It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Air Force heading to the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The Indian Air Force launched today, heading to the UK with 190 personnel, SU-30MKI fighters, a C-17, Il-78 tankers, and C-130Js for exercise Indradhanush. The exercise begins July 21st, with the SU-30s flying out of RAF Coningsby, the transports out of RAF Brize Norton, and GARUD Special Forces based at Honington. All the types will be flying missions during the exercise, which is scheduled to last 10 days.

NEW DELHI: A 190-member Indian Air Force contingent, backed by Su-30 fighters, IL-78 tankers, C-17 strategic and C-130J tactical airlift aircraft, left for the UK today to take part in the fourth edition of ten-day long bilateral exercise 'Indradhanush'.

The aim of the exercise, beginning July 21, is to enhance mutual operational understanding between the two Air Forces. The IAF aims to demonstrate its ability to project air power in transcontinental deployment of a task force comprising Su-30 MKI fighters, IL-78 tankers, C-17 strategic and C-130J tactical airlift aircraft in air operations.

www.newindianexpress.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hopefully it's not Red Flag 2.0 for them.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Yeah really. That would be ugly. Good opportunity for them to evaluate the Typhoon.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The aim of the exercise, beginning July 21, is to enhance mutual operational understanding between the two Air Forces.

I'll bet.

Know thy enemy.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly

Hopefully it's not Red Flag 2.0 for them.

Air force also Confirmed they will Join the Next Red Flag in coming Year

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I wonder if I can get the phone number of the place their staying at, so I can phone them at 3am in the morning to see if they want loft insulation?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The aim of the exercise, beginning July 21, is to enhance mutual operational understanding between the two Air Forces.

I'll bet.

Know thy enemy.

Enemy? India's ties to Japan, the US and the West are geared toward two enemies, one new one in particular China. And China's old pal Pakistan. India presses on with tilatetal exercise despite China

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

I'll bet.

Know thy enemy.

Enemy? India's ties to Japan, the US and the West are geared toward two enemies, one new one in particular China. And China's old pal Pakistan. India presses on with tilatetal exercise despite China

Mr.Spad.If ATS paid you to deny ignorance per poster,you could have retired quite comfortably some time ago.Keep up the real truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: justwanttofly

Yeah really. That would be ugly. Good opportunity for them to evaluate the Typhoon.

My thoughts exactly - UK would never give up the opportunity to sell to the Indians, whats the bet by the end of the deploymnet eveny one has flown sorties in a twin seater!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by:TDawg61

Mod please can we have this post removed, its a personal attack on a respected poster with wealth of global knowledge. TDAWG61 from whome I have never seen post in this forum seems to have come along to troll MrSpad whilst adding nothing to the thread.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

The UK and India have very strong ties due to our history.
We love India and they love us.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

India is a member of the BRICS, not NATO. The statement, "The Indian Airforce launched today, heading to the UK…" being somewhat disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And how is that disingenuous, exactly?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: MrSpad

India is a member of the BRICS, not NATO. The statement, "The Indian Airforce launched today, heading to the UK…" being somewhat disingenuous.

BRICS is a barely alive trade bloc that has no political or defense ties. India and Japan have worked together to get the US on board in what is known as the Trilateral A 3 nation grouping that is working together to contain China. You will not only find a bunch of new defense agreements between the 3 nations but, also with Vietnam and the Philippines.

China violates India's borders on a regular basis and because of Russia failure to deliver arms on time and in working order the US has become India's largest arms dealer.

The great failure of BRICS is that they do not agree on anything politically thus they have never managed a single trade deal.

India, Brazil and South Africa formed a separate trade block called IBSA which has signed many trade agreements with each other because the all are politically aligned with the West.

Not only is India a part of the Trilateral but, South Africa is a leader of the African Union which has signed a series of cooperation agreements between the AU and NATO. And of course South Africa is regular home to US war ships in the region. Brazil is part of a military alliance with the United States called the The Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance or the Rio Pact. It also home to the only permanent US military presence in South America in São Paulo to support US warships that operate in the region and use Brazil for supply.

So lets us review BRICS is a trade forum that has failed to ever sign a single trade agreement. Likely because since it former Brazil and Russia's economies have crashed, South Africa has shrunk and China has slowed. Only India due to new trade deals with the US and West is doing well. What BRICS is not, a military alliance, a political grouping, or anything beyond a group of nations that meets once a year.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Zaphod, might be off topic, might not be......is this an Osprey? Seen over the Lake District (Cumbria) in England, UK yesterday.....

The airforce do practise round here because of all the mountains and open area, but thought this to be an unusual sight! Maybe related to your OP?

To give you a rough idea of location:

edit on 16/7/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

It belongs to AFSOC. They have a small number of Osprey and MC-130s located in the UK.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

Zaphod, might be off topic, might not be......is this an Osprey? Seen over the Lake District (Cumbria) in England, UK yesterday.....

The airforce do practise round here because of all the mountains and open area, but thought this to be an unusual sight! Maybe related to your OP?

To give you a rough idea of location:

Is that around wasdalehead great gable and scafell? Nice pictures and what looks like a perfect Lake District day!!

I used to overnight in a secret cave on the way to Keswick from wasdale!
edit on 16 7 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Will keep an eye out then for them, as i live at Brize Norton so will get some pics when i next on camp when there here.
Intrested that there special forces bit going to Honington as thats our home of the RAF Regiment.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Aye, it is..... my home soil, I'm on the Cumbrian coast, just a 10 minute drive to paradise.

top topics

join