It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That's what gets me. An abundance of caution is one thing, but we know these are soft targets and are an easy mark for any whacko. I foresee DOD addressing this very soon. Just didn't help these poor folks. More PC at work.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: neo96

That's strange because over 1.5 billion Muslims didn't shoot anyone today either...

But you'll never guess what...

Pretty sure a few million are all over northern africa, and the middle east are.

But hey if the whole is guilty for what a few does something gun owners know all to well.

Why should 'muslims' be any different.

Yeah we gun owners have been dealing with HATRED, And bigotry for over 80 YEARS.

Before 'terrorists'.

There were gun owners.
edit on 16-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Check this out.

He graduated with a degree in electrical engineering. He worked from April 2009 to April 2010 as an intern with the Tennessee Valley Authority, a federally owned corporation that provides electricity to 9 million people in the southeast. He also had internships at Mohawk Industries and Global Trade Express.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that his father is a city employee in the public works department.

I wonder if we will see any blackouts.

heavy.com... -terrorism-photos-facebook-twitter-age-bio/

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Welcome back, Neo.

You've been missed.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Holy victim card batman!

Yes the gun owners are soooo oppressed.

Give it a rest.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is what I define as Terrorism. A Muslim guy who gets his engineering degree and has graduated by age 24, has a nice big house, drives a nice late model mustang convertible, is obviously intelligent and decides to throw it all away to attack U.S. Military installations, or U.S. Military personnel...

What else would you call it? It's not a simple crime because who would be motivated to go on a suicide mission when they have everything? Answer, someone who does this and has everything to lose has to be motivated by something, some ideological belief, some radicalization that sends a message, "hey, I did everything correctly, I got a college degree, I am successful, but you know what? That all means nothing, because I think this Jihadist mentality is greater!"

Al Alla... You know the rest...

Of course Pres. you know who is trying to knock it down even when his people are telling him, Americans are not going to drink your Kool Aid Mr.Pres. We can't B.S. this one, no matter how hard we try... I bet he wishes the Government had those T.V.s with the little chips in them that put a signal through your screen that hypnotizes you, and makes you walk away knowing everything isn't as it seems...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Some news reporting he used an AK-47 during the attack although the investigators won't release the weapon info at this time.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Muslim shooter today, Christian shooter in SC a couple of weeks ago. Gee, why aren't these guys ever AtheistsAgnotics. Religion is always a major component to these a$$holes derangement. As long as religion exists, man will never have peace, which is ironic since each religion supposedly promotes peace as its basis.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

which is ironic since each religion supposedly promotes peace as its basis.

good words !!

however, people start to listen to other "people" who spew hatreds of all kinds and that is where the "roots" of perversions from basic peaceful teachings of religion take place.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Muslim shooter today, Christian shooter in SC a couple of weeks ago. Gee, why aren't these guys ever AtheistsAgnotics. Religion is always a major component to these a$$holes derangement. As long as religion exists, man will never have peace, which is ironic since each religion supposedly promotes peace as its basis.

I think a few much more qualified than I have said he is not a muslim.

I am well qualified to say that roof rejected the teachings of Christ. He was not a Christian. After seeing the faith of the victims families, and feeling their forgiveness, however, he may have changed his mind.

How can you blame Christianity for a Christian church shooting. How anyone can see the way that church bonded together to heal and forgive, and not want to re think the power of faith before spewing such vitriol as this, is beyond me. YMMV

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just got back home, had started a thread from my phone earlier but it closed as duplicate.

I'm from Chattanooga, just ate dinner with my aunt and uncle who are close friends with the father of the officer who was wounded, he's supposed to make a full recovery and be out of the hospital by Saturday.

I can't #in believe this happened here. I went to that exact recruiting office when I was younger, was just across the street at a sporting goods store yesterday, un #in real.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Because I would never point my muzzle at something I didn't intend to destroy! And believe me. I own a contender, M-1, 3 shotguns, FS-92 baretta, and an AR-15 SW.....

I could NEVER conceive of killing a life... PERIOD!!!..

Edit. And I don't believe in god. This is it.. repub! And I have a brain....

Life is precious !
edit on 16-7-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2015 by Bigburgh because: SPELL CHECK!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

I am well qualified to say that roof rejected the teachings of Christ. He was not a Christian.

Roof identified himself with KKK types and Nazi ideology elements. Nazi ideologues do not believe in Christ or Christianity. They follow some Paganist belief originating from Nordic Scandinavian cultures.

After accomplishing his goals for Third Reich, Hitler and Himmler had ideas about turning the conquered Europe into Paganist believes. Third Reich did not happen so following agendas on the Nazi list were automatically trashed.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

I think a few much more qualified than I have said he is not a muslim.

I am well qualified to say that roof rejected the teachings of Christ. He was not a Christian. After seeing the faith of the victims families, and feeling their forgiveness, however, he may have changed his mind.

How can you blame Christianity for a Christian church shooting. How anyone can see the way that church bonded together to heal and forgive, and not want to re think the power of faith before spewing such vitriol as this, is beyond me. YMMV

Sorry to burst your apoligist bubble, but I stand by my view on the religious aspects of these types of killings. And I suppose you think the Crusades and Inquisition had absolutely nothing to do with Christianity trying to spead their beliefs through violence.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This will be used as an excuse to arm all federal agencies, including giving them armored vehicles.

To protect us from Muslims, of course.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Gun vending machines on street corners could have prevented this.

-NRA

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

edit on 17-7-2015 by AlexJowls because: double post

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
lolol@ people claiming so strongly that there is no god.

I agree! So what if you only see 1 tiny band of light within 1 spectrum within 1 dimension and on 1 planet? You are without a doubt the most superior being in creation. Praise yourself!
edit on 7/17/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Maybe he snapped under the weight of student loans he couldn't pay?

www.timesfreepress.com...
It's unclear where Abdulazeez worked after graduating from UTC, but (Ryan)Smith(a wrestling teammate) said he recently saw Abdulazeez working at cellphone kiosks in Northgate Mall and Hamilton Place Mall.

www.timesfreepress.com...
By Thursday's end, hundreds of federal agents had been dispatched to the city as the Federal Bureau of Investigation took the lead in the investigation, said Ed Reinhold, special agent in charge.

Hundreds?
edit on 17-7-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Just came across this story on Drudge---claims to have his blog.
www.thedailybeast.com...

Here's a sample:

The first post was entitled "A Prison Called Dunya," referring to the temporal world. In it, Abdulazeez uses the hypothetical example of a prisoner who is told he would be given a test that would either take him out of his earthly prison—or send him into a more restrictive environment. "I would imagine that any sane person would devote their time to mastering the information on the study guide and stay patient with their studies, only giving time for the other things around to keep themselves focused on passing the exam," Abdulazeez wrote. "They would do this because they know and have been told that they will be rewarded with pleasures that they have never seen." This life is that test, he wrote, "designed to separate the inhabitants of Paradise from the inhabitants of Hellfire."

Was published on July 13 according to the story.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join