It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I am not sure how I feel about this guy..

Giving political advice.. Seems real strange and all..
edit on 7/17/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Muslim shooter today, Christian shooter in SC a couple of weeks ago. Gee, why aren't these guys ever AtheistsAgnotics. Religion is always a major component to these a$$holes derangement. As long as religion exists, man will never have peace, which is ironic since each religion supposedly promotes peace as its basis.

Man you have some gall calling the SC shooter a "christian". He was a "christian" because he sat through a bible study before opening fire? ATS is loaded with this sort of spoofing!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

Muslim shooter today, Christian shooter in SC a couple of weeks ago. Gee, why aren't these guys ever AtheistsAgnotics. Religion is always a major component to these a$$holes derangement. As long as religion exists, man will never have peace, which is ironic since each religion supposedly promotes peace as its basis.

I think a few much more qualified than I have said he is not a muslim.

I am well qualified to say that roof rejected the teachings of Christ. He was not a Christian. After seeing the faith of the victims families, and feeling their forgiveness, however, he may have changed his mind.

How can you blame Christianity for a Christian church shooting. How anyone can see the way that church bonded together to heal and forgive, and not want to re think the power of faith before spewing such vitriol as this, is beyond me. YMMV

Sorry to burst your apoligist bubble, but I stand by my view on the religious aspects of these types of killings. And I suppose you think the Crusades and Inquisition had absolutely nothing to do with Christianity trying to spead their beliefs through violence.

But you haven't really demonstrated anything other than the fact you believe in convolution beaten into rhetorical nonsense to support anti christian bigotry. The best relationship we can apply to the two cases here is that both were self styled racist ideologues and mentality unstable.

The best question to ask here is how could this Muslim shooter who had experienced the benefits of this culture flip out and attack icons of same. I mean does someone want to call this guy "oppressed" in a christian culture? Like the Crusades really apply here? Was he a victim of a new western Inquisition? No and no. His dad worked for TVA and they lived in a nice suburb ect, ect.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hay by the way don't worry......this story wont bump Jenner, the Rebel Battle Flag, Iran Nuke Deal and new studies on NSIADS from the top news slots.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Sir, that is crossing the line.

Start peppering your angus.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Just came across this story on Drudge---claims to have his blog.
www.thedailybeast.com...

Here's a sample:

The first post was entitled "A Prison Called Dunya," referring to the temporal world. In it, Abdulazeez uses the hypothetical example of a prisoner who is told he would be given a test that would either take him out of his earthly prison—or send him into a more restrictive environment. "I would imagine that any sane person would devote their time to mastering the information on the study guide and stay patient with their studies, only giving time for the other things around to keep themselves focused on passing the exam," Abdulazeez wrote. "They would do this because they know and have been told that they will be rewarded with pleasures that they have never seen." This life is that test, he wrote, "designed to separate the inhabitants of Paradise from the inhabitants of Hellfire."

Was published on July 13 according to the story.

Mistake- Same source- will update if I find one with more info.

Huh, another blog from a shooter, at least they are leaving some indication for their actions behind..
Doesn't look like the blogging is alluding to IS or extremist. In his "test" he asking for suicide by cop maybe? Wonder if he was on prescription drugs...

edit on 17-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Good question. My Beloved asked the same thing when I told him of this incident today.
I'm still trying to make sense of the Twitter kerfuffle....being a cultural infidel in terms of those social networks leaves me frustrated at times like this.
Did this shooter actually make the posting that some have claimed?
I've not even heard if any group claimed him as their own yet?
But I'm sure they'll have it all solved by the time I've gotten a bit of sleep.
I can't help thinking of those families. Having family and friends serving makes me want to hug them tighter each time I see them.
But my mind can't wrap around what that young man did. I have grandchildren that age, just graduated and starting out to find out about the real world. So very sad.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: dreamingawake
Good question. My Beloved asked the same thing when I told him of this incident today.
I'm still trying to make sense of the Twitter kerfuffle....being a cultural infidel in terms of those social networks leaves me frustrated at times like this.
Did this shooter actually make the posting that some have claimed?
I've not even heard if any group claimed him as their own yet?
But I'm sure they'll have it all solved by the time I've gotten a bit of sleep.
I can't help thinking of those families. Having family and friends serving makes me want to hug them tighter each time I see them.
But my mind can't wrap around what that young man did. I have grandchildren that age, just graduated and starting out to find out about the real world. So very sad.

Oops, sorry. It's the same source, got them mixed up but more site pages being shared now in the media of the same content.

It seems a bit off how both Roof's and this shooter's blog are recent(any address on the blog to look up background data?). At least it seems they left out the guess work on intention that other shooters have done. Are they acting due to something more deep rooted but use an agenda(whether it be racism or what they feel religion is telling them) as defining motivation to act?

With Roof, his blog posting alludes to that he changed (into a racist)when he found out about Trayvon Martin. While having prior motivation, some news of Roof indicated he may have committed these murders in racial motivation due to his love interest not being into him. In illness, maybe that was his breaking point and it could have came from another incident where he felt attacked as well. Still a racist act none-the-less.

I know I'll be under fire for this, but Abdulazeez did attack unarmed marines. Very cowardly, but to ask why target Marines? Maybe some kind of revenge for action in the M.E. was also in his plan as well.

Haven't heard of IS or other claiming him.

I know what you mean and sending regards to the families.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They've identified one of the Marines killed as Marine Gunnery Sgt. Thomas Sullivan. How sad.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Hay by the way don't worry......this story wont bump Jenner, the Rebel Battle Flag, Iran Nuke Deal and new studies on NSIADS from the top news slots.

It is the top story on every major news website currently and has been since information started to come out on it yesterday.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Man you have some gall calling the SC shooter a "christian". He was a "christian" because he sat through a bible study before opening fire? ATS is loaded with this sort of spoofing!

''Sat through' a bible study? No, they said he actively participated and recited prayers and bible verses. For not being a Christian, it was a pretty good act.
edit on 17-7-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
The logic does not follow.
If we are gonna lump in anyone who is culturally a member of a religion, (i.e. something like 70+% of Americans say they are Christian however they never attend service and do not believe any of the supernatural or doctrinal aspects of the faith.) then to be fair we would have to lump in anyone who is culturally an atheist in the same fashion, and chalk heinous crimes that they do as an aspect of their ideology.
So in short Atheist would make up the largest percentage of "GangBangers" in the U.S. as I would venture to guess that there are not too many members of the Bloods who attend Sunday school.
Would this be reasonable?
Of course not the Atheist would say, after all they are doing nothing that has anything whatsoever to do with atheism!
Says who?
Says the Atheist who has had nothing to do with the crime in question. Just because he claims to believe in XYZ does not mean that he is acting in accordance with the belief system.
Why is it that people of faith are not allowed to distance themselves from people who claim to hold the same ideological world view but behave in ways that run counter to the precepts of that world view? However the Athiest is given this opportunity?

As example, the Atheistic Naturalist world view could say that they have every right to rape a woman, after all only the strongest and most dominant animals in the wild are able to procreate and they are just acting on instinct.
Of course they can rob and kill, because in the wild where resources can be scarce it would be an evolutionary advantage to be able to acquire more resources for themselves and their offspring with the least amount of work! After all its just evolution in action, survival of the fittest and what not.

Would this be fair to the Atheist? Of course not, yet somehow it seems to be copacetic to use these arguments against people of faith. At best its intellectually dishonest.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Muslim shooter and domestic Terror? WTF? Then we have all this talk about Twitter-screens and pure confusion masterminds the media-coverage.
I mean... really? Is this a friggin PsyOps to get all those militias going nuts on Jade Helm? Scopolamin-job maybe? Why should anybody with a working brain lable this crime an act of domestic terrorism? I just don't get it.

Stay vigilant!
edit on 17-7-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here is your icing on the connection to terror cake....

Mr. Abdulazeez was not on the government’s radar, but law enforcement officials said that his father had been under investigation years ago for possible ties to a foreign terrorist organization. At one point, a law enforcement official said that the father was on a terrorist watch list and was questioned while on a trip abroad, but that he was eventually removed from the list.

The official cautioned that the investigation of the father was old and did not generate any information on the son and did not lead to charges against the father, the official said.

Link

So, how was his father assigned as a 'special police' officer if he at one time had not only been on a watch list but investigated?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here's something interesting:

Shrader, the gym owner and Abdulazeez's trainer, says: "Abdulazeez had several friends at the gym, but one in particular, a former Chattanooga police officer, would constantly exhort militant islamic views and threatened anyone who had bad-mouthed the faith," Shrader said. "The man was the one who introduced Abdulazeez to the Fight Factory and became the young fighter's closest mentor."

www.usatoday.com...

If officials are looking for a motive then maybe they need to talk to this FORMER Chattanooga police officer...
edit on 17-7-2015 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Apparently, the father gave money to a charity that was linked to terrorism but, after an investigation, he was cleared because the father gave money for 'charity' purposes and was not aware of that charity sponsoring terrorism.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I like your honesty, give me your take on this please!
Is it too far fetched to think about "mastering the human terrain"?

This lable of domestic terror is pretty outstanding, is it not?

would constantly exhort militant islamic views

Odd indeed. Very odd, brings various things to mind...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

"The man was the one who introduced Abdulazeez to the Fight Factory and became the young fighter's closest mentor." 

A fighter, eh?
I am reminded of one of the Boston Marathon bombers. Raised and radicalized in the US, and a boxer.... I think it was the eldest brother.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And I can't stop thinking about our German case of Terrorism, 'Kofferbomber von Köln' (31.7.06).
Some sources still claim that they did get 20 detonators from Mevlüt K., a CIA-contact.

This gets even more fishy every minute. And I thought you folks could wash my head free from conspiracy-theories in a heartbeat. Holy cow...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So, if it turns out this kid was radicalized and murdered those Marines because of it, well, which group radicalized him?

If it were ISIS or Al Qaeda, wouldn't they make him into a martyr, congratulate him and post his greatness all over the interwebs? Have I missed that part of it? I mean, these groups want/need the publicity, right?

He may be a Jihadi "lone wolf" but even they are connected to some group.

Just thinking out loud....

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join