It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian group is ‘rebuilding’ a full-scale, working Noah’s Ark

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If they want to be true to the story they'll let only one person build it, not hundreds of people. Let's see if that's possible.

You might want to re-read the story in Genesis. Nowhere does it state that Noah was the only person to work on building the ark. Why would you assume his 3 sons didn't help him? Or possibly servants? Or even hired labor?

There certainly weren't any experienced ship wrights working on building what would be the single greatest wooden ship building project in all of history (if it could actually sail). That's a pretty astounding knock against it already.

A vessel that size probably wouldn't be a sailing craft. Noah with the expertise to build that ship could also fabricate 2 or 3 Rolls merlin engines and use methane from the animals for fuel.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh good job... you've just fabricated a new argument for biblical literalists, Noah's ark was powered by methane from the gaseous releases of it's passengers!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Of course it can't be a sailing craft, but if it were even possible, only the BEST of the BEST shipwrights would be able to build it. Not some amateur shipwright whose primary occupation is a goat herder.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Nowhere does it state he was helped either. I would hope they'd have mentioned an entire workforce helping Noah, but they didn't. And even with 4 people it is still quite a tall task, not very doable even by today's standards, much less 3,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Have any of you guys (excluding Beezer) ever wondered if this scam / joke is a setup for angels to monitor all the scoffers that laugh and mock these Christians ?

History really is repeating itself. Denialists scoffed at Noah, and now ATSers are doing exactly the same thing.

For starters there is no second Flood. YHWH said so. The next Judgment is Fire which is why scalar weaponry is practically burning this world to the ground every day.

Its all a test and the angels are monitoring everyones thoughts and feelings against other people.

So far Beezer has been the only neutral guy here. Everyone else is filled with hatred and takes every opportunity to mock Christians because the negative entity in their host body is programmed to hate Christians.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Better that the fundie delusionals waste their money on this harmless nonsense than by funding extremist Zionist settler groups in illegally occupied teritories

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran

So far Beezer has been the only neutral guy here. Everyone else is filled with hatred and takes every opportunity to mock Christians because the negative entity in their host body is programmed to hate Christians.

"Negative host body" yeah, that's it.

No free will, no logic, no rational skepticism, allowed!!

If we don't accept your biblical interpretation of things....we're evil and possessed.

oK Beezer....light up the bonfires...we got us some heretics to be burnin...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Have any of you guys (excluding Beezer) ever wondered if this scam / joke is a setup for angels to monitor all the scoffers that laugh and mock these Christians ?

Yeah, God commissioned Answers in Genesis to commission a false idol so that he can check off who is a critical of Christianity and who isn't. Lol, god is supposed to know the hearts of every man on earth, why would he have the devout violate one of the Ten Commandments so he confirm what he already knows?

History really is repeating itself. Denialists scoffed at Noah, and now ATSers are doing exactly the same thing.

Well yeah, the delusional religious have been building strange monuments to their myths since we invented religion.

For starters there is no second Flood. YHWH said so. The next Judgment is Fire which is why scalar weaponry is practically burning this world to the ground every day.

My world isn't getting burnt by any secular weaponry. My world is doing just fine in fact.

Its all a test and the angels are monitoring everyones thoughts and feelings against other people.

Yea, everything is a test according to Christians.

Yea that's it. It can't be because we think believing in 2000 year old myths in this day and age is ridiculous or anything. Or the fact that the story of Noah's Ark defies all traditional logic as a story and therefore couldn't have happened. Nah, it's because we have some dark spirit inside of that makes us do these things.

WAIT! I think I just felt him! No no, nevermind. False alarm. That was just gas.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Kevin Costner built a baseball field in a corn patch a while back.

They mocked him too.

I build all sorts of stuff in my garage. Actually building an electric car, from scratch, but that's a different story.

If people of a certain faith want to spend money to build something intrinsic to their faith, then they should be free to do so.

The mocking is expected, of course.

People mocked Noah.
People mocked Kevin Costner.
My wife mocks me and my garage disaster, she can't park her car.

I guess it comes with the territory.
edit on 16-7-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I build all sorts of stuff in my garage. Actually building an electric car, from scratch, but that's a different story.

If people of a certain faith want to spend money to build something intrinsic to their faith, then they should be free to do so.

I already mentioned, I'd pay good money to ride in that ark. Hell, I pay good money to ride in your electric car.

I'm easily amused....

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Goddamnit, Beezer. I want so badly to not like you based on (some) of your political views.

It's a problem I have - I sometimes write people off completely if a particular view they hold (or at least seem to) makes me feel physically ill. I fully admit that I need to learn to be more tolerant of views that I find personally abhorrent.

What I'm trying to say is that you, sir, are magnificent. Don't ever change. Star for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I was going to ask if they were scanning for GLBTQ+ people this time ....

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This has been done many times. A full-size replica is not as big as you'd think it would be, and just undermines the story that two of every animal on Earth could have possibly fit in it. (Yeah, okay, miracles, etc.)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Yeah, the only thing that will probably get built is a new 29 million dollar church that will be written off on their taxes! Time to move up to the East side...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If that's the case might this group be better advised to not build a wooden ark?

Is God likely to provide information on what sort of craft would survive the Fire? - because it would make far more sense to build that.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Perfect, now if we can fill it with all the nuts that believe the story of Noah and send it out to sea…

Great start to a great idea!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The ark could have been built by Noah....How all the animals fit is possible.People bash Christian stuff so much on the internet mostly.You have giant rocks we do not have a clue how they moved them and everyone is amazed by it,christian biblical stuff is laughed at because of something called the propaganda money machine is winning minds agaisnt christian beliefs and the bible.It is possible that it happened and is not entirely accurate wording,When it says one of every kind.The animal coming together would have to be something God did.

edit on 16-7-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
,christian biblical stuff is laughed at because of something called the propaganda money machine is winning minds agaisnt christian beliefs and the bible.

"Propaganda money machine" ??? How does that work?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Just the 17 subspecies of elephants would cause a huge logistic
problem (x2 1 male and 1 female). That's 34 x 15,000 pounds
for an average adult elephant. That's 510,000 pounds of elephants
alone.

Now each adult elephant requires 600 pounds of food per day,
for a duration of 30 days and nights.

That would require another 612,000 pounds of raw plant matter
to hold them over.

Also the actual volume of raw plant matter to make up that many
pounds would exceed the entire surface area of the ark interior,
but that's just an ancillary design issue.

So just the elephants and their elephant chow would weight over
1 million, one-hundred twenty two thousand pounds.

Don't make me talk about the elephant poop over 30 days.

Now there would have had to be all 17 subspecies of elephants,
on that ark as there have been no elephant speciation events in the last
10,000 years or so.

Noah and his immediate family would have been up to his butt in just
elephants, elephant chow and elephant dung.. and we haven't even
gotten to the million (billions if you count insects) of other species.

Kev

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It would take so long to gather all the animals that the first ones found would die while they were looking for all the other species. Not to mention they wouldn't have time to build the boat looking for all those animals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join