It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 Bomber Caught In Satellite Pic in 1997

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Oh, you were talking about the plane, not the method of it's transport. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's probably some test drone. In fact it looks a lot like one of NASA's scramjet drones.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Oh, you were talking about the plane, not the method of it's transport. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's probably some test drone. In fact it looks a lot like one of NASA's scramjet drones.

But it looks like it has a cockpit and it's pretty big (roughly, I'd guess that it's the size of a 707).

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Just to correct. F117 was shot and downed not in Kosovo, Kosovo was just a lousy excuse for airstrike against Yugoslavia, But in Northern region of country, actualy less then 10 miles from where I live. I have seen that in fact.
B2 bombers were flying missions every day, even when other bombers could not be used.
I am pretty sure there were flying from US directly. Correct me if I am wrong, I want this to be confirmed.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by MankoW]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MankoW

B2 bombers were flying missions every day, even when other bombers could not be used.
I am pretty sure there were flying from US directly. Correct me if I am wrong, I want this to be confirmed.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by MankoW]

B2 were indeed used there and they fly round trips from the US Missouri. That was the first time they were used in combat. They flew about 50 missions , less than 1% of the total. But they dropped about 11% of the bombs used in Yugoslavia, or nearly 700.

They had a B2 pilot talking about it on TV one time. He said when he got home his wife was yelling at him to cut the lawn and he was thinking that like 24 hours ago he was bombing some other country

www.clw.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
As far as I know, the shuttle pic is a fake. If you look at the shadow underneath it, they just don't seem to match up. Not sure where I found it, but it makes for some good chatter. I still have alot of pics to scan, but I'm working on it.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the pics. B2 is just magic

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The government keeps an eye on the satellites in the sky, if they didn'd want that B2 to be seen, they could have just puled it into a hanger/had it take off for a while. I think it's because they really didn't care if someone took the picture.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
FWIW

B2s at Whiteman www.whiteman.af.mil...

Also on that same pic that started this thread, scroll out and up

terraserver-usa.com...

Any guesses as to what that is?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The aircraft that you have centered in the image would be a B-52.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Amazing how much detail you can get from that photo. When I was stationed there they had'nt completed construction on the hangars yet. There's a small road that goes from the back of the hangars which goes directly into weapons storage. That's where the MHU-204 trailers are loaded with the munitions on rotary launchers or gravity racks. Here's a pic of the munitions handling unit with rotary launcher...no weapons.

And with training rounds:

[edit on 3-1-2005 by age_ranger]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Kinda on topic:

Heres a pic of a U2 out at langley AFB : terraserver-usa.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by replicators
The aircraft that you have centered in the image would be a B-52.

That is what I thought, but the airplane appears to have six engines located singley, three per side. A B-53 would have eight engines located in two sets of two on each wing. Also, that aircraft looks like a static display.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Could it be this:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That one is locates at :

long:-93.56255
latt:38.72670

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by age_ranger
That one is locates at :

long:-93.56255
latt:38.72670

age i checked it out and its located there

Longitude: -93.56477
Latitude: 38.71589

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's a B-52 the extra things on the wings are fuel tanks, I think.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Apparently some of my photos are being blocked somehow......well, i'm moving them and re-posting them.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
lemme try this image

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by replicators
It's a B-52 the extra things on the wings are fuel tanks, I think.

No its the plane above because whatever that plane is what age ranger posted is what is in the picture that i put and cirlced in red.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In August 1951, Whiteman AFB returned to life again and became a part of Strategic Air Command. SAC activated the 4224th Air Base Squadron to supervise the rehabilitation and construction of a new base, Sedalia AFB. The 4224th continued its activities until Oct. 20, 1952, when it inactivated while turning over the base to the 340th Bombardment Wing. SAC scheduled the 340th to received the command's newest aircraft systems, the B-47 Stratojet (pictured above) and the KC-97 tanker. Construction workers soon completed runway repairs and other projects in November 1953, paving the way for the arrival of the first B-47 in March 1954. I believe that there is a KC-97 on static display on the base as well. Pic below...

It's more probable that it's this one........the KC-97. The B-47 is by the Personnel office off the main road across from the hangars. The KC-97 was out further past the base fishing pond towards the outer perimeter of the base.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by age_ranger]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join