It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video.. cop face plants handcuffed teenage girl

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The other officer appears to be getting into position to restrain the arrested's feet.

ETA: I'm not trying to directly defend the officer here. I'm simply pointing out that the playback speed manipulation does the argument against him no favors.

It's video footage, and the quality is not great in FPS, but I think it's enough to show over aggression on the part of the officer.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Would sure be nice if the video wasn't sped up to make the slam appear more dramatic! Nothing like taking a potentially valid point and manipulating it in a manner that raises questions to it's actual impact.

It also slows the whole thing down.. And IMO it looks just as bad in super slo-mo as it did sped up..

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

I think we need a better angle. If she landed that kick where it appears she did, I think she deserved every bit of it.

ETA: if that were a man this would not have gotten any attention

Because balls are so special that any injury to them justifies any force in response.

He could have killed her.

But you know... His MANHOOOOOD!!! OH NOOOOOS! And everybody knows that that hurts so much that any man will lose self control. Stupid B***H. Shoulda known better. Everybody knows that men have no self control in that circumstance. Give me a friggin' break.

I don't care if she landed it, he was out of line. I don't care if she had been a he, the cop was off his rails manhandling someone half his size like that.

Period. Done.

I hope she nailed him and he can't breed anymore. Get that crap outta the gene pool.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Can't fathom the thinking of what these big bad authority figures types think when they attack a young woman. When I was young I had seen similar, happy it was only, threats of abuse on other teens when they weren't complying to police orders.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Sped up/slowed down, same difference in regards to "playing tricks" with human eye perception. Our eyes are attuned to watching the world in reality speed, not 1/2 speed or 1.5x speed. Anything manipulated in this way distorts our perception.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Thank you!!! I have got a pair myself, been kicked there more than once by people my size and age. Never would i react by trying to kill the girl!
And that is what this is. Fools arguing about the video being sped up so what? He airlifted her and re made.contact first using her face to ground..

It could have made her brain dead at the LEAST. For a damn half assed kicked. Shame on you posters excusing this if she made contact. You are no man.

As a Colorado Springs tax payer, I am furious to see this on the local news...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

There is no end to police brutality until people STAND UP AGAINST IT!. Where are they?????? Those locally should be engaged and active. Too bad they're drinking latte's and having barbeques. Guess that's where it's at!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Here's a picture from the local Denver CBS affiliate:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have taken down people in handcuffs in a similar fashion. However, they were a lot bigger than her and either trying to headbutt or bite me.

Yeah, she did try to kick him, but that was too much on his part.

She was cuffed, and in the chair before he slammed her.

I think a better way of responding to her kick would have been to;

A. Back away. If she gets up and comes after you, reassess the situation.

or

B. He could of side stepped and grabbed her arm to keep her under control. From there he could of transitioned to a rear bear hug. If she continued to fight, reassess the situation.

I think he escalated force too quickly.

Shame.

edit on 17-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
You know what I'm really getting tired of seeing the crap the bad cops pull. I would bet $1000 if a citizen had got to that cop before the other cops came. No Jury would've found him/her guilty of a crime for attempting to protect that young lady . The citizen would probably get their ass beat but I don't think any jury would convict them .

Or just three shots to the chest. After all, he is an armed perpetrator attempting murder. That's what a cop would do.

Even at this point, there is sufficient evidence for a group of civic minded individuals to perform a citizen's arrest on this officer. When he attempts to resist arrest, treat him the way cops would treat any armed perp trying to resist arrest.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

There is no end to police brutality until people STAND UP AGAINST IT!. Where are they?????? Those locally should be engaged and active. Too bad they're drinking latte's and having barbeques. Guess that's where it's at!

Wouldn't it be nice if the mass media gave this as much attention as they give to a damned flag? Wouldn't it be nice if state legislatures put as much time and effort into addressing police brutality as they do in making sure their state flag is PC? Wouldn't it be nice if the people campaigning for public office made police brutality as much an issue as they do things like abortion, gay marriage, and illegal immigration? Wouldn't it be nice if TVLand dropped all their cops and robbers shows, so as not to offend all the victims of police brutality?

Wouldn't it be nice if there were as many "reality" shows that dealt with police brutality as there are dealing with "alternative lifestyles?"
edit on 17-7-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Posting in alienjuggalo's daily cop demonization, outrage thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Pictures on the internet with her teeth knocked out. She really needs to sue for 50+ million so governments take a hardline to abuse of teenagers by members representing the government whom are suppose to serve, not abuse the public.

She needs to sue for a reasonable amount. The taxpayers pick up the tab for every rabid cop's actions. He needs to go to jail for felony assault, possibly attempted murder.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Comparing your response to TorqueyThePig's, who's opinion is particularly qualified in the topic, I would say that the thread is warranted.

As to the OP the many examples of official overreach which includes everything from violence such as this to the intrusiveness of the NSA are indicative that the problem is systemic.

We are living in the Stanford Prison Experiment writ large.

What is to be done?

Certainly more than what amounts to flinging dung at someone pointing out symptoms of a much larger problem.
edit on 17-7-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Dang, I thought you were talking about this incident...

Never-mind, this is a new one. Man, those are some tuff guys.

the op's video to me it didn't look as though her leg made contact with the leo at all 18 seconds in...but this video is just crazy
2:03 he guided her to the ground?..what an understatement

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

This one seriously needs it own thread if it is not one already...post it.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Wow, that's just brutal. Are they trying to see if they can kill us by face slams to the ground? It must be some sick game they play and I even know they laugh about it as a way to not feel remorse.
Even the OP's video shows the police to use excessive force imo and I hope we see some actual activism to stop this madness.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

This is what "policing" has become. Complete and total subservience is demanded of everyone. If you don't "show respect" or comply with an officer's commands in a timely manner- and in a manner deemed acceptable by the officer- you have opened yourself to massive physical assault and forfeiture of your life.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

It's the job of the police to use digression. he wasn't in danger and she was hardly resisting. The kick regardless of contact is meaningless. His reaction was appalling. Counselors in juvenile detention centers and programs would fire an employee immediately if they reacted like that and I've seen it happen. It is his job to be rational and put his emotions aside. He is, after all, both the adult and authority in this situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Posting in alienjuggalo's daily cop demonization, outrage thread.

I think the word you are looking for is "Trolling" the thread and might i add you are quite good at it you should be proud....

On topic....I am amazed how the officer just escalated the violence so quickly,he just raged... and that is why they get lumped into the steroid basket because the way we see some of these officers attack is pure uncontrolled rage....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join