It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: UnBreakable

REALLY??? me thinks you may want to check history my friend... Pol Pot, Stalin, et al...

Jaden

I was just talking about recent events, but since you brought up dictators from the past, maybe you're the one who should check history, Jack:

"Joseph Stalin was raised to be a Catholic Priest and I remain curious as to why his Christianity is shoved aside in all these arguments. Yes, there is no way to get around the fact that in his early career, Stalin made a vast effort to rid Russia of religion, but that had nothing to do with atheism. It was the only way he knew to seize power of the country".

"Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge were composed of Buddhists and Pol Pot was a Theravada Buddhist. He studied at a Buddhist monastery and then at a Catholic school for 8 years. Cambodia's communism was influenced by Theravada Buddhism".

"If you add up all of the lives that were lost in the name of one religion or another, you come up with a staggering figure that is in excess of eight-hundred-million. That's eight-hundred-million. An eight, followed by eight zeros. 800,000,000.
So, even if the believers who are uneducated enough to think that Hitler, Stalin and Pot were psychotic mass murderers because they believed these men were atheists, it is horrifically clear that religious murder wins out".
www.goddiscussion.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Logarock

A Marine was identified yesterday or the night before. Already multiple articles written about him. He was a Gunnery Sergeant from Springfield, Mass.

Yep, I posted that yesterday but it got lost amongst all the other posts. Purple heart, 2 tours of Iraq. Sad that he got gunned down in his own country where he felt safe!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Just posted this info in the thread I opened earlier today:

Just read in an updated story that he was married and had three kids. He suffered three gunshot wounds.

The others killed are Lance Corporal Skip Wells, Staff Sergeant David Wyatt, Gunny Thomas Sullivan, and Sergeant Carson Holmquist.

A fifth Marine, as yet unidentified, was also wounded.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am now wondering if the motive can't be traced back to the suspect's troubled birth in occupied Kuwait, where he may have been one of those newborn babies who were yanked out of their incubators and thrown to the cold floor and left to die by Saddam's troops, suffering significant childhood trauma in the process?

edition.cnn.com...
Abdulazeez was born in Kuwait in September 1990, during the Iraqi invasion of that country, Kuwait's Interior Ministry said.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

You better try to connect this case to weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, that story would hold more water.

Amnesty International, for instance, said its inquiries in April, 1991, shortly after the Gulf War ended, "found no reliable evidence that Iraqi forces had caused the deaths of babies by removing them or ordering their removal from incubators."

articles.latimes.com...
edit on 19-7-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: diggindirt
Just came across this story on Drudge---claims to have his blog.
www.thedailybeast.com...

Here's a sample:

The first post was entitled "A Prison Called Dunya," referring to the temporal world. In it, Abdulazeez uses the hypothetical example of a prisoner who is told he would be given a test that would either take him out of his earthly prison—or send him into a more restrictive environment. "I would imagine that any sane person would devote their time to mastering the information on the study guide and stay patient with their studies, only giving time for the other things around to keep themselves focused on passing the exam," Abdulazeez wrote. "They would do this because they know and have been told that they will be rewarded with pleasures that they have never seen." This life is that test, he wrote, "designed to separate the inhabitants of Paradise from the inhabitants of Hellfire."

Was published on July 13 according to the story.

Mistake- Same source- will update if I find one with more info.

Huh, another blog from a shooter, at least they are leaving some indication for their actions behind..
Doesn't look like the blogging is alluding to IS or extremist. In his "test" he asking for suicide by cop maybe? Wonder if he was on prescription drugs...

Bingo!
Here we have a story saying that he suffered from depression and was medicated extensively since he was 12 years old and was "medicated" for years.

america.aljazeera.com...

A Kuwaiti-born man who shot and killed five U.S. service members in Tennessee was first treated by a psychiatrist for depression when he was 12 or 13 years old, a family representative said. The representative, who spoke Sunday on condition of anonymity to avoid unwanted publicity, said the shooter, Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, also fought drug and alcohol abuse, spending time in Jordan last year to help clean himself up. The representative said relatives of Abdulazeez believe those personal struggles are at the heart of last week's killings at a pair of military sites in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

"He was medicated, like many children are. Through high school and college he did a better job sometimes than others staying with it," the representative said.

He was depressed over a DUI and losing his job so he goes out to military installations and begins shooting members of the military to help him feel better?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
For every shrink-type drug being prescribed, there is a shrink who is prescribing that drug. Focus on him, not the drug. He is the MK Ultra mind controller hiding in plain site.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Reminds me of this, as Abdulazeez was allegedly radicalised as well:

... Alexander Ciccolo, 23, “aka Ali Al Amriki,” was apparently a mentally ill man who was doing nothing more than ranting about violent jihad and talking (admittedly in frightening ways) about launching attacks—until he met an FBI informant. At that point, he started making shopping lists for weapons...

firstlook.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
For every shrink-type drug being prescribed, there is a shrink who is prescribing that drug. Focus on him, not the drug. He is the MK Ultra mind controller hiding in plain site.

In my opinion the shrinks have been just as brainwashed by the drug companies and their representatives. The mainstream medical profession is fixated on pills as the first, best and only way to treat any complaint. Anything other than prescribing a pill is "hogwash" in well over 90% of the mainstream medical practitioners' offices.
Giving a pill is much easier than the long, hard search for solutions to medical issues whether the issue is blood pressure or mental instability.

When we add in the current trend to call normal teenage angst a mental disability, the problem gets way out of hand because what teen going through puberty and the hormonal swings associated with NORMAL bodily functions hasn't felt depressed or outraged or rebellious? Rather than helping them to work through the NORMAL anxiety of the teen years, these medical "professionals" hand out addictive drugs and then wonder what went wrong when they become even more depressed or suicidal. But rather than change their approach, these supposedly smart folks simply change the pill rather than the approach. They seem to think that if one drug doesn't do the trick then try using three or four---that MIGHT work.

I say it is time to quit using our children as lab rats, prescribing drugs that have never been approved for children to enhance the revenues of BigPharma, politicians and BigMedia. Yes, it's all tied together there in a neat bow isn't it? Big Pharma collects money from BigInsurance since the politicians made insurance mandatory, then BigPharma turns around and donates billions to politicians and spends billions more with BigMedia to assure that BigMedia will never speak of the horrifying effects we see on a daily basis of this scourge of legal drug pushers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So if it had been a white guy, would this have been deemed terrorism? If the so called sleeper cells all attack targets on a single date still be considered lone wolves and not terrorists?

Is this about racial/religious targeting/profiling?

Sorry for coming in so late, but it is so confounding.
edit on pm731pmMon, 20 Jul 2015 21:26:52 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
But there are many, many taking anti-depressants. Very few engage in violence. What made this guy go beserk?

a reply to: antar
It's terrorism if their is a political motive is attached to it. Though that motive isn't anything to do with radical Islam. It's about the gun control/hyping the war-on-terror agenda.

edit on 20-7-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
A memorial service for the victims on Sunday at the Lee Highway strip mall shooting site was interrupted by some kind of provocateur, though for what reason I don't know.

www.timesfreepress.com...
Four four hours, James Hutchins, 60, paced the property, shouting, yelling and arguing, shouting words such as "boy" and "queer" at people in the crowd in an attempt to get some sort of response, the affidavit states.
At one point, Hutchins and another person got face-to-face and police had to ask the pair to separate, according to the affidavit. During the confrontation with police, Hutchins called a black officer a racial slur, which caused a stir in the crowd, police said. The crowd began to close in on Hutchins and police took him into custody.

--------------------

I suspect these 'friends' of the suspect were his handlers. Watch for them to slip quietly from the storyline.

www.timesfreepress.com...
He bought ammunition for his guns as recently as July 11, when he visited the Hixson Walmart, according to FBI officials.
Federal agents are seeking the identities of the other two young men who visited the store with Abdulazeez.
Other news agencies have reported that Abdulazeez was seen at a local shooting range with several other young men.

edit on 20-7-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego
Yes, I agree that many, many are taking these drugs.
What I don't agree with is your assertion that very few engage in violence. Police officers, lawyers, judges and Emergency Room personnel say they see a marked increase in the violent episodes and in teens to young 20s attempting suicide and far too many of them are successful.
It isn't known what makes them go berserk---that's why these drugs are so very dangerous. It's like Russian roulette and the docs keep adding bullets until ...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Should put this in the HOAX bin!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join