It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor brags: Our white population plummets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: grandmakdw

He's speaking in front of a Latino council whose name means "The Race." That pretty much says it all to me.

Many people incorrectly translate our name, “La Raza,” as “the race.” While it is true that one meaning of “raza” in Spanish is indeed “race,” in Spanish, as in English and any other language, words can and do have multiple meanings. As noted in several online dictionaries, “La Raza” means “the people” or “the community.” Translating our name as “the race” is not only inaccurate, it is factually incorrect. “Hispanic” is an ethnicity, not a race. As anyone who has ever met a Dominican American, Mexican American, or Spanish American can attest, Hispanics can be and are members of any and all races. -
See more at: www.nclr.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And the property values and scholastic levels plummet and crime statistics rise proportionally.

Imagine if all citizens of this once great country had the privilege to say such things.
edit on 16-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

This is semantics, Kayla. If someone created a "Caucasian Community Council" it would still be ripped as racist and exclusionary. You can't put dung in a bowl and call it ice cream.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This is semantics, Kayla. If someone created a "Caucasian Community Council" it would still be ripped as racist and exclusionary. You can't put dung in a bowl and call it ice cream.

Whites can't be getting all uppity now.

They should know their place.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

And the lack of jobs has nothing to do with the recession of 2008. Riiiiiiight. You can thank the bankers, not the Democrats, for that little problem.

I'm tellin' ya grandma - you ought to rethink that whole abortion argument. It could save you and your relative a lot of anguish.

freakonomics.com...

Oh really? It was the Democrats and Clinton specifically who promoted low income home ownership and pressured banks to give those loans.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Way to spin! I expected nothing less.

Please review the facts of the Presidential Elections of 1900 and 1904.

Vice President Roosevelt replaced President McKinley after the latter was killed in office, and was elected on this own in 1904.

As a Republican both times.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

There's the German American National Congress, for one. They're pretty much just white people.

www.dank.org...

And like it said on the La Raza site, Hispanic is an ethnicity that covers a range of races.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

TR was one of the first infiltrators.

Many people were fooled.

edit on Jul-16-2015 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Gryphon66

TR was one of the first infiltrators.

Many people were fooled.

7,630,457 Americans were fooled ... and 114 years later, one person sees the truth.

He was a Republican, Xuenchen. If you deny that, you're quite simply denying reality.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Facts don't matter, Kayla.

"What we know to be true" (what most of us call "belief") is all that matters to some.

There's no "White Initiative Community Action Committee" because most of us White folks realize, as we are 77.7% of the American population, we are not a minority, we do not face those issues on anything resembling a wide scale pattern of discrimination the way any other minority racial group does.

IN MY OPINION ONLY, a small vociferous group of White people just want to whine and bicker but can't be inspired to but their money and time and hard word where their mouths are. They'd rather cast insults at those ethnic communities that have organized and are making differences for their people in the face of overwhelming odds.

And I am not talking about hate groups and avowed White Supremacist groups here, don't even bother with that innuendo.
edit on 18Thu, 16 Jul 2015 18:46:24 -050015p062015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: TonyS

Roosevelt was a wise man on this topic:

www.snopes.com...

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

"We must in every way possible encourage the immigrant to rise, help him up, give him a chance to help himself. If we try to carry him he may well prove not well worth carrying. We must in turn insist upon his showing the same standard of fealty to this country and to join with us in raising the level of our common American citizenship.

"No matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischiefmakers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."

"Whenever it represents an effort to form political parties along racial lines or to bring pressure to bear on parties and politicians, not for American purposes, but in the interest of some group of voters of a certain national origin or of the country from which they or their fathers came."

"The effort to keep our citizenship divided against itself by the use of the hyphen and along the lines of national origin is certain to a breed of spirit of bitterness and prejudice and dislike between great bodies of our citizens. If some citizens band together as German-Americans or Irish-Americans, then after a while others are certain to band together as English-Americans or Scandinavian-Americans, and every such banding together, every attempt to make for political purposes a German-American alliance or a Scandinavian-American alliance, means down at the bottom an effort against the interest of straight-out American citizenship, an effort to bring into our nation the bitter Old World rivalries and jealousies and hatreds."

Each nation should be judged by its conduct and that the United States should oppose encroachment on its own rights, whether Germany, England, France or Russia be guilty of misconduct.

If only they would teach this in school

One of his last letters on the subject after WW1

"There are plenty of persons who have already made the assertion that they believe the American people have a short memory and that they intend to revive all the foreign associations which more directly interfere with the complete Americanization of our people. Our principle in this matter should be absolutely simple.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birthplace or origin.

But this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. "If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American.

"We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile.

We have room for but one language here and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, and American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding house; and we have room for but one soul [sic] loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.

That's a fantastic find! Ironic in that Teddy Roosevelt may have been the last truly "American" or "America first" President.

And it reading this, I'm reminded how quaint it sounds, how altruistic. Now of course, the borders are opened and manipulated by the Political parties for the promotion of their political ends and to destroy any competition. The shooting of 4 Marines in Tennessee is an example of what we might want to think of as the unintended consequences of this type political manipulation of the borders and immigration policy.

Its all quite interesting to watch, kinda like the gingham dog and the calico cat tearing each other up. The US is slowly coming apart as a result of this and all against the backdrop of the final shots in the culture war are exchanged. Interesting to watch.....from a distance that is.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I care about KCK because it is my "family" home. But it has been in decline, really badly over the past 20 years.
I still have one family member there that we care deeply for and worry about her living in such a high crime area.

I've been living here in KCK (western area) for 23 years. The area is EXPLODING with businesses, growth, and jobs.
It has NOT been "in really, really bad decline", unless you are talking about Quindaro or the inner city. The suburbs are PEACEFUL, we have LOTS of different ethnic and racial diversity, and it is one of THE friendliest areas in the entire Midwest.

I am completely appalled that you would denegrate it like that. AND, I'm glad you're gone. People like YOU we do NOT need.

As for the high-crime rate, that is KC MISSOURI.

So shut it.
I have neighbors who are Asian, Latino, Black, and White on MY OWN STREET - within ONE BLOCK.
We are a strong neighborhood, who look out for each other, and run off the riff-raff because we CALL THE POLICE. There are Somalians and Indians running shops within a half mile.

So stuff it.
And don't come back.

Kansas ITSELF is in decline because of our stupid Governor....3750 teachers left this year - and the Dominionist in Charge is a pariah. But Wyandotte County is growing and prospering like never before.

edit on 7/17/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Good to see some facts from someone I can actually trust.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Kansas is right now run by REPUBLICANS. Wyandotte County has more Dems, but our STATE is run by solidly rabid Republicans.

Just in case it will irk you even more - Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and Martin O'Malley ALL spoke at the NCLR.

And BERNIE SANDERS got the most applause. There were people OF EVERY RACE in the audience.
You have no idea what you're talking about. I used to work with the Latino population in the urban core of KCMO, and with Latino immigrants in Johnson, Co (SW suburbs of KC Metro) - and I know a LOT of Latino people even now. A Cuban refugee is my handyman; my Fish Guy at the grocer's is a Mexican, WE ALL GET ALONG JUST FINE.

You irked? Good.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Get a drivers license...

Then join Uber as a driver...

Actually, Uber can't operate in Kansas anywhere - BECAUSE OF THE GOP GOVERNOR/LEGISLATURE.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I said Kansas City KS, not the state

The Mayor in his speech quite clearly bragged
that Democrats had run the city for a long
time. Unless you think he is lying?

I never said people didn't get along did I?
That is a projection of your feelings onto
what I said, because I never said that.

I said it was a good thing that the Mayor
did not blame white people for the
city's problems because they have been
leaving the city in large numbers.

Just because the OP is someone you always
disagree with, no matter what,
doesn't mean you can make up things
that they said.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Did you read any of the links?

All of the statistics are just the opposite of what you are saying.

I have one relative left there in KCK and I was actually born there.

I have seen a city in great decline, and it declines more and more
with each visit to the city.

Never said the people were not nice.
What I said was the crime rate is sky high.
It is so bad that I am afraid for my elderly relative's safety.
The non-criminal element are nice people.
Look at the stats,not your personal experience.

edit on 12Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:18:51 -0500pm71707pmk175 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

16 years later it is the Republicans fault
because of the unemployment rate?

With a Democrat running the city the
entire time, and a Democrat running the country.

So funny.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

And I said I LIVE in Kansas City KS, and YES - we have a local Dem government, and it's WORKING.

As for the rest of your asinine thread and this post - you said it was "declining horribly" and had been for 20 years - WHICH IS A LIE.

People are moving back here in droves - whites as well as others. New housing projects, new hotels and luxury apartments - businesses opening all over the place, strip malls getting COMPLETE makeovers...schools are expanding and a brand new high-school complex is being built; and the racial makeup has not hurt us in any way at all.

You are lying. I am not. You are blaming the Democrats. I am not.
You are misrepresenting the area. I am not.

Your thread is race-baiting, and catostrophizing, and your BIGOTRY is in the spotlight.

Political trolling at its finest. Don't try to take it back now. Too late.
And stay away from us.

LOOK AT THE STATS? I am LIVING the stats, lady.

YOU ARE LYING.
I disagree with you all the time because of who you are and what you say. What does your great-auntie live at 18th & Washington? 7th & Ann?

When my daughter comes to visit, she MARVELS at how much it's growing and how prosperous it is becoming.
How often do you come? Are you afraid to visit?

Have you 'toured' KCK lately?
Have you seen the new soccer stadium, where they're going to offer World-Class soccer workshops? Have you seen the new Cerner building? What about the Schlitterbahn water park? The Legends?

............have you? No. I didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Wow, just wow. It's amazing how two people can hear the same speech and come to a diametrically opposite conclusions. You did hear (or read) the actual speech, right? I mean this should be used as an example of how to put a spin on things.
How could you possibly get out of that speech what you did is beyond me. All I heard was basically pride in being one of the most welcoming and diverse cities in US. Again, just wow.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join