It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost dutchman mines

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am planning a two week journey into the superstition mountains in arizona. In november 2005 And I am seeking a team of individuals to occompany me into the mountains in search of the lost dutchman mines. Individuals must be prior military or at least knowlegable of the desert and must be proficient in the use of deadly force. This is a non paid position but will gaurantee alot of adventure that you will remember the rest of your life. Plus if we find the mine youll be rich.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by firedoc2368
and must be proficient in the use of deadly force.

This is disturbing....

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by firedoc2368
I am planning a two week journey into the superstition mountains in arizona. In november 2005 And I am seeking a team of individuals to occompany me into the mountains in search of the lost dutchman mines. Individuals must be prior military or at least knowlegable of the desert and must be proficient in the use of deadly force. This is a non paid position but will gaurantee alot of adventure that you will remember the rest of your life. Plus if we find the mine youll be rich.

This sounds like bad drama to me. If you have a good story for me we can talk, but right now I doubt it.
Now if you just want to stroll through the Arizona desert with an armed Marine then you buy the beer and we can go quail hunting sometime perhaps.
Just so you know though, I don't generally entertain the idea of killing things that aren't either dangerous to me or good with barbeque sauce.

As for your offer, if you do have a legit story I'm a former 0311 from southern califronia and if really necessary I can provide my own .22 carbine or 12 guage shotgun. You can get me the details via U2U or email at [email protected]. That being said i'm not a sucker or a merc.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Let me guess, you have a map, right?

More people have been killed looking for the lost Duchman mine than in any other treasure hunt.

To bad the Duchman was found many years ago.
As you drive out of Apache Junction, there is a tourist trap in a played out gold mine. I hate to inform you, but That is all that is left of the old duchman mine (well not exactly, but it is the same vein, the Peralta load, which has been worked out.)

You would have better luck searching for one of the burro packs from the Peralta massacre.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
``

i heard that the Apache Junction & SuperstitionMountains were a false heading to throw off the wannabes

the prospector secretly circled around to CaveCreek & BlackCanyonCity areas for his 2 week 'mining' excursions [hearsay & legend]

U might wanna entice an EMT or Corpsman to join
moreso than a pistol-packin, bandollered, hombre

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Why dont you just raid the feed pile at a rock sand and gravel place that runs a gold operation? There used to be one in Erinburg Arizona. They basically just pan gold out of the area surrounding the Colorado River with a big wash plant, not unlike the way they make fine sand for golf courses. Go fill a 5 gallon bucket from their feed pile, pan it out at home, and I figure you'll get at least a little. It will probably be about as worthwhile as working at Mc Donalds, but you wont have to pay taxes on it, and if you dont get caught you wont get in any trouble.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This sounds like a tragedy in the making. The Lost Dutchman mines have always interested me, as well, but dosen't somebody own that land right now? Sounds to me that even if you found something you would have to smuggle it out of there, or lose it all and possibly go to jail. It's definitely a big risk for something that has never paid off at least for anyone since that old dutchman. Now, if you want to raid Oak Island count me in

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It seems that everyone who ventures into the Superstition mountains wants to be a gunslinger.
Just this very evening I was sitting on a small hill overlooking Apache Trail and the Black Queen mine. I was just sitting and daydreaming scratching around in the soil around me and I came up with a pound of expended lead and copper and steel jackets.
Everybody has their opinion on where the Dutchman is. You can bet that the locations published in books have been worked out. I wish you much luck on your expedition and suggest you do some map dowsing and research Spanish treasure signs as well as the treasure signs of the Knights of the Golden Circle. I believe the real dutchman is still out there. Remember there is a "trick" in the trail where you will have to go through some kind of tunnel or gate in the rock. Remember also that when the US government pulled out soldiers to fight in the Civil war that the Apaches went and buried all the gold mines in the area. I will think of you as I look out at the giant stone Grizzley bear that crawls across the front of Superstition mountain.

[edit on 12-28-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
NOTE TO THOSE CARRYING FIREARMS INTO THE SUPERSTITION WILDERNESS!! Rifles are not permitted in the Superstition Wilderness unless you are there concurrent with big game season and have a valid license in your possesion. Pistols and shotguns only.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Number one I am not a mercenary and number two I thought it would make a really cool adventure and number three there are approximatley 7 different species of rattlesnake as well as other things that will hurt you and number four the lost dutchmen mines have never been found. I am looking for some hard corp adventure types that arent scared of their own shadow to do some exploring maybe some repelling and yes as long as you have a valid hunting liscence you can be armed Im going to take my 40 cal and my 357 with snake shot in it. I tought it would be a neat place to check out and snoop around and what the hell, maybe find some old stuff that nobody has found yet. any questions or anyone not speaking from their ass e-mail me at [email protected] any spam or viruses sent will be responded to aggressively.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Now that sounds a little more like an adventure. Man, your first post came across sounding like you were going in guns a blazing and taking what ever you found. Wish I could go with you but right now the only adventure I have in my future is trying to figure out how to pay all of my christmas bills.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The clarification certainly does help. The "proficient in the use of deadly force" thing evoked memories of the opening scene in National Treasure. No offense intended, since that wasn't what you had in mind, its just that nobody who thinks that sort of stuff is real will ever get me to follow them into the desert

At any rate, Arizona is a bit of a drive for me just to go in hopes of getting lucky. If you had a lead to follow up I might ask to come along.

Since this sort of thing strikes your fancy you ought to hang around this board. There are plenty of "lost mystery" type stories out there, including several in the south western united states. (Not the least of which is supposed ruins of some kind in a cave overlooking the Colorado River. If I ever had a respectable lead on the location and means of access I would definately be willing to have a few ATS members along to witness that I'm not insane.)

pao

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
i live 2 hrs away....... lets go get some rocks

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I guess one of the big thing that attracts me to the lost dutchman mines is the mystery and the intrigue. Plus the fact that from what I have read that mountain range has alot of mystery about it without the mines. I guess the best way to go about it is to respect the mountains and the spirits that linger there, respect it as if it where your own home and respect the people that it belongs to. I guess if anyone finds the mines or what have you, the right thing would be to enjoy the artifacts and leave them be. But having the knowledge of knowing would be as fullfilling as the money you could get. If things are found Id say leave them be, you never know if its the mark of someones grave or what its history is. That makes me think about the titanic. The researchers that found the titanic explored what they could the layed a plaque in place on the bow of the ship. The mistake that they made is to tell the world where it was and now everyone and their dog is going to the place. I believe its a grave for hundreds of people who died in a tragedy and should be left alone and respected. But thats just me. Just like the dutchman mines if someone does find it or something like it, whose to say what one will do in the excitement that is involved without sitting down and thinking of the outcome of revieling something of that magnetude. You have to look at what normal people would do to a sacred spot such as that just to get a piece of it. Thats why you keep things like this secret i guess.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
anyone else get the feeling someone is going to accidentally get shot on this camping trip..?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have been hunting for years miss thing, let me guess mommies never let you out to play

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I belong to several treasure hunting and gold prospecting forums. I can tell you from experience, that the lost dutchman mine brings loonies out of the wood work, so choose your travel companions carefully. The man who can handle his own mind may do you more good than a squad of physically fit gung ho semper fi dudes. These mountains have a history of seducing folks and using their greed against them. The mine is located in the Superstition Wilderness area and removal of gold and treasure is prohibited by federal law. I would recommend a large 16-32 man tent to erect over your workings so as to disguise what you are doing. While waiting to get your expedition together I suggest reading "Ripples of Lost Echoes" by Don Ward. It is a small book chock full of treasure tales of the Superstition Mountains. Stay in touch here and I will supply you with research if you want. Definitely go with guns and ammo, just be legal with the rifles.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
well, if this is a Hunting trip, thats one thing. I understood this was a search for the lost dutchman mines, a trip of exploration. As far as my camping trips, Ive been in jungles from Mexico To Central America. Deserts from California to New mexico, and sailed from Oregon to Costa Rica to Hawaii to Japan. Never had a Need for a Gun. If you want to hunt,yea, great go for it. If you want to explore, seems a really bad idea.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I dont know why everyone is affraid of guns. Its seems that most people on here are decent law abiding citizens and care about life and happiness. I happen to take a couple of guns with me even on regular camping trips. You just dont know these days what will happen and to suggest not taking a gun with you going into a wilderness this vast is stupidity. Im not say there is going to be trouble or there is going to be a need for weaponry but there is always the what ifs that you have to look out for. Plus the fact that your so close to the mexican border. Who knows but everyone has the right to their own personal oppinion, which makes our country great. I am a pro gun person but others are anti gun people and thats ok, But I am one thats always prepared for anything. One more note, when I served in the Gulf war, Mogadishu, or Sarejevo not one person here complained to the fact that I was carrying a gun. Also I bet those people on the planes during 911 would have wished they had a gun. I beleive in peace, prosperity for all man Its ones own decision what they do in life. I love all life but to go un prepared is stupid.
I hope for peace in all the world
Steve
P.S my brother is currently on his second tour in Iraq, gods speed and safe hunting John

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I own many guns, shotguns, etc, from a .375 Holland / Holland express to a mini Derringer used by gamblers. I collect guns. love to go shooting, hunting, and just plain pinging coke cans off rocks in the desert. I collect all casings, and nobody knows i was there after i leave. I am a Tool and Die maker, as my nickname relates. We have manufactured weaponry for the Dept of Defense as well. I have no issue with guns themselves.
There are trips we take and bring guns, there are far more that we dont. I just dont have a need for them unless the trip expressly calls for it. Most trips dont. I do always bring along knives, and sometimes machete and short sword depending. A single good knife is worth a dozen guns in the wilderness.

One thing is to get together with freinds and go shooting or hunting. Another is to bring people on the net together and go exploring with people you dont know, packing guns, looking for Gold.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join