It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 Bomber Caught In Satellite Pic in 1997

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Is B2 same as "B-2A" www.serbia-info.com/news/politics/index.html

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asteroid
Is B2 same as "B-2A"

Yes, B-2A is the official USAF designation, B2 is just our lazy way of typing it

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The B-2 has been doing airshows for a while, we had one in my hometown a while back for an airshow...this was ~1995-1996.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Just was searching around on terraserver and saw this cool pic of Whiteman AFB, which is in Missouri and you can see a B2 on the the right..just wanted to show you guys
and why was it out like that?? why wasnt it in one of the hangers to the left?

Pic

If you look close you will see right behind the plane there are blast barriers which are used for engine run up tests. The vehicles by the plane may have been maintenance vehicles working on the aircraft for one reason or another. My guess is that is what took place.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

why wasnt it in one of the hangers to the left?

T=1&S=10&Z=15&X=2258&Y=21435&W=2]Pic[/url]

It was tanning, of coarse.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

why wasnt it in one of the hangers to the left?

T=1&S=10&Z=15&X=2258&Y=21435&W=2]Pic[/url]

It was tanning, of coarse.

Nice...
I know its not that good but i just wanted to show the people who havnt seen a b2...

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was stationed at Whiteman AFB.....those are'nt cars......it's support equipment. I worked there as an Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician. (AGE Technician) Surprisingly, the B-2's were rolled out quite a bit so that foreign satellites couls take photos of them. On one particular day, 6 bombers were rolled out with all the support equipment lined up. I think it was more of a "show of force" than anything. The first bomber got there in 94 or 95 ...... The Spirit of Missouri. Not sure of the exact date....memory is fading. I have alot of pics if you're interested.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by age_ranger]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
thats cool ranger i wasnt that surprised of it i just wanted to show whoever didnt see one and wanted to know how it looked out side comparing it to buildings and what not. Sure if you would post some pics up for us to see that would be great i appreciate it too, whenever you have time post them up for us so we can get a look thanks

[edit on 29-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
here's a link to my photos........some are not taken by me, but the majority are.

pg.photos.yahoo.com...@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wow nice pics ranger the b2 is huge man now that i saw it at ground level not from above heh also thats a hot cx4 you took a picture of bet you love that
the night vision pics are awesome aswell with the black hawks. Thanks man for giving us the link so we can check them out, great pics

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
LOL you seem to have pictures of the bogus F/A-37...

What pictures did you take? I see many famous pics...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The B-2 development program was initiated in 1981, and the Air Force was granted approval in 1987, The first B-2 was publicly displayed on Nov. 22, 1988.

That may be the "official" timeline, but if you believe that...hehe...
They were likely around back in the early to mid 70's....

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The B-2 development program was initiated in 1981, and the Air Force was granted approval in 1987, The first B-2 was publicly displayed on Nov. 22, 1988.

That may be the "official" timeline, but if you believe that...hehe...
They were likely around back in the early to mid 70's....

Gaz always breaking my chops lol
i believe both cause its within the date frame

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I got to see the B2 flying exhibition near an airshow. It is huge and is eerie. It was probably 2000 ft up and was in a tight bank. It looked like a giant black Dorito!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
lol thats funny ben i never got to see a b2 because ive only been to one airshow not too many airshows in ny.. maybe the next one i attend will have one and i can take pics of it with my phone and post them up

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I remember seing a B-2 for the first time in real life. It was so cool. It's amazing how large it looks, then it looks like it disappears when it gets at the right angle so that you see it front and center. Anyhow terraserver has some cool shots. At the home page it has famous sights, heres a cool one that I found on the homepage;
terraserver-usa.com...

[edit on 12/30/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
age_ranger,
Is this photo real
????
pg.photos.yahoo.com...@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=4d38&.dnm=cb8e.jpg&.ph

If it is... I wonder if you revealed a national secret?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thats no secret. Ever heard of how NASA transports the space shuttles? NASA's carried planes on the back of planes for years. BTW Ranger, most of those photos are amazing
Nice pics.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Thats no secret. Ever heard of how NASA transports the space shuttles? NASA's carried planes on the back of planes for years. BTW Ranger, most of those photos are amazing
Nice pics.

Yes, I know that NASA carries shuttles on the back of 747s... BUT THAT's NOT A SHUTTLE!!! Look at the full-screen picture! It looks like something akin to the rumored Aurora.

I can only assume that this was a computer generated graphic.... because, otherwise...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join