It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stories from a Lucid Dreamer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'rs

I've decided to start posting descriptions of my dreams, as they are vivid, and I tend to remember every detail.

I will start with the dream I had last night. A lot of the times my dreams are abstract and kinda weird, but ever more frequent my dreams are more and more .. well normal but seem very real. I will finish this introduction with adding that I do not do drugs or any other type of mind/body altering substances. I do meditate often and do not watch TV or listen to the radio. I'm a 32 year old, healthy individual.

I remember opening my eyes.. I was on the floor of a space craft in above Earth, however, we were not in orbit distance. Not so far that the Earth was tiny, but far enough I could see the whole earth.. Now, I say we, because there was a 'Alien' with me. I am sure that this being was not human.. although it looked human.How do I know? I can not say other than I just knew. So I will refer to it as an 'Alien'

The ship I was in was big and a disk shaped... at least round looking from the inside. There was a large rectangular viewing window I was looking out of. This ship was big enough in size the walls seemed to curve very little in a circular shape. There was a bright light in the center.. so bright I could no see the other side of the ship.

While I stood looking out of the window, this 'Alien' was telling me the history of the Earth; Creation of the Earth...Impacts..Dinos..Etc. While I remember being with this Alien, I can recall not really caring what it was saying because I was in awe about being in space. It was only until I heard it talking about a race of Alien that has been, and still is on Earth. I believe it referred to them as the: Ingvakt or Invarkt..Something like that. This would not be the only time I have had a dream like this.

I hope you enjoyed this short dream recap. I will post some of my past dreams in the days to come.

Always stay up! Always Look up!
edit on 16-7-2015 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2015 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

I haven't had a lucid dream in 15 years. Mine were always peaceful and nature centered. Interesting dream, enjoy them.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They're fun. I often have very lucid dreams involving aliens. I say lucid as in very vibrant, complex, and having awareness with cognitive functions present the same as when conscious. I was trying to explain it to a guy at the bar the other day, and he tuned out when I said I could remain in the dream state while retaining logical capacities. He couldn't do it, said it always woke him up when he realized it was a dream. His words were, "well that's when you're using your active brain". He seemed quite a bit more dull after that moment, so I played a bit dumb to keep the peace. So sad many are not able to do this as well.

So the teaching bit.. that happens. In general, the more vibrant, the more complex, and if you allow the dreamscape to organize from your subconscious, then there will be knowledge and lessons to be learned. Often times, it's like a video game for me. I have to face symbolic fears which, as far as I can tell, relate to unlocking more conscious awareness in waking reality. After I have conquered the fear, and leveled up, the dream will no longer reoccur, and I will advance to the next fear. This happened as a child, and into early adulthood. I still have vivid experiences, but no longer are there lessons. I'm aware what's left is to experience, enjoy, and share.

Strange writings for an agnostic leaning atheist, eh? Trust me, I could actually begin to explain this from an evolutionary standpoint, as cultural phenomena, if bothered to ( I won't be anytime soon).

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I used to have a reoccurring dream where I was in a dark space.. with a pipe maze/jungle gym. I would be flipping around the pipes like a gymnast..trying to escape a dark force that was chasing me. Every time, it would catch me.. thus the dream starting over and it would close on me quicker and quicker. At some point I would start chasing it.. Very odd.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Dark force maybe ignorance, jungle gym is perhaps logic. You are flowing between the logic with your intuition/instinct to escape ignorance.

Very nice.

The last nightmare with scary creature I had was a very long time ago. I am fully cognizant of the ability to morph any creature at will, or simply ignore them.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I enjoyed lucid dreams throughout my 20s and 30s, until medications prescribed seemed to affect the clarity and emotions associated with said dreams. Prophetic dreams, which occurred on a random basis seemed to cease as well. It wasn't till I found homeopathic alternatives to these medications that they resumed.

The dream that provided unadulterated terror in me was one that had me in my childhood bedroom, tucked in and near the cusp of sleep. A brilliant light with low bass reverberation felt in my body emanated from the lone window in my room, and I was unable to get out of the bed. The light and sound elevates until I feel like my eyes will burst along with my eardrums, but it's the utter silence, and cringing fear of an ominous presence that comes next. As I am about to see what that presence is, the dream always ends abruptly, leaving me bolt upright in my present bed, gasping for breath. I feel tears on my face, and my hands are balled with my arms in a defensive posture.

I almost ditched the natural medicines to avoid this reoccurring nightmare, for it takes a toll on me physically as I get older. All in all, pretty bizarre.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thats a very interesting dream to say the least.

Lucid dreaming is amazing. It is interesting how someone mentioned they had to conquer their fears each time they had a lucid dream.

As a kid i used to have only nightmares. Every night i would have a dream some monster is attacking me, or a witch is attacking me, or something is attacking me. I would realize I'm dreaming and just wake myself up.

I told my mom about my nightmares and she told me that if I knew I was dreaming I could control the dream. That night i went to bed, i realized i was dreaming and i thought hey i want to fly. A red balloon floated towards me and I grabbed on and let it lift me into the clouds. I got really excited and woke up.

From then on every one of my nightmares became a challenge to beat some monster or whatever scary lucid dream I was having. Eventually i stopped having nightmares and only good dreams about flying and experimenting what I can do in lucid dreams.

It is amazing what you can do in a lucid dream, your own imagination is the limit.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Very nice guys! I am currently at work, but later when I get off, im going to continue my chronicles.

The next dream of my past will be the dream I had where I died and heard gods voice.

.... It has a comical twist!

edit on 17-7-2015 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oh I love my lucid dreams. I love that I can control everything I do in them. I've learned to control fears finally in my nightmares the last year. My that's so helpful. Nightmares were very rare but never good as they were vivid and as lucid as every other one. Ohh and as a child I could even control at times what others would do in my dreams. That was fun

But I've never dreamt of aliens. Probably everything but that. I wonder why

top topics

join