It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the concepts behind the belief sytem of Atheism?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: infolurker

As there are many types of Atheists (you cannot put them all in a box), there are also those types who are "Evangelical and or Militant" that practice Atheism as a religion and have their "great commission" of winning converts just as any other religion.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. What would you expect after thousands of years of forced indoctrination at the end of sword?

This is a great example of the utter disdain and hateful rhetoric used to try to turn people away from true Christianity. I have seen the same from not only militant and evangelical atheists, but also people from other religions, especially the New Agers.

Your American attending a say a Nazarene church in Chicago has absolutely zero connection to the crusades, witch trials, or any other nonsense that is spouted that occurred by organizations claiming "Christianity" in the past century or millennium unless they actively support the continuation of those practices.

And any that do today are probably already on a government watch list or are identified as a true hate group.

For most atheists, it is the proper study of the various religions of the world that makes the reader skeptical. One truely has to suspend much disbelief to accept many of the supernatural events which are described in both the old and new testament. The obvious comparisons of similar motifs and in many cases the borrowing of entire stories nearly word for word, are clear signs that these stories were effectively rewritten into new cultures and processed as to be most effective against the culture it was being used against.
Religion has been a tool of war over the last few thousand years. It is used by invading war lords, against the indigenous culture to gain compliance and over time, erasing the indigenous culture. This is in itself an act of war and an effective tactic to gain mass assimilation of many different cultures. This can be seen all over the middle east's ancient history. It is a tactic that has been used by moses, and all the way through the crusades, and in modern times, christianity and islam are prevalent throughout africa because of the missionary mind set, that ALL Of the world must be assimilated.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: luthier

You haven't addressed anything in my comment to debate. You've sidestepped any substantial comments for vapid incoherent rhetoric.

Because you have been rude and touchy about a subject yoh willingly entered into a debate about. My phone died i had to plug it in to respond by that time you started heckling me.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Atheism is the belief that Humans are the first intelligent life forms in our galaxy to develop. The Atheist have a belief system that the Universe was created out of a bing bang and there is no prior introduction before then because according to atheists, The Universe is only 13 billion years old. Athiests also have a belief system that humans build the pyramids 4000 years ago using hemp ropes, copper chisles and nails using the advanced mathmatics with no prior precurser just like the belief of the bing bang.

Athiests also have a strict belief system that humans are their own creator in a sense that. Humans have no contest for territory in our galaxy and so can and will roam without any competition with no threats of what athiests scoff at is *Aliens*.

Atheists have a strict belief system that if aliens exist, they are in a galaxy so far away they would have no means of finding us, and with the fact athiests believe in the Atheist handbook called a high school science textbook ( The Athiest bible for short)

That the Universe is simply to brand new that those aliens would be behind the admirable combuction technology developed and used as a wide scale product to this day. According to atheists, There just wasn't enough time for Aliens. Because Athiests have a belief that the Universe has a time limit.

Athiests also have a belief system of denying spirits and paranormal. Atheists have a strict belief in the non existance of existance after non existant lif occures such as dying. (Weird i know, but that's what's in the atheist handbook)

Atheists are taught their doctrain in religious programs called the public education system. And so Atheism starts at a young age, as the doctrain is forced on the masses without free choice. When comparing to Church, No one is expected to go to church to learn about Jesus to survive. But Everyone goes to the Athiest church called the public school to learn the atheist belief of how everything was created and if you or anyone else denies it then the atheist school will deny you the right to higher education or rather specialized education.

You see the athiests have these religious laws that if you don't accept their viewpoint of how everything came about of origin and how everything works, Math, Science, Medicine, Geology, History ect all contain beliefs of Athists. And since Atheists decide who gets a job and who does not. Hold the power over everyones ability to survive. There is no seperation from Church and state when considering Atheism. Because the State is Atheist, And the Church is Atheist. If you don't accept it then you are ridiculed and are only employed in areas where atheist isn't followed or preached such as mc,donalds or other fast food locations.

I mean i could go into further detail about why Atheism is a strict religious regime with a stranghold over our beliefs as well as our resources and management of wild resources. But i'd have to talk about the soul which Atheist belive they do not have.

So tell me again, How is all this not a religion? Because it totally is, and just like in ancient times where people were killed for christian blaspheme. In nowadays, many non atheists end up very poor, Struggle to pay bills, and are oppressed by their atheist overlords.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If there is tea all over the universe it isnt irrational to believe there is a cosmic teapot.

Oh man! Tea is a plant. Tea literally grows on bushes. If there's tea everywhere, maybe it rained!

Do you notnget the point? Or are you just being rude. The cosmic teapot is famous argument in philosophy. It is what the guy was trying to do and failing at with the cartoon mouse.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Ghost147

The term Atheist describes a person who does not believe in god/s. That is to say we don't find any of the descriptions or definitions of gods/deitys, so far put forth, by any of the known world's religions, to be convincing.

Does it include philosophical concepts? Pantheism? What about the suggestions of a nudge by somwthing in the finely tuned universe concept?

Just trying to be clear not argueing one wat or the other. And it was your name I had to say something to another woodworker.
this is a valid point and would not necessarily include themes like, "the universe is god".

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
Atheism is the belief that Humans are the first intelligent life forms in our galaxy to develop. The Atheist have a belief system that the Universe was created out of a bing bang and there is no prior introduction before then because according to atheists, The Universe is only 13 billion years old. Athiests also have a belief system that humans build the pyramids 4000 years ago using hemp ropes, copper chisles and nails using the advanced mathmatics with no prior precurser just like the belief of the bing bang.

Athiests also have a strict belief system that humans are their own creator in a sense that. Humans have no contest for territory in our galaxy and so can and will roam without any competition with no threats of what athiests scoff at is *Aliens*.

Atheists have a strict belief system that if aliens exist, they are in a galaxy so far away they would have no means of finding us, and with the fact athiests believe in the Atheist handbook called a high school science textbook ( The Athiest bible for short)

That the Universe is simply to brand new that those aliens would be behind the admirable combuction technology developed and used as a wide scale product to this day. According to atheists, There just wasn't enough time for Aliens. Because Athiests have a belief that the Universe has a time limit.

Athiests also have a belief system of denying spirits and paranormal. Atheists have a strict belief in the non existance of existance after non existant lif occures such as dying. (Weird i know, but that's what's in the atheist handbook)

Atheists are taught their doctrain in religious programs called the public education system. And so Atheism starts at a young age, as the doctrain is forced on the masses without free choice. When comparing to Church, No one is expected to go to church to learn about Jesus to survive. But Everyone goes to the Athiest church called the public school to learn the atheist belief of how everything was created and if you or anyone else denies it then the atheist school will deny you the right to higher education or rather specialized education.

You see the athiests have these religious laws that if you don't accept their viewpoint of how everything came about of origin and how everything works, Math, Science, Medicine, Geology, History ect all contain beliefs of Athists. And since Atheists decide who gets a job and who does not. Hold the power over everyones ability to survive. There is no seperation from Church and state when considering Atheism. Because the State is Atheist, And the Church is Atheist. If you don't accept it then you are ridiculed and are only employed in areas where atheist isn't followed or preached such as mc,donalds or other fast food locations.

I mean i could go into further detail about why Atheism is a strict religious regime with a stranghold over our beliefs as well as our resources and management of wild resources. But i'd have to talk about the soul which Atheist belive they do not have.

So tell me again, How is all this not a religion? Because it totally is, and just like in ancient times where people were killed for christian blaspheme. In nowadays, many non atheists end up very poor, Struggle to pay bills, and are oppressed by their atheist overlords.

This was a very long post, just to be sarcastic. Smh
you don't get to define what atheists think.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: AnuTyr
I'm an atheist, and I believe next to none of what you just told me I should believe.

Btw. Some of what you just posted, sounds a lot more like religion than it does atheism.

edit on 7/16/2015 by Klassified because: eta

link   

Is this about the argument, or the person making the argument?

I asked a question that involves a very subtle distinction relating to your prior arguments, and you attack me personally, not knowing what I have or have not studied, and imply that I never studied Russell's teapot as an undergrad. By the way, it is an interesting argument.

Anyway, I'm out of here at this point. I think the rationalist in the room have done a pretty good job of taking down the implied troll of the premise of this thread. You, however, have.

By the way, look up what straw-man means from a rhetorical perspective, and you might discover that I never alter-casted anyone else's argument. Yo

edit on 16-7-2015 by olbe66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2015 by olbe66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Haha! I thought you were being ironic or tongue in cheek at first, but no it appears you actually believe everything you posted!

Your post is one of the funniest I've read in a long time, where did you source all those ridiculous claims, or is it just your own invention?!
Thanks for the chuckle

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Sorry,

Can you show me someone you know alive living here in the US that this has happened too?

What some self proclaimed "sect, nation, or organization" had done a century or more ago have to do with say Baptists today?

Nothing.

That is like blaming the Italians for the sins of the Roman Empire.
How about Catholicism and islam in africa. Along with all of the many baptist, pentacostal missionaries. They are destroying the indigenous cultures of the entire continent and funding their own schools to re-teach what they deem acceptable. This is an act of aggression and a brutal abuse. Any black man in the united states, who can trace their kin back to the days of slavery, can attest to the psychological damage of having your culture and heritage removed forcibly or through gross manipulation.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

How about the planned parenthood docs killed by fundamentalist?

Can you show me someone you know alive living here in the US that this has happened too?

Link

I see, and Christianity supported this action? The Perishers of the Churches around the nation cheered? I highly doubt it or there would be more a hell of a lot more than 8 murders in the last few decades. That is a Saturday night in Chicago.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You need a thicker skin. This is ATS. You rebuffed my sincere attempt to enter this conversation with a a flippant and empty dismissal. Regardless of phone problems, you obviously don't have the intellectual fortitude to address atheism with anything other than your preconceived notions.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

How is it sarcasm? And these are strict laws within the Atheist higharchy, If you don't follow it then you or anyone else who tries to counter it's belief system are black listed from occupations that require strict atheists.

This was a very long post, just to be sarcastic. Smh you don't get to define what atheists think.

Oh but an Athiest can define what a religion is such as Christianity or Islam?

Isn't it atheists that cry about Religion being a process of control and assimilation when Atheism itself dominates what people call * Education*?

You can't go to secondary education after highschool other than say trades. Without memorizing and reciting Atheist beliefs in any of the core subjects with the acception of some Math in some areas where we would only be dealing with numbers. But it's gunna be kinda hard not to fail History ( Social sciences), Sciences aka BIology, Astronomy, Geology, ect.

Everyone learns that dinosaurs walked the Earth millions of years ago and if you deny it, you can kiss your education goodbye becaus atheists have everyone by the balls. You want a nice car? Well if you want a nice car as a christian then you better either shut your yap copy and paste the atheist doctrain in school even if you don't really believe it. Just like how people have to pretend to be Muslim even if they arn't so they won't get their head chopped off in Lybia.

How is this Sarcasm?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

Is this about the argument, or the person making the argument?

I asked a question that involves a very subtle distinction relating to your prior arguments, and you attack me personally, not knowing what I have or have not studied, and imply that I never studied Russell's teapot as an undergrad. By the way, it is an interesting argument.

Anyway, I'm out of here at this point. I think the rationalist in the room have done a pretty good job of taking down the implied troll of the premise of this thread.

By the way, look up what straw-man means from a rhetorical perspective, and you might discover that I never alter-casted anyone else argument.

Nice work. Saying absolutley nothing again and not supporting any of your arguments. Yeah i know what a straw man is. Now you explain how i created one. Please.

How can we decide what the op states if we dont get to the bottom of meanings and beliefs? Russels teapot was destroyed by simply pointing towards epistimology. People are not making wild claims about god there are real arguments. Aquinas, Anslem, or if you want more modern ones the finely tuned universe and a lot of the book God and the New Physics point toward a designer not just a random cartoon mouse. Your argument was rude. You attacked me. I took apart your logic.

There is no evidence for a cartoon mouse existing however their are rational arguments for god. Its not all bible thumping idiots that so many make it to be.

Like I said if there is tea all over the universe its not irriational to wonder if there is a cosmic teapot and use it as evidence for such a thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You need a thicker skin. This is ATS. You rebuffed my sincere attempt to enter this conversation with a a flippant and empty dismissal. Regardless of phone problems, you obviously don't have the intellectual fortitude to address atheism with anything other than your preconceived notions.

Actually its quite the opposite. I want to know what atheism is but everyone has a different definition and contradictory ones at that. So i cant say one way or the other anything about the op.
If you believe there is no god and can be no god its a faith not provable. A person who believes in god can not prove it but does not need to because they have faith god does exist.

If you believe there is no god but there could be a god its hard to see how they fit together for me. Thats what i am trying to get down to.. Agnostics certainly ponder both sides and that doesnt make them not agnostic. It just means we dont claim anything.

Its the claming thst makes a belief active. If you claim there is no god that is an active belief. If you make no claims it is a passive belief.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Again, you delusional if you think that those congregations don't have roots that stem from forced indoctrination and the required adherence to blind faith.

Yes,

You appear the have the same blind faith and belief in the things you have read or watched on Youtube?

I know of nobody forcing anyone here in this nation to accept Christianity.

LOL
edit on 16-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Actually its quite the opposite. I want to know what atheism is but everyone has a different definition and contradictory ones at that. So i cant say one way or the other anything about the op.

You're right. Everyone does have a different definition. Except atheists. You'll find we usually agree on the definition. Which I gave in my first post in this thread. Striaght from the American Atheists site.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I know of nobody forcing anyone here in this nation to accept Christianity.

That's because you ignore anything you don't want to see. Or move the goalposts, like you just did after Woodcarver answered your first challenge.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: windword

Sorry,

What some self proclaimed "sect, nation, or organization" had done a century or more ago have to do with say Baptists today?

Nothing.

That is like blaming the Italians for the sins of the Roman Empire.
How about Catholicism and islam in africa. Along with all of the many baptist, pentacostal missionaries. They are destroying the indigenous cultures of the entire continent and funding their own schools to re-teach what they deem acceptable. This is an act of aggression and a brutal abuse. Any black man in the united states, who can trace their kin back to the days of slavery, can attest to the psychological damage of having your culture and heritage removed forcibly or through gross manipulation.

While i agree with the tragic circumastances it cant be made to be christianities fault any more than you can say atheism led to communist china and the soviet union and all the tragedy there. Mankind has a way of using anything and everything when pschopathic behaviour is let run wild

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Text Because you have been rude and touchy about a subject yoh willingly entered into a debate about. My phone died i had to plug it in to respond by that time you started heckling me.

Yes luthier, windword is quite good at what he doesn't know. He does know how to get his buddy stars though. Notice how he almost always baits one into derailing a thread?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join