It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura, In His Own Words: Will You Stand With Me Against Big Media?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: AgreeswithJesse

I have to disagree with you about his war record. He was a war hero. I personally know a marine who was saved by Kyle and Marines deployed with them really did think he was a legend and a badass.

Also, something I forgot to mention, is that the Kyle estate didn't even pony up the 1.3 million, Forge Clothing did:

The Legend

I was talking about him or whoever did that on his behalf, claiming to be in possession of the most kills when actually apparently a British soldier happens to be the world record holder and not Kyle.
As far as heroism, to me all US soldiers are Heroes. Being perched out of harms' ways and peacefully adjusting one's sight to take out someone who does not even know you are there, doing that, to me does not qualify as an act of heroism. I bet there are many soldiers that saved their peers in various situations and have done so, directly having to put themselves in the line of fire or close enough. They are not bragging about it. They know they did it for their brothers and they are happy their brothers are alive because of their selfless acts. That in and of itself is their reward.

I like better the Seal whose story was made into a movie titled "Lone Survivor" played by Mark Wahlberg. Now that is a Credible story of Heroism for what that man and his gorgeous Team mates have gone through. It's simply amazing.
And if he was that good, why did he have to lace his book with lies? Why does he call Iraqis "savages" when neither of them asked to be invaded and he is the one who was doing the senseless savage killing of innocent people?
If a country invaded the US, would you just sit down and watch them own it? I wouldn't. No one would. These people were defending themselves as best as they could. Iraq never attacked the US. So it had no reason to be attacked, destroyed and its people killed by the 1000's. The 500,000 Iraqi children that died are savages too in the eyes of this individual. Some perspective!!!

edit on 26-7-2015 by AgreeswithJesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgreeswithJesse

originally posted by: raymundoko

Being perched out of harms' ways and peacefully adjusting one's sight to take out someone who does not even know you are there, doing that, to me does not qualify as an act of heroism. I

Well, that sentence shows you don't know snip.

Snipers often inch their way on their bellies for miles through and behind enemy lines to line up a shot they won't be able to take for days!

All the while stuck in the middle of enemy territory without backup or resupply, where the could be captured, killed, tortured, etc.

Once the shot is taken, you have to escape, often on your own.... except now your position is often given away.

Ever hear of a mortar round?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Being perched out of harms way? My acquaintance wasn't saved by a sniper round. Kyle ran into an alleyway, literally in front of an enemy safe house while taking fire, to free about a dozen marines trapped in a house adjacent to the safe house. I think this would have been around 2004/5. For some reason this didn't make it into the movie, however the ordeal was recorded and is a permanent war record for the Navy and Marines. I believe Kyle got a medal from the Marines for it.

He received two Silver Star Medals, five Bronze Star Medals, one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals[7] and numerous other unit and personal awards.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join