It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychics -Is this proof they are genuine? or something more sinister?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

What I gave you was a compilation. I didn't say they were handpicked to confirm or debunk anything.

Conclusions: EGG activity increases in response to the emotions of a distant person, beyond the influence
of ordinary sensory interactions. Relationships commonly reported between gut feelings and intuitive hunches
may share a common, poorly understood, perceptive origin.

The overall results summarized in Figure 1 show that Jaytee was at the window
far more when P.S. was on her way home than during the main period of
her absence. When all Jaytee's visits to the window were included in the analysis
(Figure 1A), he was at the window for an average of 55Vo of the time during
the first 10 minutes of P.S.'s return journey, as opposed to 4Vo of the time during
the main period of P.S.'s absence. During the l0-minute prereturn period
he was at the window 237o of the time. These differences were highly significant
statistically (repeated-measures ANOVA, F value ldf 2, 221 - 20.46

These were two I just looked at randomly (the titles sounded cool). Note the differences of the studies with no significant results and ones that show substantial ones. They are testing for different things. There is no overall "psychic test" but an array of scenarios to statistically test. There are many of these tests that statistics cannot account for which is why scientists even conduct studies on it in the first place.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
Funny how none of the fake "psychics" are able to win the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge - which they could easily win if they were really psychics!

Funny how none of the "psychics" anywhere (including here at ATS) are able to win it, when it's sitting right there for the first person who can demonstrate actual psychic ability. Even funnier (and sadder) that people still believe said "psychics".

There's one born every minute...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Yes, there are very good psychics out there,
however, when it comes to TV,
from what I have learned,
most of it is half truth.
They will take psychics, and turn them into super psychics for the sake of good ratings.

That doesn't mean they are not real, just not nearly as good as they are made to seem on air.
I am speaking with some experience, both as a psychic, and as someone who worked for a famous psychic who had a tv show,some successful mini series, and a movie. All of which he co produced to keep things from being turned into things they are not, because that is what TV is all about....getting ratings.

SO take the shows with caution, but enjoy them, just keep in mind that chances are, you are not seeing quite how it went down, although close. They just have to make things more exciting.
With detective shows though, I don't know.

But those who say it is all fake,
it's not, although probably embellished somewhat for the sake of ratings.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Funny how none of the "psychics" anywhere (including here at ATS) are able to win it, when it's sitting right there for the first person who can demonstrate actual psychic ability. Even funnier (and sadder) that people still believe said "psychics".

Also it is so easy for them to win it - all they have to do to win it is to demonstrate what they claim they can do!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

You'd think with all those claiming to be "psychic", they'd be turning out in droves trying to claim that reward...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Also it is so easy for them to win it - all they have to do to win it is to demonstrate what they claim they can do!

Most people with ability don't claim to do what Randi is asking for. For example, spiritually-driven events or phenomenon is not something he accepts because it can't be tested. This rules out most diviners (Tarot readers, etc), most healers (pain relief through energy work is anecdotal), and various other abilities.

This means that large swath of people who would normally be labeled as "psychic" are not really even relevant to his testing. James Randi is mainly looking for people who can bend spoons, telekinetic, etc. Like The Last Airbender Matrix Uri Geller types. It's not applicable to most people who would be interested in joining and he readily acknowledges this.

If he would give me a million dollars for giving him his future that could be verified in a year, he would not give me a million dollars because it does not satisfy the scientific method nor could it. I get that. If he broke his arm and I was able to mitigate the pain without touching him, even if he admitted it, it still would not pass the scientific method.

His contest cannot prove or disprove the existence of psychic phenomenon. All it can do is verify if particular instances can satisfy his use of the scientific method. That's the same logic applied to looking for alien life only as carbon lifeforms. It doesn't paint an accurate picture.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

It's television. It's scripted.

No, it is your own mind which is self scripting you to ignore things which are inconvenient to your philosophy, or lack thereof. You don't want certain things to be real, because if they are, that opens up new cans of worms that you would have to deal with.

No one can tell me a lie without me knowing it. I am empathic, even on the internet..

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I just figured he is there to expose frauds,
and if you are not a fraud, there is no need to apply.

But that is just what I think.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Uh, no, it's scripted.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: Cuervo

I just figured he is there to expose frauds,
and if you are not a fraud, there is no need to apply.

But that is just what I think.

Yeah, he's not without his uses. In fact, if he positioned his challenge differently, I would support his cause. The problem is that people look to his challenge as a de-facto piece of evidence that there is no such thing as psychic phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
Most people with ability don't claim to do what Randi is asking for.

All Randi is asking for is that they demonstrate what they claim to do - why is that so difficult?

James Randi is mainly looking for people who can bend spoons, telekinetic, etc.

Have you even bothered to read the challenge - as that is NOT what he is looking for, so why claim it is?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
Most people with ability don't claim to do what Randi is asking for.

All Randi is asking for is that they demonstrate what they claim to do - why is that so difficult?

James Randi is mainly looking for people who can bend spoons, telekinetic, etc.

Have you even bothered to read the challenge - as that is NOT what he is looking for, so why claim it is?

Have you looked at it? He lays out the nature of the challenge and talks about why it would exclude most people who would otherwise want to attempt it. It's on his website.

And I don't blame him. The way he tests the challengers wouldn't really apply or make sense for a lot of people. Like the example I gave, most divination isn't something that can be tested with strict expected outcomes and takes time to confirm. Most healing is anecdotal. These are just two types that would never make it past his preliminary screening.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It has always been my opinion that true "psychics" don't sell their gifts, and it disgusts me that some choose to do just that.

As a person with psychic abilities, I have kept the knowledge of my actual abilities to the select few who actually know the real me.

I've never seen the point in demonstrating anything for anyone because what I know is my own, and those who sell their abilities are a bunch of sell outs

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I've seen the sell out thing.
I almost feel that way about the guy I volunteered for.

I can't imagine paying 400 bucks for 15 minutes.
That actually made me mad for a while...

But, people pay it, pay for entire cruises to get readings.
Crazy.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yeah no doubt, it's like for instance my tarot deck and I are so "in tune" that I draw the most accurate predictions/wisdom that the person needs to know.

I've never once charged anyone a penny for my readings and yet there are people out there faking it and getting paid the money I wish I was making if only I could just be a sell out like them I guess

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The guy I was working for wasn't a fake, I know that for certain, or I would of never worked for him, but just seems in the long run that money tends to do that to a person.

After all, it is the root of all evil....

lol

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I don't think money is the root of all evil, greed is the root of all evil.

It's not like if, say I won the lotto, or had a lot of money that I wouldn't have the choice to be greedy..but that's the choice we all have to make.

I've gone from being successful to losing everything, and believe me when I say that greed is the root of all evil.

Those people that were your "friends" or those women who "loved you" don't tend to come around when your broke ass, thankfully I guess I was born with psychic abilities smh not like it's useful for anything.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Good point,a greed.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Yeah no doubt, it's like for instance my tarot deck and I are so "in tune" that I draw the most accurate predictions/wisdom that the person needs to know.

I've never once charged anyone a penny for my readings and yet there are people out there faking it and getting paid the money I wish I was making if only I could just be a sell out like them I guess

I worked for a firm reading for their international clients. I was paid decently and slept well at night. When reading for non-assigned clients, I would never demand money but I would accept it if offered. It was always offered.

The reason I don't hesitate nor have scruples with it is because it is a talent, a skill, and maybe a gift. I don't expect musicians, sculptors, or painters to ply their talents for me for free. I've also been a musician and I would make the biggest no-no of them all: offer to play for free at clubs. It sends a signal that you have no value and that you aren't worth thanking.

I'll read for anybody who is lost and in need, regardless of their ability to pay, as long as they seem to understand what they are really getting and realize its worth. It's time put in and the result of lots and lots of learning, studying, and practice. People who understand will want to reward you for it and it's no different than any other gift.

The only reason I mention it is because you say you are talented yet won't accept any tangible gratitude. Maybe if you view your talents in the perspective of all the other talents out there that deserve recognition, you may feel different. Valuing your own time is not "selling out". If that were the case, anybody with any job anywhere is also "selling out".

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

It has always been my opinion that true "psychics" don't sell their gifts, and it disgusts me that some choose to do just that.

As a person with psychic abilities, I have kept the knowledge of my actual abilities to the select few who actually know the real me.

I've never seen the point in demonstrating anything for anyone because what I know is my own, and those who sell their abilities are a bunch of sell outs

I think you are right to not go the path of money.

I have played around testing the level of Psychics abilities to see the level of what they know so I could understand the ability better and notice if there was limitations between the sender and receiver and how the information is translated in the conscious mind.

It is kind of fun that a medium can sometimes give information in words that mean specific things without themselves really understanding the context of the real meaning.

I also had the assumption that people with the gift would be sensitive to knowing if someone was in energetic body state (by pushing Reiki for instance) in their presence. I was proven wrong at least on the psychics that I have tested. Aura/energy awareness seem to be more rare ability.
edit on 17-7-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join