It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thoughts on trump, chapo and illegal immigration from the son of an illegal immigrant.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
now a lot of the things trump said could have been said differently and i would agree w him. it is the way he said it and continues to say things that blow my mind. not all illegal immigrants are rapists, drug dealers or criminals, i know this because my father came here illegally 40 years ago. he came here, worked his tail off and saved every penny to give us the "american dream" he has lived an honest life, stayed away from drugs and alcohol and has since become a naturalized citizen. he pays taxes and we have never asked for handouts or cheated the system.
here are some points i would like to make about illegal immigration.

. illegal immigration should end now, the border needs to be secured and pathways towards citizenship for non criminals to come here and make a better life for themselves should be established.

. illegals already here should have the opportunity to prove they are not criminals or welfare cheats and have a pathway to citizenship. those who have criminal records or mess up should be immediately deported.

. aside from the initial crime of coming here illegally, the majority of illegals are hard working, good people but there are some very bad apples coming over and they need to be sent back.

. u.s. needs to work w the mexican government to stop illegal immigration and fight the cartels or face sanctions.

. something has to be done about the corruption, lack of education, opportunities, poverty and jobs in mexico/central and south america which lead to illegal immigration.

. mexican and mexican americans as well as all of us need to stop glorifying the culture of violence and criminals like chapo, suge knight, al capone, billy the kid, osama bin laden etc etc.

edit on 15-7-2015 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2015 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What I gather is you support trump for president but don't like the order of words he used maybe he should of started out saying there good people and end with some are rapist.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldenwilys

Interesting....
Because what I got out of it, was that trump wasn't completelywrong, but should have chosen his words better, followed by a lot of common sense ideas that will never make it, because they are common sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Interesting....
Because what I got out of it, was that trump wasn't completelywrong, but should have chosen his words better, followed by a lot of common sense ideas that will never make it, because they are common sense.

Trump told the truth.

Our scumbag leaders act like he lied. Some illegals are rapists. Most are not.

The MSM wants to blur the line between legal and illegal.

Americans are very proud of our legal immigrants.

The media wants to blur the good people that followed our laws and rules.

With the people that sneak in our Nation and could careless about our laws.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmomcommon sense is I guess talk only good positive things so it overshadows the truth of the real problems with immigration so nothing gets solved. The us would love to have every good person in the world to migrate here but this is the real world you have to take the good with the bad. That's why us citizens are angry

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

In the interest of fair and full disclosure, when Trump made his comments, he was specifically referring to the common practice of raping the women and girls by coyotes and fellow travelers and authorities and any other scumbag they meet along the way that wants to exploit their vulnerable position.

Trump referred to a Fusion article:

Is rape the price to pay for migrant women chasing the American Dream?

This isn't new information:

80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.

These vile beasts have been leaving a memorial to their vile deeds for years:

Rape tree

Rape trees are trees or bushes that mark where sexual assaults have occurred by arranging the victim's undergarments on or around the trees branches or on the ground. "Rape trees" are commonly and increasingly found along the United States and Mexico borders as illegal immigration grows. Immigrant females are particularly at risk of being assaulted by the typically male "coyotes" that illegally guide them through the border area. Violent crimes including rape are rarely reported as the victims fear they may be deported after coming forward. Women often seek out birth control methods to prevent pregnancy from anticipated sexual assaults. The brazenly marked trees serve to intimidate both the illegal immigrants being guided, as well as local citizens, that the human traffickers are willing and able to commit horrific acts of violence to gain compliance from victims and deter potential witnesses or rescuers

Even little girls' Disney princess panties have been found... We are talking about the depths of depravity here.

And there is no excuse and no good reason for the deliberate obfuscation of this discussion with talk about all immigrants vs. illegal immigrants or immigrants from one country/race over another (that wasn't address towards you OP). Because while the media and politicians make political hay over this, real girls and women are being violently assaulted.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

no i don't support trump for president, i do not support anyone for president, time and time again we have been promised this or that from both parties and have been swindled over and over again. the whole us political system is messed up and bought and paid for by big business, military industrial/prison complexes and the pharmaceutical industry.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We could fix the illegal immigration problem by using the same system the IRS uses to reward people who report a business for tax evasion. Make any business that is caught employing undocumented workers pay $5,000 per worker. Give the citizen who turn the business in 25% of the fine as a reward. I would even go as far as requiring schools to verify each student citizenship before they receive any tax payer money for each student.

The only reason Washington DC has failed to roll out a system like this is because too many companies benefit from all the illegal in this country.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just as not all illegal immigrants are not perfect angels not all American Citizens are beacons of morality and piety. Just take a look at the number of "moral, god-fearing" American Citizens that took part in "organized stalking" of other American Citizens!!. Many of the "targeted individuals" ended up killing themselves. So, to all those who like to see themselves as "so moral" and are so quick to judge and blame, just remember that you may have also taken part in something quite evil as well, you're no angel either.
edit on 15-7-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
We could fix the illegal immigration problem by using the same system the IRS uses to reward people who report a business for tax evasion. Make any business that is caught employing undocumented workers pay $5,000 per worker. Give the citizen who turn the business in 25% of the fine as a reward. I would even go as far as requiring schools to verify each student citizenship before they receive any tax payer money for each student.

The only reason Washington DC has failed to roll out a system like this is because too many companies benefit from all the illegal in this country.

The economy is fairly dependent on the low wage labor of migrant workers, especially the agriculture industry. NO need to report when illegal immigrants are the backbone of that entire industry. Ship them out and replace them with the very few Americans who would be willing to subject themselves to such a life, although at the increased wages of minimum wage not paid to the illegal immigrant worker, and watch the price of an apple hyperinflate to ten bucks a pound. Every single person in America relies on the work of illegal immigrants to some degree.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
having interacted with legal immigrants, natural citizens, illegal immigrants, and mexican nationals while in mexico, i have to say I prefer the latin culture for a reason.

I say open the borders. If people don't like it, then get the dog (our government) back on the chain. We made the cesspool in Mexico (look up Mayan Jaguar for a good example of how), and now want to call "refugees" names like "illegal" to help us forget our complete failure in doing our jobs: to control our government.

America, if you don't like it...you're the only one(s) to blame.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
How can the U.S. work with the Mexican government to stop illegal immigration when the Mexican government doesn't give one single damn about stopping it?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

they don't want to help stop immigration and crime? i say we use diplomatic means to make them change their tune, seal the borders and hit them with sanctions if we have to. corruption on both sides has to be addressed.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

But why would they do that? The current administration seems them as untapped potential and won't risk alienating the Latino vote to get tough on immigration, and Mexico just flat doesn't care so...

In the realm of "things that would be great" it's on the list but it's not going to happen any time soon.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

originally posted by: Echo007

The economy is fairly dependent on the low wage labor of migrant workers, especially the agriculture industry. NO need to report when illegal immigrants are the backbone of that entire industry. Ship them out and replace them with the very few Americans who would be willing to subject themselves to such a life, although at the increased wages of minimum wage not paid to the illegal immigrant worker, and watch the price of an apple hyperinflate to ten bucks a pound. Every single person in America relies on the work of illegal immigrants to some degree.

You do know that your argument is the same argument the south and the north used to justify slavery. If we set them all free everything will go up and we will all starve to death.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The three letter agencies have long had thumbs in all the pies they could and made right messes out of everything they touch and then claim to be necessary because of these very selfsame messes.

The term banana republic isn't referring to a clothier, as I am sure you well know, and you're correct in stating the the American people share a portion of the blame for not reining in our government when . indulges in excess.

But there's flags, and who can marry whom, and what those terrorists might do, etc. ad nauseam to worry over so how can you expect the plebes who hoot and holler in the sports stadiums to ever be able to entertain the notion that the "Right of the People to alter or abolish," as spelled out in the declaration of independance, is something that may warrant serious discussuon?
edit on 15-7-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: typos

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You can't stop illegal immigration - by definition!!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
now a lot of the things trump said could have been said differently and i would agree w him. it is the way he said it and continues to say things that blow my mind. not all illegal immigrants are rapists, drug dealers or criminals, i know this because my father came here illegally 40 years ago. he came here, worked his tail off and saved every penny to give us the "american dream" he has lived an honest life, stayed away from drugs and alcohol and has since become a naturalized citizen. he pays taxes and we have never asked for handouts or cheated the system.
here are some points i would like to make about illegal immigration.

. illegal immigration should end now, the border needs to be secured and pathways towards citizenship for non criminals to come here and make a better life for themselves should be established.

. illegals already here should have the opportunity to prove they are not criminals or welfare cheats and have a pathway to citizenship. those who have criminal records or mess up should be immediately deported.

. aside from the initial crime of coming here illegally, the majority of illegals are hard working, good people but there are some very bad apples coming over and they need to be sent back.

. u.s. needs to work w the mexican government to stop illegal immigration and fight the cartels or face sanctions.

. something has to be done about the corruption, lack of education, opportunities, poverty and jobs in mexico/central and south america which lead to illegal immigration.

. mexican and mexican americans as well as all of us need to stop glorifying the culture of violence and criminals like chapo, suge knight, al capone, billy the kid, osama bin laden etc etc.

Sounds like you completely agree with Trump...I think most people do when they learn what he really says...The politicians and media lie and misquote what Trump actually said...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well he was right about one of those things.

If you cross the border illegally, you are in fact a criminal. So no need to sugar coat that.

Mexico will not help reform immigration. Why would they? It would mean that they would lose out on any of the millions in revenue that comes from many sending the money back over the border. On top of that they would have to spend money they already don't have to do so.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

illegal immigration should end now

So prosecute the corporations and businesses that are hiring them and benefiting by having them here, and are giving them the incentives to come illegally.

Trump nor any of the other politicians will tell you this (Besides Sanders from what I have seen), because one of the biggest benefactor of cheap slave labor is also one of the most powerful lobbyist: The agriculture industry.

So stopping it is easy: The problem is the consequence of removing an intimidate part of the American economy that has existed for ever.

, the border needs to be secured and pathways towards citizenship for non criminals to come here and make a better life for themselves should be established.

Why , the mexican border is far more secure than the Canadian border, yet no problem from illegal Canadians.
Answer: Canadians don't have an incentive to come here because the corporation in American are not willing to pay them what they would need to risk coming illegally.

something has to be done about the corruption, lack of education, opportunities, poverty and jobs in mexico/central and south america which lead to illegal immigration.

Sure , but that is the problem of MEXICO not the US to handle. We have those exact same problems here. Let mexico take care of their corruption and the US take care of its corruption.

If we didn't have corruption the politicians would be honest with you in the issues: I always say the political litmus test is immigration because the fix is so easy.

Last time I checked the MSM and Hollywood are the one leading and encouraging those stereotypes as the cool guys and gals in society.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join