It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama goes after prison rape

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Back on toipc.

Rape is wrong no matter were it is.

Prison rape may be to some a "joke" but its wrong.

Being in prison should not be a excuse to allow crimes to other inmates and one that causes mental damage.

Thank you, people can bash Obama or Bush or whichever other dead president they want but the fact remains that the American penal system is failing to adequately protect those under their supervision.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Obama is just about worthless.

I think it is great and all that he is looking at the problem of the war on drugs. It's too little, too late.

Prison rape, really? How about citizen rape through endless laws designed to enrich the system. Prison rape is very, very unusual. The people partaking are usually consensual, for smokes, drugs, or whatever they want.

If someone usues drugs, that is their choice. If someone commits a crime while on, or to support their habits, nail them to the wall.

You couldn't be more wrong. I can tell you live in a nice comfortable bubble and you've secluded yourself from reality.

Let me explain what happens to people like you or I, non gang related people when they show up to a prison. You walk in on your first day and are immediately scoped out by various gangs/predators to be punked out, otherwise known as raped. When you're raped, you essentially become their property and are either repeatedly raped by the predator who did that to you or worse if by a gang, are repeatedly raped by a number of gang members and are sold/passed around for candy/cigs/booze/drugs, stuff like that.

How do they do that? Because you're not affiliated. You're alone. A big guy will stick a knife to your neck when the guards aren't looking or a group of gang members will rush your cell, hold you down and have their way with you. If you're white, you're the minority and have a huge target on your back the minute you walk in.

To avoid it there's basically two options. One, fight like hell, often suffering severe beatings or join a gang. Join a gang and you'll be asked to fight, stab others or sell drugs, risking many more years on your sentence. If you think you can just show up, mind you're own business and no one will bother you, you're a complete fool.

Some people probably deserve that but drug addiction, a one time DUI offender, tax evasion, breaking and entering, things of that nature, those violators do not deserve such a thing. A prison sentence is just that, your agreement to fulfill societies penalty for whatever act you committed. Rape isn't a part of that. That you think someone who was sent away for smoking a joint deserves to be sentence to repeated rapes is the height of foolishness.

You wouldn't be speaking such nonsense if the Aryan Brotherhood or Black Gorilla Family approached you, put a knife to your neck and said you have two choices, get on your knees or leave in a body bag. And that you think that's rare, especially in CA prisons where I live tells me you know next to nothing on the topic.
edit on 22-7-2015 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Yep, especially if your only in jail awaiting trial.

Something that seems people forget: In America you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. This means even while you sit in a jail cell after being arrested, you aren't guilty until you've been found so in a court of law.

I don't understand why we treat people in jail as if they're already guilty. People die in jail all the time and are beaten and raped. The conditions in some country jails are deplorable...

Remember there is a difference between JAIL and PRISON. Prison is where you go after you've been sentenced. Jail is where you are held until your trial or you are set free on bail.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join