It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A history Mystery from Idaho

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Actually, the point was you have a skull which has DNA pointing to the Arabian peninsula and there are "theories" pointing to people from that area mining copper on the same continent where said skull was found. And both in the same time period.

Nothing about who was first.

Sorry for trying to add to your thread a bit...

a reply to: punkinworks10

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
There is concrete evidence that Native Americans discovered Europe 7,000 years ago,
and that Europeans adopted a lithic technology that was first present in the Americas.
So who discovered who?
a reply to: intrptr

How far back should we go. Before the original genetic pool?

Is that some female in Africa?

Or how'd she get here? To earth I mean?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Much thanks, nice find!

originally posted by: punkinworks10
So now the big question is how this ancient west Eurasian haplogroup found its way to Idaho.
Is it representative of an ancient west eurasin component of the first people into the new world, and is connected with HG X, which is found among neighboring native American tribes ,like the Yakama and Chinook.
Or does it represents sent a later movement of people from Eurasia, like maybe bronze age people.

I believe the Eurasia HX G, Haplogroup R0 and the Bronze Age Eurasia(Proto-Indo-European) R1a broke off way before the first two groups(of many) migrated to the new world.
edit on 15-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR
No apologies needed my friend.
The subject of the OP is quite the conundrum.
How can a definitively native American carry an old world MtDna.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

In the Genesis account of the table of nations, the name of the second progenitor of the Egyptians means map maker.

The Egyptians were known for their nautical prowess, probably arising from their use of the Nile river as a commerce pathway.

As the Kon tiki expedition of Thor Heyerdal attests, craft built using ancient Egyptian boat-building methods were quite ocean-worthy and well capable of traveling thousands of miles at sea.

Additionally, Egyptian artifacts and hieroglyphs have been found all around the world, reaching as far as places like Australia.

The Piri Reis map, compiled from earlier Arabic, Indian and Portugese maps, also shows sections of American coastline and indicates that the Americas were at least, mapped before Columbus.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I discovered ATS once.

By boat?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Additionally, Egyptian artifacts and hieroglyphs have been found all around the world, reaching as far as places like Australia.

Yes. Except they were modern forgeries, and the people making them were caught in the act...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

How could they be "ancient Israelis"?

I think they meant Hebrews (from derogatory the Egyptian word for 'stateless people').

In ancient times, they would have been Canaanites.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The skull had traces of a red pigment on it, that has been identified as Cinnabar.

That fact is very interesting, as far a I know there is only one surface source for cinnabar ,in the continental US, and that is the New Idra mine in Fresno county ca.

It was the largest mercury in the world for several decades. I'm quite familiar with the place, actually I'm going through there this weekend.

Anyway that shows trade from Ca to the Columbia plateau.

This is not a topic I have any real knowledge in, but I do know of multiple locations where cinnabar is located and visible.

In the Mina, NV area and north of there near the CA border along a cut in the Columbia plateau in a right of way is a large deposit clearly visible from a state hwy.

I had an uncle who would go out in an area south of Jackpot, NV after mercury where he had knowledge of deposits there that were accessible.

I'm wondering if this is the same skull that was being talked about, found south of Twin Falls, ID in dispute over whether it was Native American or not. That was about 96-97 I think?

Anyway, I'd not be surprised if cinnabar could be had in that area or within a couple of hundred miles.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Thanks for the input,
My assertion was based on the available online info.
Most of the places listed as having cinnabar deposits, were hard rock mines, not the kinda place you would find prehistoric NA's gathering minerals.
I know there are mineral springs deposits in Nv , but thought those not old enoigh

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There are carvings behind the jaguar throne at chichen itza that show Romans as well as other people way before Columbus. If you go, get a tour guide. They will point out things you would have missed!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's called a counter narrative.
Was yours ad hominem reasoning.
a reply to: intrptr
edit on 15-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Well, yanno, maybe we should wait for a second DNA test before jumping to any conclusions
like the one mentioned in the OP

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
There are carvings behind the jaguar throne at chichen itza that show Romans as well as other people way before Columbus. If you go, get a tour guide. They will point out things you would have missed!

Are you sure that they are Romans, picture ???

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
Very sure. I know I took some pictures of them and they definitely had that tall brush on top of a helmet. The guide also pointed out a couple others, but that one was the only one that looked exactly like it was supposed to.
Looking at the throne, it is just inside and on the left wall. I believe there were 4 different figures and the Roman one was the first or second. It was very dark in there and light outside. I will check for the pictures tonight and post them if I can find them, no matter how crap the quality is or isn't.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Well, yanno, maybe we should wait for a second DNA test before jumping to any conclusions

Boise state has a well respected genetics lab and archeology dept. if they published their results, I'd say they are very confident in them. Like I said before R is a sister to X which has been attested to in the area, R0 and X2 share a coalescence time of around 25kya and a geographical distribution in the middle east.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Boise state has a well respected genetics lab and archeology dept. if they published their results, I'd say they are very confident in them. Like I said before R is a sister to X which has been attested to in the area, R0 and X2 share a coalescence time of around 25kya and a geographical distribution in the middle east.

Results have to be verified independently, that's why this

this is not consistent with the rest of the data in the study. Future work will include. Additional trace element analysis from the bone to provide constraints to the duration of burial independent of C-14 dating. A secondary ancient DNA analysis to confirm or disprove the initial findings".

is part of the OP
edit on 16-7-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

And then theres this

Boise State University geneticist Greg Hampikian cautioned Philadelphia meeting attendees. Sample collection methods haven’t changed since DNA’s courtroom debut in the 1980s, even though assay sensitivity has increased dramatically, he said. His group has shown that detectable amounts of DNA can transfer between specimens if a handler forgets to change gloves. Hampikian, director of an Innocence Project affiliate in Idaho, also showed that if exposed to extraneous details about a case, experts can give very different interpretations when analyzing DNA mixtures

edit on 16-7-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
OMG!!!

They found Ahmad ibn Fadlan!

The Norseman must of brought Him to Vinland !!

in all seriousness

it was not all uncommon for Vikings having Foreigner travel partners.. like Arabic's

Muslims and the Norse

Lost History

www.cordovaacademy.com...

So Muslims beat Columbus to America? They had better get in line

Turkey’s president says Muslim sailors reached the continent in 1178 – but what about the Vikings, the Basques, the Bristolians, the Russians, the Chinese …?

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Interesting

The paper comes up as a blank for me. There's no text after the title/authors page even after several refreshes and reloads.

I wonder if they have plans to take it further and analyse a tooth? Something like an oxygen isotope test could place the origins of the person somewhere that's known. Here's another short article that explains a similar process of identifying where the dead once lived.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join