It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid self inflicted injuries. Share you stupidity.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: chr0naut

Haha, washing the wounds with antiseptic and sealing them with cling film until I took myself to hospital was the only thing I did that wasn't stupid that weekend!
Oh, and the replacement window glaze cost me £200 to get made, but I fitted it myself with the assistance of a mate because I only had one working hand lol
At least my hospital treatment was free at the point of need, thank you again NHS

...off-topic, it is good to converse with you in a different thread to one we have crossed swords in fella. Just because I disagree in one topic doesn't mean I have any problem enjoying discussion about something different. I wish more members could separate their debates from their emotions regarding the person.
I put you in the class of an interesting ATS debater who is impressively like a dog with a bone regarding your particular subject. You are not an emotive facebook style poster as far as I see so even when we disagree, I enjoy reading your arguments.

Thanks, I do enjoy real debate, but I'm also guilty of the 'drive-by' quip at times (I'll never be a patch on the skills of Boymonkey in that regard, though).

Happy to agree to disagree.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: YouPeople

You just reminded me of something that happened a few years ago.

I was fishing with a good friend of mine and he loaded up his bait catapult to shoot some bait over his hook, We are unsure how but he managed to let go of the handle and fired his catapult into the middle of the lake never to be seen again

About a month later I was at a car boot sale and saw a bait catapult for a few quid and bought it for him to replace the one he so stupidly lost.

I went to see him and after entering the house his wife said he was in the garden and that she would bring us all some beers out.

Out I went and gave him the catapult, he was eleated as was an older model of the one he wanted to buy if the kids stopped costing so much money and the car did not break down again ect.

He took the catapult, popped in a small stone and proceeded to pull it back to full stretch and placed it right to his eye to take aim at a nearby tree.

Maybe it was faulty, maybe it was old but the thing snappped and both rubbers hit him smack in the eye at full speed.

Here's the thing. It hurt him so much that he fell to the floor clutching his face rolling about but was unable to make any noise due to the severity of the pain.

I found it so funny I was unable to laugh or stand and also unable to make a sound the laughter was so intense, I started to cry and also had to lie on the floor and hold my head wiping the tears.

His wife came out with some cold beers and could not understand why we were both rolling around on the floor clutching our faces, thought there must have been some sort of bee attack, dropped the beers and ran inside locking the door behind her.

This must have been about eight years ago and my friend still talks about how much it hurt.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I have had a bad encounter with a catapult when I was a stupid kid..
Black widow,holding it wrong-marble in the sling,shot myself straight in the nuts with a close ricochet.
Almost physics defying,but I managed it.
Most men have experienced that pain-a sort of brain splitting headache,but in the nuts with added feeling of wanting to puke but can't.

Taught me how to use a catapult correctly,thats for sure.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When I was a kid I was messing around with my sister in the rain, she suggested I try to jump this stupid pole, so I agreed, ran up to it jumped and then everything else was a blur I must have passed outz, woke up with my leg behind my back. The pain .... God I can't even describe, my dad picked me up tried carrying me inside and somehow managed to put all my weight on my leg (by accident of course) then realised once I was inside how bad it was, my leg tripled in size and was a weird shape, looked awful.

Spent 3 months in hospital laid on my back then a fair bit in a wheelchair and crutches afterwards, it was at that time I became a fat kid lol

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was moving house about 10 years ago and i was all but done,it was a massive day of moving and as i was shutting the garage door i spotted two hedgecutting machines on the rafters of the roof,so i decided to grab them down and in my stupidity i reefed the first machine and that sent them both down onto my head...

I just had time to move my head to the side and copped it on the ear,i almost lost a section of cartilage that was just hanging down,i ended up with 5 stitches on the inner of my ear ....damn that hurt...i could feel and hear everything.....stupid 5/10...pain 8/10

I still cringe to this day thinking about the sound of those needles piercing inside my ear....

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
When I (thought I) had learned to ride a bike, I forgot how to break. I was going down a slight incline in my neighborhood, kept peddling forward, ever forward, but it wouldn't stop! So I attempted to use my bare feet to stop.... Didn't work. I ended up crossing a rather busy threw street and face planting into a (thank goodness) parked car.

I didn't ride a bike again for a while, but I haven't forgotten how to break since then!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Lego .

Insert story here -----------> .

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I was using my gerber folding knife to open one of those evil hard plastic packages that are impossible to open. (can opener trick never worked for me) My daughter let out a blood curdling scream because her brother did something to make her mad. I thought it was a life or death situation the way she screamed and I jumped to my feet fast. The knife however went right through the meaty part of my palm right by my thumb.

It was the darn needle they used to numb me up for stitches that hurt. I must have damaged nerves because I have a numb spot there to this day. I lost that knife and it bums me out, it was a great knife, very sharp.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Choked on a piece of steak...could breathe ok, but couldn't swallow. Needed to be put under and have it removed.

Years later (just recently), did the same thing with a piece of chicken. Same deal. Really kind of put a damper on my wife and I's romantic weekend getaway. (we ended up just staying another night to make up for it).

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
When I was 8, I was in the creek with my friend Brian, lifted a rock as I was looking for crawfish, and I found one under the rock, and accidentally dropped the rock on my thumb, smashed it, needed stitches the first and only time.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I've thought of another one, but the type you'd see in a lame comedy film.
I was 18 or 19 walking through town and spotted a couple of fit girls on the other side of the road. I made eye contact with one and we exchanged cheeky smiles as we passed, then turned round, face smack off a sign post and falling onto my back.
I glanced that they were laughing when I got up so tried to pretend it didn't hurt or that anything just happened lol

Pain: 5/10
Stupidity: 5/10 (She was gorgeous)
Shame level: 10/10

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Further to my earlier post about the number of times I've hurt my head:

I was outside today putting out some bread for the local wildlife and just happened to be standing under an oak tree as it decided to shed a couple of acorns.

The first one missed - phew. A split second later the second one, falling at about 100mph landed splat!, right on top of my head. Slightly forward of centre.

It bloody hurt and left me feeling slightly not well. Now, a couple of hours later, I'm feeling slightly sick and wondering if I'm concussed.

Imagine the indignity of suffering a concussion caused by a sodding acorn

Pain: well, 9 1/2

Stupidity: Dunno, I mean, I know the oak trees are shedding acorns but who knew they were such a good shot?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Your Funny!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've had quite a few. Where to begin...

I was 4 and dropped my book (Poky Little Puppy) and it landed in a heating vent. I went to get my mom to get it out. She wasn't having it. "Get out of my face. Get to your room." I go back and decide to get it out on my own. I get the cover off and lean it against the wall. So far so good. I lean down and grab the book. The cover falls and one of the fins of the vent hits me in the head. I feel something wet, put my hand up to check it out, and it comes away bloody. Oh hell. I go out to the other room to tell my mom. "Mommy!" "I told you to get the hell back to your AAAAAAAA!!!!!" In the few seconds it took me to go from my room to where she was I was covered in blood. Head wounds bleed a lot. She almost passed out.

I was working at an office building, cleaning. I was cleaning a restroom and bent down to get something I'd dropped. I didn't think of how close I was to the counter. BAM! Damn near knocked myself out. Blood is oozing out so I went to get a band-aid. The boss sees the blood running down my face and makes me take a break. He almost passed out.

I'm with a friend and his family. I go to get in the van and hit my head on the door frame, right on top of my head.

I'm working at another place cleaning. A co worker was always playing pranks on me and trying to scare me. I hid under a metal stairway thinking I'd jump out and scare her. She comes down. I didn't think how low the stairs were and jumped up. THRONGGGGGGG!!!!!! I hit the underside of the steps so hard another co worker heard me from 15 feet away. I heard it inside my head. I'm pretty sure I had a concussion. I ended up staying and finishing my work though.

Recently, I'm out at night chopping kindling. The light's bad and I can't really see what I'm doing. One hit, miss. Two hits, miss. Three hits, miss. Damn it all to hell I'm getting pissed. One big hit, and the log flies at my leg at the speed of HOLY MOTHER OF AAAAAA!!!!! Cue numerous cuss words here. The damn piece of wood ended up crashing into my knee cap.

ETA: I sure have hit my head a lot; and people wonder what's wrong with me.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This one didn't happen to me. It happened to a friend when we were 17.

My friend had gotten a set of nunchucks and was bouncing up and down on his mattress swinging them around. My other friend moved his head backward, which put him in the way of them. Well, my friend tried not to hit him and swung the one end toward himself. It ended up going between his legs and hitting him in the cajones full force. I can still see the look on his face and the way he sank down to his knees and the squeak that came out of his mouth as he was trying to scream. It may sound horrible but all these years later it's still hilarious.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

My friend was very accident prone and seriously injured himself more than once with me sitting just a few feet away.

One night I heard a groan or a squeak and could hardly believe my eyes when I looked round to see what the problem was.

He'd stretched his legs underneath a very ornate coffee table that I'd recently bought and managed to find, with his leg, a tiny wire that was sticking out. Seriously, about half an inch long and no thicker than a fuse wire.

But, being him, he had to do the job properly and stabbed himself right in a vein. The sight that greeted me was of a huge fountain of blood pouring from his leg and making a mighty puddle on the (fortunately tiled) floor.

I don't know about the pain but it was spectacularly stupid

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike
I know it's horrible but I'm laughing right now imagining it. Your friend should wrap up in bubble wrap or something.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Honestly, once the danger was over and he'd been carted off in an ambulance I could feel privileged to have seen such a sight
It really was quite impressive.

But I eventually became inured to it. Hardly bothered to raise an eyebrow - except for that time he forgot that he'd put a barrier across the door to keep our little hamster in the living room. Now that tumble was worthy of the circus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join