It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 Bomber Caught In Satellite Pic in 1997

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just was searching around on terraserver and saw this cool pic of Whiteman AFB, which is in Missouri and you can see a B2 on the the right..just wanted to show you guys
and why was it out like that?? why wasnt it in one of the hangers to the left?

Pic

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Cool pic good find
Man the B-2 is indeed a huge bomber. Is that a line of cars on the other side of the picture?

As for why it was out could have been any number of reasons perhaps just getting ready for a flight or just finished one.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thanks man, yeah there are cars around i think cause to the best of my knowledge they look like cars parked in a line like you said and it looks like there are a few cars scattered around it too

[edit on 27-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

Xon

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow nice picture, The B2 was much bigger then I imagenation. When did the goverment said that they had the B2??

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xon
Wow nice picture, The B2 was much bigger then I imagenation. When did the goverment said that they had the B2??

The B-2 development program was initiated in 1981, and the Air Force was granted approval in 1987, The first B-2 was publicly displayed on Nov. 22, 1988.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thought that was a line of cars thats gives you a good scale on just how big it is. Seeing all those cars around I wonder if this was a planned event to show the B-2 to a group of people.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Did some research.. thats one of the 509th Bomb Wings B2 bombers
which is located at whiteman afb...

"Today, Whiteman is the home of the 509th Bomb Wing, which operates and maintains the Air Force's premier weapon system, the B-2 bomber. "

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Thought that was a line of cars thats gives you a good scale on just how big it is. Seeing all those cars around I wonder if this was a planned event to show the B-2 to a group of people.

maybe the event was for ROTC people to go and see it.. beats me

[edit on 27-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
, that's nice! Just wait until someone claims its a 'special chinese satellite' that can see through climate controlled bunkers...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
yeah lol that would sell pretty fast
anyone else have a clue why it was out there? Intelgurl where are you when i need you lol

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nice find you got there, that things...big

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
^^hehe...no but seriously the US took sat pics of the b-2 for what?
Or is that a russian snap...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge its a us site not a russian site and for what i have no idea..

terraserver-usa.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The B-2 has roughly the same wingspan of a 747 jumbo jet...

Nice find!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowManand why was it out like that?? why wasnt it in one of the hangers to the left?

There is nothing unusual about finding a B-2 at Whiteman AFB. Nothing unusual about one being parked outside on a clear day, either.

It's a neat photo, but nothing earth-shattering.

If you like playing with Terraserver, check out the boneyard at Davis Monthan AFB:
terraserver.microsoft.com...|B-52+Aircraft%2c+Davis-Monthan+AFB%2c+Tucson%2c+Arizona

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Cool picture, but I agree with the above poster, nothing black about the B-2 since 1988. They do flybys at airshows now. Now a sat image of one in flight would be way cool!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
To the best of my knowledge its a us site not a russian site and for what i have no idea..

terraserver-usa.com...

Terraserver is a Microsoft owned site, mainly dealing in high quality ground images taken either from commercial imaging satalites, or from aircraft. Theres nothing mysterious about it, its there for whoever wants a high altitude shot of a peice of ground for whatever reason, and doesnt want to pay imaging companies a subscription (as is the normal thing for satalite imagery).

What is interesting is that the US government spends millions every year buying the 'rights' to images taken of certain areas, from every commercial company in the world. They dont quite manage to get 100% of the images, but it does a remarkable effort of keeping certain sites off of places like Terraserver.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Was not a B2 shot down in Iraq a couple years ago? I thought i saw a pic of some Iraqs jumpin around on its wreckage.....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asteroid
Was not a B2 shot down in Iraq a couple years ago? I thought i saw a pic of some Iraqs jumpin around on its wreckage.....

Uhm, not according to any official reports. There was an F-117 downed in Kosovo, and that had pictures of people jumping on it.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Cool photo however...

I believe that this is the only continental base where B2's fly out out of, unless I am mistaken. I am not suprised that they have one out on the ramp during daylight, if they are getting ready for a mission. Still, good find.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join