Were they not on TV yet? I have no clue what your point is. They were on TV at this point and one of if not the most watched television broadcast. It was a great television show, people loved it.

If we are to believe that James Van Allen has any credibility at all we must also consider that his remarks November 1970 are not associated with "hoax believers" so we can lay that false flag argument down and bury it in the moderator's discretionary authority. Seriously, Van allen meant what he said about moon landings and television. Van Allen is a critic of NASA and he is a credible source.

Of course he did. Everyone but you agrees. He said it was great tv .. it was. He said we have a costly manned program and we should stop putting men on the moon. He was right. He said we should put science above TV ratings. I agree with him.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I'm trying to give you some facts

The facts are Van Allen said man landed on the moon - and as we all know, man landing on the moon is a fact!

but there seems to be a great resistance by you and others in accepting facts into the narrative! The Van Allen TV remarks are from November 1970.

you mean the fact Van Allen said man landed on the moon? Or that the factual moon landing was a great TV show?
Or the fact that you are very confused?

Seriously, Van allen meant what he said about moon landings

You mean he meant it when he said man landed on the moon!

Van Allen is a critic of NASA and he is a credible source.

We know he is a credible source, so when he said man landed on the moon that was a factual statement!

You seem to be going in circles, you really are very confused.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Why should he, as he knows man landed on the moon!

edit on 18-7-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Why should he, as he knows man landed on the moon!

/thread

No idea what OP is even trying to say. If it's not in support of it being a hoax what the heck is the point of the thread?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I think there some some people out there trying to turn this thread into a moon hoax thread. This is one of those moments that might get lost in history...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

No, there are people completely confused by what you are trying to say. The man did not want great TV, he wanted great science. He said we need to stop sending people to the moon, we can do so much more for even less money if only we were after great discoveries, not great TV. He was absolutely criticizing NASA.

I think there some some people out there trying to turn this thread into a moon hoax thread.

So then that means you agree Van Allen was saying we went to the Moon?

The only one lost is you.
edit on 18-7-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

This is one of those moments that might get lost in history...

What moment?

Oh, you mean the moment when you shot yourself in the foot by posting a credible source that stated man landed on the moon!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

So he is saying the program was real, men went to the moon.

This thread is about source material and quotation marks, if you make a claim you have to back it up.

I will sell you some bullet proof boots after this howler re the Van Allen quote you need them!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

if this is not a moon hoax thread - then what the hell is it ?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if this is not a moon hoax thread - then what the hell is it ?

A threads on

"How to Shoot Yourself in The Foot"!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm all for interesting, intelligent discussions, even when there is some misunderstanding/errors/lack of knowledge invovled (on any side of the participants), as long as there is at least some coherence and clarity of what is being discussed. I don't see any coherence or clarity in this (or most other of SJ's) thread.

It's like you're being asked a seemigly simple and straightforward question, but that question is loaded with covert meaning or agenda, and the asker isn't letting you in on what he means by posing that question. It seems the OP has already decided what the subject of this thread is all about, and we're just left flopping about trying to make sense of that.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think this has run it's course...

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join