It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian group is ‘rebuilding’ a full-scale, working Noah’s Ark

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
I wish people would at least stop talking about this thing sailing. It wouldn't nor would it ever have been intended to sail. It was intended to float.... nothing more, nothing less.

I love how everyone is so quick to label it as a myth... Yeah it's a myth that is corroborated by practically every culture on every corner of the earth in one form or another. It more than likely has some basis in reality... How much is anybody's guess.

Jaden

Float or sail, it still wouldn't have been a seaworthy vessel. The hull is too long. It would just twist and bend in the waves until it ripped itself apart.
edit on 17-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Actually I hope they do...and decide to go along for the ride/cruise.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I love how everyone is so quick to label it as a myth... Yeah it's a myth that is corroborated by practically every culture on every corner of the earth in one form or another. It more than likely has some basis in reality... How much is anybody's guess.

Back from your hiatus so soon, eh? Hopefully you can drop that evidence I was asking for in the other thread.

Let's see. 10,000 years ago the glacial period (some call it ice age) ended causing isolated floods all over the planet as temperature rose. This is backed up by tons of evidence. Could it be possible that this is what actually happened instead of some magical story about god drowning the entire world in a flood, an act of madness? There was never a worldwide flood. Yes, there were isolated floods where most of these myths probably originated, but there is no evidence at all for a worldwide flood as described in the bible. It was worldwide for the folks who lived there because they didn't even know the other side of the world existed. THEIR world got flooded.

Really, cause science has ALWAYS been right about what's possible...lol...

Science isn't about what is possible. It's about what can be verified and how things work... lol ...
edit on 17-7-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I wish people would at least stop talking about this thing sailing. It wouldn't nor would it ever have been intended to sail. It was intended to float.... nothing more, nothing less.

But it wasn't even capable of that. Hell, it wasn't even capable of staying upright if confronted with any swells. Please look into wave formation when in shallower water, which is the type of terrain the ark would have been "floating" above if it were staged on dry land prior to an inundation. It becomes even more implausible if one is to take the scripture literally regarding the depths to which the Earth allegedly flooded and basing all of the above on the dimensions etc... the scripture lays out for the building of the ark, one gets a ship that is neither sea worthy nor fit for anything other than a creationist museum on dry land.

Taking literal points of view on the ark based solely on scripture is most certainly a mythical scenario. Sure, there are scenarios where limited inundations could have occurred such as the formation of the Black Sea which would have led to people dispersing in all directions( North west into Europe, North into Russia/Ukraine etc..., northeast into Asia[possibly as far as China], South into Turkey, the Levant and Sumeria etc...) where we see similarities in the flood myth which the genesis story has been plagiarized. One also has to understand that all of these civilizations were based on and near rivers. Sumeria on the Tigris and Euphrates, Egypt on the Nile, China on the Yangtze, Indus Valley Civ on the Indus and on and on. All of these rivers were prone to seasonal flooding which gave these areas their fertile soil around which their agriculture was based and sometimes these floods could be less than beneficial for people living too close to them.

No matter how far one attempts to stretch reason though, the geologic record gives absolutely no indication of any sort of world wide flood event or even one that encompasses all or even many, of these areas during the same time frame. There simply was never any event of the scale and magnitude outside of the Black Sea inundation event, which is alluded to in these ancient scripts and to insist that it was a possibility is to ignore all of the hard data in favor of confirmation bias because a multitude of mythological stories claim it is so despite none of them being written in the same time period. There is so much evidence against this alleged event and so little for it outside of ancient myths that insisting to the contrary comes off as desperate and intellectually dishonest.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's too bad there aren't any dinosaurs to put on it.

second line.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Any one else see the irony in building a replica of giant boat that was originally built by 7 people out of trees that are really no bigger then brush but having to use cranes and timber way larger then the original builders had access too? No?...

Ok then..

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
And I imagine in the days of Noah there were many mocking, having a laugh and taking the opportunity to get stoned stupid or drunk. Similar to some of the mocking comments here. Of course there were scoffers and skeptics, as there are here.

It's really unimportant the comments..... and the millions of starving and homeless..? Well the wealthy war mongers and 1%'rs would surely have amassed some of it, and those homeless and hungry would still be homeless and hungry when the cash was exhausted. And who's to say those same people funding this Ark are not actively funding the poor as we speak ?

You have the hopeless who believe in nothing, and then you have the hopeful who believe in a creator and the Creators tenants.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

The ark will be constructed from a process called 'timber-framing' which fits wood together with joints and wooden pegs, rather than modern materials and technologies.

Um, if that's a picture of what they're constructing, they're using STEEL PLATES at the joints, which I'm pretty sure Mr Noah sir or anyone else didn't have (oh and cranes, sky jacks, etc).

The group expects the Ark Encounter will attract somewhere between 1.4 million to 2.2 million visitors a year and has hit back at claims on its website it has wasted money on the project that could be better spent spreading the word of the gospel or feeding the poor.

How many people could 29 million clothe, feed,shelter? And yes, it's a theme park, because, as far as I know THERE ARE NO OCEANS IN KENTUCKY. Maybe turn it into a nice luxury creationist hotel, complete with straw lofts and no running water.

SMH

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
When you start to believe literally in your myth you get in to trouble.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
And I imagine in the days of Noah there were many mocking, having a laugh and taking the opportunity to get stoned stupid or drunk. Similar to some of the mocking comments here. Of course there were scoffers and skeptics, as there are here.

It's really unimportant the comments..... and the millions of starving and homeless..? Well the wealthy war mongers and 1%'rs would surely have amassed some of it, and those homeless and hungry would still be homeless and hungry when the cash was exhausted. And who's to say those same people funding this Ark are not actively funding the poor as we speak ?

You have the hopeless who believe in nothing, and then you have the hopeful who believe in a creator and the Creators tenants.

The typical rhetoric. If you don't believe in what I believe, then it automatically means you are hopeless and believe in nothing. If you believe in magical stories and fairy tales you have hope. LMAO. The ego some of these folks have. You talk about scoffing, yet here you are scoffing at atheists and pigeonholing their beliefs based on nothing more than the myth that is scientifically impossible.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Good that they have built it close to sea to be able to prove once and for all that Noah ark was not joke!!!

Oh, wait a sec, there is no large water close to ark?!

Kentucky map

Does Ken Ham know something we don't?? Will Dino and human live together, again???

According to Disney, everything is possible...

www.comingsoon.net...

edit on 21-7-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Pfft lol don't these guys know you need rock monsters to help build an ark?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Pfft lol don't these guys know you need rock monsters to help build an ark?

Don't forget the giants and the brachiosaurus to drag those massive logs.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

www.9news.com.au...

Seems it has only just hit 9msn . I found this interesting .

The project, first conceived in 2010, faced criticism after it was discovered the state of Kentucky had offered the ministry $54.5 million in tax breaks to support the project.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Um, if that's a picture of what they're constructing, they're using STEEL PLATES at the joints, which I'm pretty sure Mr Noah sir or anyone else didn't have (oh and cranes, sky jacks, etc).

SMH

Not only are they using steel plates, but if you look closely at that picture, or other pictures from their site, you will see that they are building this thing on a concrete foundation. The ribs don't even continue underneath, they just butt up against the side of the concrete pilings. This is not really demonstrating anything, and can no way this can be considered a 'working' model, and no way it would ever float. A wooden structure being built on a concrete foundation.... soooo basically what they are doing is building a big house!!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Donner

I bet God has placed concrete foundation on that picture just to confuse us, ATS and rest of the world...

That sounds like reasonable explanation, doesn't it??

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Donner

originally posted by: Liquesence

SMH

Not only are they using steel plates, but if you look closely at that picture, or other pictures from their site, you will see that they are building this thing on a concrete foundation. The ribs don't even continue underneath, they just butt up against the side of the concrete pilings. This is not really demonstrating anything, and can no way this can be considered a 'working' model, and no way it would ever float. A wooden structure being built on a concrete foundation.... soooo basically what they are doing is building a big house!!

Well spotted, old chap! It really isn't even a boat.

I'm disappointed, really. If they had even attempted to make a floating or seaworthy model, it would have been at least interesting from an engineering perspective.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yep, it looks like it's just going to be like the creationist museum. It will be an exhibit, not an actual vessel. Hopefully they will at least explain how the tens of thousands of animals were able to be fed and maintained by a crew of 7 people. Not even putting it in water speaks volumes, although they could always add the water later, I just don't see this thing surviving the open seas. Who knows, though. With steel joints it might, but it wouldn't prove the bible.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is bit comparison... to Titanic...

And joke about it...

And my favorite....

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Here is bit comparison... to Titanic...

And joke about it...

And my favorite....

Well, I've never understood the desire of the fundamentalist crowd to to to "scientifically" explain that whole myth--trying to explain how all the animals fit and and their food and how many animals could fit in the volume of the vessel and so forth. Why not just say, "God miracled it," be done with it, and break early for lunch?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join