It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Cop Kevin Herrington Said 'I'm Gonna Get That ****** Before Fatal Chokehold

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I wonder if this Mississippi cop was as butthurt over the Confederate flag "banning" as some of the rest of you? It IS Mississippi after all, the Klan was still lynching year-olds and executing Civil Rights workers in Mississippi 50 years ago.

From a longtime Mississippi resident, I'd like to extend to you my most sincerest middle finger.

I'm not defending the cop because I haven't read the article yet, but seeing as that its from the Huffington Post, I fully expect it to be a biased bunch of half truths topped with sugar and hate... see how that works?

Why couldn't he have been butthurt over the 2 cops that were murdered in Hattiesburg?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
THere is and always will be racism in any country. The problem that I have is that most seem to think that only one demographic can be racist. The fact is that any color creed can be and sometimes are racist. It is not just one group perpetuating racism.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Man, I really love that wit! I mean you are quite stubborn in many of your personal beliefs (which are of course wrong) however, you bring a smile to my face quite often.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

Man, I really love that wit! I mean you are quite stubborn in many of your personal beliefs (which are of course wrong) however, you bring a smile to my face quite often.

A man who stands for nothing will kneel for everything.
edit on 15-7-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: notmyrealname

A man who stands for nothing will kneel for everything.

It is not the critic who counts;….

-Teddy

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What can we honestly say, nowadays, that hasn't been said ad infintum...

This time I refuse...

I'll wait a couple months for a DA statement, and another 6 for the trial, and then when it's all blown over we'll already have discussed 5 or 6 more of these cases.

Then he'll walk away.

Exactly, nothing will happen and no one will see justice.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Weren't there like 5 arrests in the murders of those two cops? Herrington has been placed on paid leave and I'm sure even if he's convicted, his sentence will be shorter and the female that was in the car won't be charged with anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ATS has become an absolute spitshow with the so-called 'rebel flag' nonsense. Every damn thread is infested with it, case in point - this thread, which has spit all to so with any flag, but check out how quickly it became snarky crap posting like 'hur dur the flag come down, no more racism lolz right guys?'

What I'm witnessing is a WND-style conservative circlej*rk about that damn traitor's rag, and it makes me despair for the site.

Dear American south, rise already. The rest of the planet has had enough.

One wonders how the sites advertisers feel about so many mods flying those forsaken colours.

Do I thnk you're necessarily a racist if you like the confederate flag? Not necessarily.. but it's an indicator.
edit on 7/15/2015 by Monger because: (typo)

edit on 7/15/2015 by Monger because: added img, cornerstone speech

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My mistake, I thought I was reading a thread about a police officer killing an unarmed citizen.

Seems I've accidentally stumbled into yet another flag debate.

I'll show myself out.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Anyone who denies racism is a big problem in this country is delusional. Just the sentencing bias alone is in your face. Black offenders get heavier sentences than white offenders for the same crimes. When it comes to victims, the sentencing on the criminal is less if the victim is black. As far as our so called justice system, black lives really don't matter that much.

Too much attention on this Confederate flag BS. It's a red herring. A white trash POS blowing away a church filled with black people in the name of his inbred backwoods racial ideals is not the problem, but a symptom of a bigger problem that panicking over a flag is not going to fix. I honestly do not see the Confederate Flag as any worse than any other historical flag. Every flag represents a nation or state built upon the blood, pain, and oppression of people deemed inferior, whether racially, religiously, politically, or whatever.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
People act like this is something new. Older people know black and white hate has been ongoing. Yes the massacres, too. I wish everyone would just stop jumping on the media bandwagon and ratcheting it up all over again.

Are you that slavish to the media, that confused about right and wrong? Let it go.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

But it's not relevant as some of our members pointed out.

So stop talking about it!

Edit - It truly amazes me that some of our members are convinced that it doesn't exist, isn't relevant, isn't ongoing and isn't very prominent in our society that begets fear, apathy and mistrust at the pain of death.

Quite astounding actually.

"Just stop talking about it and the problem will go away" - Fidel Castro (The biggest idiot history has known).

edit on 2015 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

What's easier than one LEO getting away with murder?
Two LEO's getting away with murder.

What's easier than two LEO's getting away with murder?
Catching on yet?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The confederate flag is an open declaration of war on the US. It should obviously not be flying on any public grounds. People that want it flying, knowing it's terrorist Jim Crow depravity, are low life inbred scum IMO. Take off the hoods...

Put one on your PU truck. Fly a Swastika. It's all fair game. I would say those rules are damn liberal. Germany is much more restrictive of the Nazi flag. It's outlawed. German crackers are undaunted. They just fly the stars and bars.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

While the scenario sounds pretty suspect (only witnesses to the chokehold are family of the victim), you're content to call the cop a racist based solely on hearsay of one witness (not "witnesses," as you claim)?

I'm not at all excusing what this cop did--he has some problems and needs to go to prison--but you can't just start spouting "racism" because an unnamed single witness is said to have heard the LEO say something, as reported by the defense attorney.

You HAVE TO look at these claims with intense scrutiny these days--while the story implies that all cops have the go-to claim that a black guy was reaching for my gun (I assume comparing to the Michael Brown case, where he did go for the officer's gun), it can easily be shown that all defense attorneys have the go-to claim that the cop was racist.

Both claims deserve to be proven, not just blindly accepted.

But in any case, this cop has a #load of explaining to do on his way to prison...you don't chokehold a guy for so long that he dies, especially after chasing him down in his horse and buggy after he apparently broke up a fight. (assuming all of that is true)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
It truly amazes me that some of our members are convinced that it doesn't exist, isn't relevant, isn't ongoing and isn't very prominent in our society that begets fear, apathy and mistrust at the pain of death.

Quite astounding actually.

It's those dummies who believe because they haven't seen it firsthand it's not a problem, or even exists. Like institutionalized racism.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

But there isn't racism in America! /sarcasm

Sarcasm aside, there is racism. The problem is the racism is being pushed into normal society. The racism is in the system - police, justice, etc. There are statistics to back it up.

Yes, there are average citizens that are racist... no matter their race. It's just more race baiting for average citizens to hate one another.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join