It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if-Noah's ARC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've got a question, ATS.......and that is what if the Earth itself was Noah's Arc. I know that the Bible actually describes dimensions for the vehicle and the materials used to build it, and the fact that it was a boat. However, I'm wondering: based on its dimensions and materials used would it really have been large enough to hold 2 of every animal? For some strange reason, I think not. A lot of the Bible is written in code where it says one thing and means another; I forget the actual term for this kind of writing. If this is the case then maybe the Noah's Arc story was written in this fashion and it says one thing but actually means something else. Maybe the flood was a Solar event on another world and the ARC was actually a spaceship that brought humans to Earth.

I know this sounds crazy,I'm just thinking out loud without having done any research into this, ATS. Just getting some thoughts out. So, what says ATS?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I like the idea any how ! Good to think outside the box and since the Bible is a book comprised mostly of stories handed down orally....some of the stories could have been retold as people remembered them and adapted to fit the times when told and then became part of the record. Good story, but how one could go about researching further I wouldn't know and since it has been reported that the Ark was actually found in Turkey it may be for naught but I do like the story.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What if Noah..... Was a dinosaur, and he was just tricking all of those animals into coming to his home so he could eat them.

What ifs are pretty lame. Especially when you confess that you have done zero research into the subject. And then refute your what if with what the story actually describes.

edit on 16-7-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

"What ifs" gave you the technology to transmit your complaint to potentially millions of people...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
What if Noah..... Was a dinosaur, and he was just tricking all of those animals into coming to his home so he could eat them.

What ifs are pretty lame. Especially when you confess that you have done zero research into the subject. And then refute your what if with what the story actually describes.

Oh come on, Woodcarver. Let your imagination out to play a little.

Who knows, maybe Mars was the garden of Eden, as well as our original home, and Noah collected DNA samples from every creature. Then Enki gave him a spaceship to flee from Enlil to earth. As Tom Hanks said in Castaway: "It could work."

edit on 7/16/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nice imagination, but unlikely. Here's what I think in a nutshell.

There really was a flood. It did not blanket the earth; it just flooded the seacoasts where a lot of the civilizations were. It happened because of glacial melt about 12,000 to 14,000 years ago. we're still coming off an Ice Age, and when the ice surrounding Hudson Bay melted a whole lot of seawater rushed out raised the level of the oceans about 40-60 feet in a day.

the same exact thing happened to another lake in Canada where the dam broke and the water rushed out of Canada into Washington State and carved out the steppes of eastern Washington on its way to the Pacific Ocean resulting in the barren land that is there now. One of these is recognized as probably true by science; the other is regarded as mythical.

But there are legends of a flood in nearly every oral tradition, from China and Japan to aboriginal America to the Middle East. The story of Noah is just a variation on that theme. There was no actual Ark. There was no "animals 2 x 2." None of that makes any sense at all, but people did survive the flood and lived to tell the tale--changed with artistic license over thousands of years.

So is there some truth veiled up inside the Ark story? Sure. But spaceships? No.
edit on 7/16/2015 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Earth IS NOT Noah's Ark silly! Everyone know that The Moon Is Noahs Ark

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Nice imagination, but unlikely. Here's what I think in a nutshell.

There really was a flood. It did not blanket the earth; it just flooded the seacoasts where a lot of the civilizations were. It happened because of glacial melt about 12,000 to 14,000 years ago. we're still coming off an Ice Age, and when the ice surrounding Hudson Bay melted a whole lot of seawater rushed out raised the level of the oceans about 40-60 feet in a day.

the same exact thing happened to another lake in Canada where the dam broke and the water rushed out of Canada into Washington State and carved out the steppes of eastern Washington on its way to the Pacific Ocean resulting in the barren land that is there now. One of these is recognized as probably true by science; the other is regarded as mythical.

But there are legends of a flood in nearly every oral tradition, from China and Japan to aboriginal America to the Middle East. The story of Noah is just a variation on that theme. There was no actual Ark. There was no "animals 2 x 2." None of that makes any sense at all, but people did survive the flood and lived to tell the tale--changed with artistic license over thousands of years.

So is there some truth veiled up inside the Ark story? Sure. But spaceships? No.
This sounds likely. I like this. It accounts for several anomalies, such as ancient cities that now reside under water, and the world encompassing myths of a flood. It is logical and believable. Even if not yet provable.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Oh come on, Woodcarver. Let your imagination out to play a little.

Who knows, maybe Mars was the garden of Eden, as well as our original home, and Noah collected DNA samples from every creature. Then Enki gave him a spaceship to flee from Enlil to earth. As Tom Hanks said in Castaway: "It could work."
Don't blame me. He already gave away all the reasons not to take his what-if seriously. He didn't leave anything left to argue. (Which kinda made me mad.)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If the Earth itself was Noah's arc why would hundreds of flood legends found among nearly all the nations and tribes worldwide all describe a boat?

Concerning the Bible being written in code:

The Bible is to be taken literally unless the text in question is obviously symbolic.

The Bible DOES frequently employ allegory, such as in Gal.4:21-24.

But it also makes it perfectly clear when doing so.

originally posted by: Sun Matrix
It's hard to find a culture without a flood story........Noah is the real deal.

originally posted by: CherubBaby
Native global flood stories are documented as history or legend in almost every region on earth. Old world missionaries reported their amazement at finding remote tribes already possessing legends with tremendous similarities to the Bible's accounts of the worldwide flood. H.S. Bellamy in Moons, Myths and Men estimates that altogether there are over 500 Flood legends worldwide. Ancient civilizations such as (China, Babylonia, Wales, Russia, India, America, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Sumatra, Peru, and Polynesia) all have their own versions of a giant flood.

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Flood myths are almost universal, and the one of the Miao people in China has preserved the names of all the patriarchs of Genesis PHONETICALLY for all those centuries. Yes, they got the names of Noah, his wife, and his sons all correct, sounding more than merely recognizable. I can't buy the local flood theories - I mean there were and are local floods, but the big one is preserved in the entire sedimentary layers around the world. You can interpret them as laid down during millions of years if you want, but I think rapid deposition is at least a valid an interpretation.

"And the odds become even longer that Noah's Flood is not an historical fact when one considers the hundreds of tribes from around the world that have ancestral knowledge of the global Flood. And yet, we are expected to ignore this overwhelming evidence because it contradicts current mainstream science and archaeology.

Hundreds of tribal legends and ancient accounts from Egypt, Babylon, and the Indus confirm the account of Noah's Flood from the book of Genesis. These tribes and ancient cultures obviously had no interest in copying a Hebrew account about a global Flood, therefore, all of these accounts must have been independently derived by the various people-groups' ancestors from the eight who were on the vessel that endured the global Flood. When the eight reproduced and spread out across the Middle East, and soon thereafter, much of the world (as some were demonstrably excellent mariners), the memory of the worldwide Flood was retained, and to a not-surprisingly great degree."

The Ancients Knew of the Global Flood

What is the significance of the various flood legends? The answer seems obvious: (a) we have well over 200 flood legends that tell of a great flood (and possibly more than 500); (b) many of the legends come from different ages and civilizations that could not possibly have copied any of the similar legends; (c) the legends were recorded long before any missionaries arrived to relate to them the Genesis account of Noah; and (d) almost all civilizations have some sort of flood legend. The conclusion to be drawn from such facts is that in the distant past, there was a colossal flood that forever affected the history of all civilizations.

Preserved in the myths and legends of almost every people on the face of the globe is the memory of the great catastrophe. While myths may not have any scientific value, yet they are significant in indicating the fact that an impression was left in the minds of the races of mankind that could not be erased.

Legends of the Flood

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Flood myths are almost universal, and the one of the Miao people in China has preserved the names of all the patriarchs of Genesis PHONETICALLY for all those centuries. Yes, they got the names of Noah, his wife, and his sons all correct, sounding more than merely recognizable. I can't buy the local flood theories - I mean there were and are local floods, but the big one is preserved in the entire sedimentary layers around the world. You can interpret them as laid down during millions of years if you want, but I think rapid deposition is at least a valid an interpretation.

Now here is the actual story. The actual conspiracy involved with this story. It's as old as babylon, but spreads from China to Africa, all the way to the ancient Americas.
This is a smoking gun. But what does it mean? That is what we should be talking about.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My grandfather was born at the base of mount Ararat in Turkey in 1900. He was Armenian.His great uncle was the minister of finance for Turkey. I asked him in the early 60s if the story about the Ark was true. He was stunned, surprised and caught off guard. He said if anyone in the old village heard me say such a thing, they would have thought me a fool. Everyone there knew it was up there.He said it was very high on the mountain, and usually covered in thick ice. He said the only time it was exposed was when there was at least 15 years of drought. He said people from the village had been on it before and in it as well. It was not rotten but had turned to stone, and that it was enormous and very dark inside. There were sectioned off areas and many rooms. They didnt go very far inside. They had to stack rocks in order to climb onto it. I asked my dad if grandpa would ever lie to me, he said "No he wouldnt".

new topics

top topics

join