It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Good Music Festival-Did any members attend last weekend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm really hoping at least a few members here attended because I have a few questions.

I attended the festival on Saturday and was completely shocked by the security in place.

I've had my car searched before going to other shows but, never as obtrusive as this experience.

I've never had to have my ID linked to a traceable wrist band.

And, I've never had to scan the wrist band to get in and out of the main stage area.

Also, there were armed police driving around in military like vehicles that I began to refer to as GI Joes.

Is this the new norm?

It was so surreal to me because I've attended this festivals in the past and they were very easy going and very chill.

I've been to tons of shows but, never experienced anything like this before. Not even a Phish show!

So, I'm just wondering.....is this what I should expect in the future? Is this the new norm?
edit on 16-7-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I think they had received some type of threat that the general public will never know about. Festivals can cost millions to cancel, so they ramp up security.

Sounds like they had some threat...but folks wont be told that.

MS
1st Responder

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have a friend who goes every year. The appeal is usually attributed to the lack of security and the abundance of the icky sticky.

I imagine he won't go back if what you say is true.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Security making itself known with clear markings is a good thing at those places. I fear the security that is undercover myself. I didn't go to All Good this year, but I have a friend who did. I'll ask him how he felt about it and see if his experience was the same.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

That's been my previous experiences as well. I've gone to them since the very first one in Brandywine, MD and they were always very laid back.

I don't think I will be going back next year. It just felt so against the point of the festival.

The other thing I forgot to mention was the long lines to get to the main stage because we all had to be corralled and scanned to get in. It took forever just to get in and they searched you again before being scanned.

Definitely felt like cattle.

If you talk to him, I'd like to know what he thought about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I would really appreciate that.

I know what you mean about the security. We had friends that stayed all three days and they said they saw plenty of under cover cops too making arrests.

It was a very strange experience for sure.

Oh, and the other thing that really pissed me off is you couldn't bring any alcohol into the main area and the only beer they sold was either the thick ale type beer which I don't like and fricking Budweiser....yuck!

It gave me a headache so bad I couldn't even stay to watch Dark Star Orchestra.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Maybe for all the security but, it was the tracking wristband that also bothered me. That couldn't have been a last minute decision. It was very much planned.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well the beer thing is usually the case at music festivals. I usually have to be creative in smuggling alcohol into the main venue. Usually with the liquor bottle in my front waistband (no one ever pats you down right above your crotch, it's the best place to hide things), or with beers hidden on my person if the gate guards have shown to be lax in their checks.

top topics

join