It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury reaches verdict in Colorado theater shooting trial of James Holmes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Well hey this case only lasted 7 months, and cost the tax payer 10's of millions of dollars...nothing stupid about that right?

Someone gets caught with some pot, and can go to prison for years with almost no trial, but this guy killed tons of people so he obviously deserves to be treated better.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke
a reply to: Excallibacca

Well hey this case only lasted 7 months, and cost the tax payer 10's of millions of dollars...nothing stupid about that right?

Someone gets caught with some pot, and can go to prison for years with almost no trial, but this guy killed tons of people so he obviously deserves to be treated better.

What are you even talking about? Are you actually arguing that a trial for simple possession should go on as long as one for a mass murder or consume the same resources? Also, I'm assuming that you got busted for possession at some point, lol?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: jaffo

"as they back out the door"

actually I try to contribute to threads I'm interested in as much as possible. verdict was made, excitement died, not much more to say.

Are you familiar with all of the interesting connections between Holmes and mind-altering programs? If not, might be interested in checking these out:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

were you familiar with this background, in denial or just opposed to the whole idea that this may have possibly been black ops?

Please show me EXACTLY where ANY of those articles states plainly that Holmes was working on any such thing. Oh the one article speaks about "conjecture" that he was doing so. But NOT ONE of those articles contains ANY statement at all or proof that Holmes was working on any such thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about? How could you have taken that so completely wrong? I am talking about the waste of time and resources on this case.

He admitted to committing these crimes. It is a clear cut case. We don't need to spend millions of dollars sifting through 9000 potential jurors, and 7 months of hearing from experts.

Instead of ASSuming things, trying to spin some type of personal attack on someone over the internet who you know nothing about, maybe think about the ridiculous waste involved in something this trivial.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

nowhere did I say "holmes was working for DARPA", all I did was point out that coincidentally he was involved in the Salk institute.

Take your trolling elsewhere. First you complained about me "backing out the door", now it's something else you want to be critical of me for.

Sorry my posts don't meet your superior standards bud

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

nowhere did I say "holmes was working for DARPA", all I did was point out that coincidentally he was involved in the Salk institute.

Take your trolling elsewhere. First you complained about me "backing out the door", now it's something else you want to be critical of me for.

Sorry my posts don't meet your superior standards bud

No, your posts simply defy logic. And what you said was that he was connected to mind control experiments. That is simply not true. If you don't like being called out, don;t make false statements.
edit on 21-7-2015 by jaffo because: Grammar, spelling.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

What the hell are you talking about? How could you have taken that so completely wrong? I am talking about the waste of time and resources on this case.

He admitted to committing these crimes. It is a clear cut case. We don't need to spend millions of dollars sifting through 9000 potential jurors, and 7 months of hearing from experts.

Instead of ASSuming things, trying to spin some type of personal attack on someone over the internet who you know nothing about, maybe think about the ridiculous waste involved in something this trivial.

And how much time exactly do you personally think is appropriate to get something like this right? We should just rush the thing right on through and fry him without making sure that he is competent to stand trial for his actions? I bet you would scream louder than most if I presented a story of someone wrongfully convicted.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Phatdamage

24-year old neuroscience doctoral candidate, James Holmes,
a young man with several links to the U.S. government research Salk Institute
involved in neurologically enhancing soldiers’ abilities on the battlefield, and with
connections to DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), the central
research and development organization for the United States Department of Defense.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

^re-read my post Jaffo...good reading comprehension practice that could prove to be handy. As you can see I never said he was Connected to mind control experiments, I said he had ties to the Salk Institute.

So based on Those facts, you're the one making false statements.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
At the beginning I thought he was guilty as sin. Now I dig through history and find out he has 2 brothers not in the news, I'd say, reflecting on who he was before crime, that his brother did it, not him. He was drugged in a car when his brother did it. He was still a Jeckyll and Hyde with his life, then again, his whole family is like that.

Considering if he said the entire time he didn't do it, so he could go home with his parents....they'd probably kill him for telling, and the agents that made and delivered the PR photos. Safety behind bars.

Maybe if he lives he can participate in medical research experimentation in prison, be experimented on by one of his mother's psychology friends in the government.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldenSyrup
At the beginning I thought he was guilty as sin. Now I dig through history and find out he has 2 brothers not in the news, I'd say, reflecting on who he was before crime, that his brother did it, not him. He was drugged in a car when his brother did it. He was still a Jeckyll and Hyde with his life, then again, his whole family is like that.

Considering if he said the entire time he didn't do it, so he could go home with his parents....they'd probably kill him for telling, and the agents that made and delivered the PR photos. Safety behind bars.

Maybe if he lives he can participate in medical research experimentation in prison, be experimented on by one of his mother's psychology friends in the government.

Please show me where he said he did not do it. He never said that. In fact, he apologized for what he did.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join