It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: smurfy

President Obama apparently referred to this incident as a shooting.
I will be surprised if I hear the words 'Islamic terrorist' come out of his mouth in reference to the shooter.

It's already officially acknowledged as domestic terrorism, what more do you need, the guy lived in America, what can the President do or say? adding anything else is sub judice.

If the dude was yelling Allah Akbar, I want to hear Obama call a spade a spade.
I am not looking for much.
Remember the Ft. Hood shootings?
Obama looked at that as 'workplace violence'. The shooter was Islamic and shouted Allah Akbar during the killings.

Also he told everyone he worked at Ft. Hood with that he was a solider of Islam first and foremost. AND they still didn't flinch! That's pretty much the same as writing "I'm into jihad" on the wall.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I will be surprised if I hear the words 'Islamic terrorist' come out of his mouth in reference to the shooter.

It's already officially acknowledged as domestic terrorism, what more do you need, the guy lived in America, what can the President do or say? adding anything else is sub judice.

Obama looked at that as 'workplace violence'. The shooter was Islamic and shouted Allah Akbar during the killings.

That, plus it isn't "officially" being called anything. The FBI SAC called it an investigation. The U.S. Attorney is walking his comments back to "investigation."

That being said, I would be pretty shocked if the FBI said "yep, terrorism" and even more shocked if they said that and the WH agreed...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Starting to make more sense...

Pamela Geller based the 10:34 on her own time zone...
Not that of Chattanooga...

She's been asked twice why, still no response.

edit on 16-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

OK it loaded... yes the kids a local. It's was report on the TV news. That's not his house ( what was reported here in Pittsburgh ) it his parents.

It's taking me a lot of time to sift through this as it rolls in. And I've been fallowing since fox blipped it this morning. Rather than jumping the gun on commenting. I held off. I see you did too.

So, I'm going to do the wait and see.

Also. Thanks everyone who contributed.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

And how many times have you said it shouldn't happen?

Are you willing to extend that to this case?

Well since murder is illegal, and that was a 'gun' free zone.

Dunno what the issue is.

What's next banning religion because of what someone might do?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I had errands to run so I've been out of this thread for a while. I don't know if this is been brought up but this is fact. He or anyone who new, funded, discussed or urged him to commit this act could be tried under treason .

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

I'm sure people will not like that statement. There will be many knee-jerk reactions because it offends them. But look it up first. That law could be applied across the board to everyone he had interactions with on social media .
edit on 16-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yep. 24/7 media cycle strikes again.

Hehe.. of everything today. That's the truest statement!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Does that include the FBI?

Stupid question, I know.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Greathouse

Does that include the FBI?

Stupid question, I know.

NoPe, but if they wanted to press the issue it could include a whole host of useful idiots in the US .

If something good could come out of this. I would want to see a change tomorrow in orders for the day for the military. Any servicemember in uniform is required to carry a SideArm .

That should even things up a little bit don't you think ?
edit on 16-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Teeth grinding anger against

a) fanatic islamics

b) fanatic gun lobby in the US which provides an easy access of guns to lunatics, psychopaths and fanatics.

If US government does not do anything serious about the above two, then US will lose its freedoms and become like Israel with armed police and bomb squads at every corner of public places.

Losing such freedoms will hurt the economy also.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

This is the gun lobbyists' fault....how?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
News is reporting that the shooter's father was on a terrorist watch list.

(Reuters) - The father of a suspected gunman who killed four Marines in Chattanooga, Tennessee, on Thursday was investigated several years ago for "possible ties to a foreign terrorist organization," the New York Times reported.

Citing unnamed law enforcement officials, the paper said the gunman's father was at one point on a terrorist watch list and was questioned while on a trip overseas.

The paper quoted an official as cautioning that the investigation was several years old and had not generated any information on the son. The father was eventually removed from the watch list, the paper quoted the official as saying.

Reuters could not independently verify the report.

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 16-7-2015 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I understand the frustration, but as yet we have no information other than a Muslim person was the killer, we can speculate on that, but that's it. That they also know who the killer is by name, still doesn't make the connection to Islamic terrorism as yet, unless someone knows better and has yet to open their gubs.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If US government does not do anything serious about the above two, then US will lose its freedoms and become like Israel with armed police and bomb squads at every corner of public places.

That is what they want.

The FISA Act was suppose to stop this crap.

Clintons Omnibus Counter Terrorism Act of the 90s was suppose to stop this crap.

GW's Patriot Act was suppose to stop this crap.

The expansion of NSA spying under Obama was suppose to stop this crap.

And lookie none of the crap of 40 years has stopped anything.

What it does it give those clowns, another excuse to go more orwellian.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Isn't it a bit convenient for the "gun grabbers", that these same type shootings are happening more frequently?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
a reply to: theantediluvian

Isn't it a bit convenient for the "gun grabbers", that these same type shootings are happening more frequently?

I think it has more to do with the media's 'If it bleeds it leads.'

Remember now today over 310 million people didn't shoot anyone.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well, according to the anti gun crowd, if you own a firearm, it's your fault. We are guilty by association.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

This is the gun lobbyists' fault....how?

Compare results with Canada where gun control is high gear.............you will get most of your answers.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's strange because over 1.5 billion Muslims didn't shoot anyone today either...

But you'll never guess what...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Canada? Home of the Mayerthorpe tragedy. The Moncton shooting. Nathan Cirillo murdered in broad daylight at a war memorial.

Just say it: you want to disarm all the law abiding citizens. Because then terrorists won't have guns. Criminals won't have guns. Psychopaths will stop killing people.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join