It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian group is ‘rebuilding’ a full-scale, working Noah’s Ark

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
I can't wait to see what their excuse is going to be when they realize they can only fit a fraction of a percent of all the species on Earth on this thing (assuming it even gets built).

Typical, that they would waste 20 million on this joke, rather than using it for Christian things, like, oh, I dunno, feeding and sheltering the homeless.

hey...don't knock it...20 mil to prove to themselves that the story is ludicrous. I support them. Otherwise...they would never accept the obvious truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Why not build a ladder up to pearly gates while they're at it?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Answers in Genesis has been building this stupid ark for a while now. I think we've talked about it before. They think it'll be able to float too. I want to be there when they test THAT hypothesis. Oh wait, this is religion we are talking about. All you have to do is just SAY it can do something and magically you are right.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I guess getting North Korean citizens killed(by firing squad) because they possessed bibles that were smuggled into the country by Christians via balloons wasn't enough waste of money and life. So now they're going to throw away $29,000,000 to build a boat that will accomplish......what exactly?

Nevermind. I answered my own question...

"Few accounts in the Bible are as mocked and ridiculed today as the account of the global flood of Noah's day. The Ark Encounter will be a massive attraction that will stand as a testament to the truth of God's word."

"How many Christian facilities are there in the world that would attract about two million visitors a year (including many non-Christians) where a clear presentation of the gospel is going to be presented [?]"

Answers in Genesis has previously built Kentucky's Creation Museum, which has upwards of 400,000 visitors a year.

The group expects to employ up to 900 full and part-time staff once the construction is completed in 2016.

This capital venture is about:
1. Proving their view of the bible correct.
2. Proselytizing
3. Tourism
4. Making the money donated back, MANY times over.

What better way to invest, than with OPM(other peoples money), who aren't seeking a monetary return on their investment?
edit on 7/16/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Good for them!

It's something they want to do, apparently.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
$29,000,000 ???
The one in Holland cost just over ONE million!
and took 14,000 trees to build.

The one these people in the USA are making must be made out of gold or something.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

sorry...I had to correct your quote

two million knuckelheads a year

upwards of 400,000 suckers a year.

It just speaks volumes...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
$29,000,000 ???
The one in Holland cost just over ONE million!
and took 14,000 trees to build.

The one these people in the USA are making must be made out of gold or something.

Lol. Inflation.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Sounds like fun. Wonder if they'll be able to get 2 of every animal to march in there. (What happens when they run out of room?)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What?? I am in agreement with others that 20 million would be better off feeding the hungry and housing the homeless.

But be careful to pass judgement. I see people all over driving $60k and living in $400k houses while there are hungry and homeless in their very own city.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
What?? I am in agreement with others that 20 million would be better off feeding the hungry and housing the homeless.

But be careful to pass judgement. I see people all over driving $60k and living in $400k houses while there are hungry and homeless in their very own city.

Well said.

When we get to the point where others get to dictate how your money is spent, then it'll be the authoritarian paradise so many are hoping for.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If they want to be true to the story they'll let only one person build it, not hundreds of people. Let's see if that's possible.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Yeah, it's going to be a whole theme park, and they threw (and I think are still throwing) a huge bitch-fest over the fact that KY won't give them millions of dollars worth of tax breaks--it's because they're only willing to hire staff that conforms to their narrow window of Creationist views.

I live about 15 minutes away from the Creationist Museum. I have yet to go because (a) it's expensive, and (b) it would be too rude of me to laugh the entire way going through it. I'd probably get kicked out.

But I do agree that, at face value, just the construction of it would be need to see. I bet the environmentalists are throwing a fit, considering how much wood it will take to build it.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It's going to be an entire theme park, not just an ark.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'd pay for a ride on that boat. I wonder if they will have food concessions, Tshirt booths, probably not, that's just too commercial. I'm sure this is just for a spiritual uplifting experience.

Still it would be cool to have the McDonalds or Burger King franchise in the Bible theme park. Or a loaves and fishes restaurant; or a small kiosk selling "manna" on a stick..... Staying true to the theme of course.

edit on 16-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If they want to be true to the story they'll let only one person build it, not hundreds of people. Let's see if that's possible.

You might want to re-read the story in Genesis. Nowhere does it state that Noah was the only person to work on building the ark. Why would you assume his 3 sons didn't help him? Or possibly servants? Or even hired labor?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'd like to be there to see the animals marching in two by two - I hope they remember to take in the woodworms last.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A real giant boat with 2 animals from all over the world is about the most absurd idea in the world. Noah's ark's story makes much more sense if you think that it was a spaceship and that they didn't take full animals but only their DNA.

The people that wrote the bible tried the best they could to understand their past but they had no technical knowledge, thus, that's why most of the bible just doesn't make sense. Ask someone from 1000 BC to explain how a computer works without prior knowledge and then make his text translated by other people with no technical knowledge and you'd end up with something just as criptic as the Bible.

In my opinion, creationists that take the Bible seriously without understanding these possibilities are disillusioned.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You might want to re-read the story in Genesis. Nowhere does it state that Noah was the only person to work on building the ark. Why would you assume his 3 sons didn't help him? Or possibly servants? Or even hired labor?

There certainly weren't any experienced ship wrights working on building what would be the single greatest wooden ship building project in all of history (if it could actually sail). That's a pretty astounding knock against it already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join