It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: neo96

That's strange because over 1.5 billion Muslims didn't shoot anyone today either...

But you'll never guess what...

Source?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is it guy's. Jade helm 15. God knows what Really happened... Stay safe

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In your time Shamrock, have you noticed any specific profile to gun use.

eg from my understanding (and not to be misconstrued as an attack on gun owners)...
Wouldn't a coward, or better yet, emotionally driven individual go for a gun, rather than a knife or an axe...

Whereas those loose cannons would not think twice to use any implement in a murderous attack...

This example is based on character assessment I've done myself, but I don't know if it's a universal trait, or one of habitat, ie a European mentality.

I wasn't gonna go there but seeing as the thread is turning into a gun debate thought I'd get a more expert analysis.

Edit; you know what, ignore that, I just recalled a case of a pretty cowardly guy who stabbed his wife to death a few years back.
edit on 16-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

That's strange because over 1.5 billion Muslims didn't shoot anyone today either...

But you'll never guess what...

If you look at what's going on in the Middle East currently. I contribute a large part of that number to poor marksmanship .

Either that or they were too busy chopping off each other's heads?
edit on 16-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Even if 100million Muslims decapitated someone today, that still leaves about 1.5 billion who didn't.

edit on 16-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: iziii3
This is it guy's. Jade helm 15. God knows what Really happened... Stay safe

do you live in Erlanger Kentucky?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Even if 100million people Muslims decapitated someone today, that still leaves about 1.5 billion who didn't.

Come on Charlie I thought we were friends? You had to have known I was being facetious ?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Religion of peace

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Even if 100million people Muslims decapitated someone today, that still leaves about 1.5 billion who didn't.

Come on Charlie I thought we were friends? You had to have known I was being facetious ?

So was I GreatHouse buddy.

I'll chalk that up as 1-0 to me

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Religion of peace

Salam.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: victor7

Canada? Home of the Mayerthorpe tragedy. The Moncton shooting. Nathan Cirillo murdered in broad daylight at a war memorial.

Just say it: you want to disarm all the law abiding citizens. Because then terrorists won't have guns. Criminals won't have guns. Psychopaths will stop killing people.

It is sad and tragic but soon US will lose lots of its freedoms just because certain lobbies and attitudes are too strong.

Will a time come when average common citizen will be forced to carry a gun so that any terrorist/psychopath/gangster goes on rampage then that common citizen will be able to respond promptly and increase his/her odds of seeing another day rather than becoming a sad and soon to be ignored........statistic.

Seems we are heading back to the wild west.

One other country people carry guns with them while going outside for shopping or general purposes..............that country is Afghanistan. US becoming Afghanistan? Very Tragic!!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

How did you get a picture of me with Bob Lazar ?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

No, Europe Slovenia, my friend. I've been tracking what's happening in the south for the past 2 month's. Most Europeans dont know about it And the media doesn't show anything...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

How did you get a picture of me with Bob Lazar ?

lol.
I was the camera man.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I wasn't gonna go there but seeing as the thread is turning into a gun debate thought I'd get a more expert analysis.

Edit; you know what, ignore that, I just recalled a case of a pretty cowardly guy who stabbed his wife to death a few years back.

There is a gun side to this story that will have to be brought up. When events like this happen, why are our military members unable to defend themselves? At least in offices they occupy, they should be carrying a sidearm. Bush 41 started the ball rolling, and Clinton finalized disarming military personnel in our country.

Are they not trusted to carry a defensive weapon? This is nonsense.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well, while I appreciate the tag I don't consider myself an expert by any means. I know there are others here who are probably more so than I ever will be.

But to answer the question (you didn't delete it so it's fair game): a guy that loses his crap and wants to go off is going to go off. I recall a story in China several years ago where a guy went postal with a knife and managed to tag something like 40+ people before he was brought down.

Let's say you wave a magic wand and not only are guns banned but they don't exist: well, people managed to do pretty well killing other people with swords not so long ago. And knives. And rocks. And clubs. And their bare hands.

So in that magic wand scenario, the crimes wouldn't stop. There would probably be less victims in each instance, but the crimes would still occur. Just by another method. Loonies are loonies, and they're going to do what loonies do. The method isn't as important to them as the result.

My two cents.

ETA - I missed the coward part, sorry. My thoughts: depends how you define coward I guess. A true coward isn't going to do anything at all. A coward that wants to put fear in somebody? Probably likely to just point a gun at them. Or make threats. But a coward who is truly pushed over the edge? I think a gun is the most likely choice because they typically want to inflict as much pain on as many others as they can. But that starts getting into psychology and motivation and so on, which would wildly derail this already semi sidetracked thread.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: iziii3

My bad you sounded a lot like Dahboo 7.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

That overreacting weirdo on yt?? Naah

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah I guess what I was suggesting was that it's less likely to see the one off emotional rampage with a knife than a gun, sort of like it takes a different sort of mettle to stab 7 people in an up close bloody frenzy than it is to take aim from 30 feet and not have any contact with the victim...

But then I remembered my edit.
However he'd had a massive bang to the head a few weeks earlier, so I left my question up out of intrigue.

Thanks for the input.

*note*
My question wasn't an advocacy of stripping gun rights in any sense.
More a question of a persons audacity and "bravery" re stabbing rather than shooting.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Crazy when you think about it isn't it.

What possible (good) reason could there be for not allowing well trained armed force members to carry?

None I'd guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join