It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of the pro-life argument

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Verum1quaere
a reply to: Annee

spontaneous murders happen all the time too… and we still call it death if someone is killed accidentally.

Accidental murder?

A fetus is a parasite to the host body. Sometimes the host rejects it on its own, sometimes it is rejected.

A potential human is not a person. No matter how many times you claim it is.

OMG.....did I just read this right? Are you being sarcastic? I really hope so....

So people are actually calling these precious babies parasites

NO, I am not being sarcastic.

They are NOT babies. They are a lump of cells.

A potential human is not a person.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

For me, it is very, very simple. There are no further points than one.

1. Abortion is murder.

Murder is not legal.

Abortion is.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I have two children. I know other women that have lost babies, and that have also had abortions. I have found that the women who made that life-altering choice at a young age have been traumatized by it ever since. It is NOT so simple as everyone would like to make it sound. The women who have suffered miscarriages would simply cry to hear someone call those precious life's 'parasites', as they wept for them and buried them....honoring them for the individual people that they were.

You really want to go down this road?

I'm a grandmother.

My first pregnancy at age 20 was a 4th month spontaneous abortion.

I had 2 daughters following that.

And I had an abortion on the 4th pregnancy. Why? Because my 2 LIVING children needed me more then me having another baby.

I was very saddened at the loss of my first pregnancy.

But, I do not regret for one second my choice to abort the 4th.

I am talking from personal real life experience. Not hearsay - - that some woman said . . .

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I dunno. Religion keeps getting in the way of science and logic. So much time wasted.

I know religion has taken a bad rape, and seems to be the scapegoat of all that is wrong with us, but I would put forth a suggestion that religion is one of the biggest drivers in us that has allowed us to get where we are today. Religion may be obsolete today by what many view, but it has been a byproduct of who we are good or bad. If I really felt incline I could debate this, but people's minds are set and it would be a waste of time for me since 6/8 would not need the debate and the 2/8 would never be convinced past their own personal biases.

There has been suggestion that every baby boy have a vasectomy at birth.

You are thinking to old school, when I say turned off I mean just that " turned off" without a single cell touched.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's not fair to say. You don't know every woman's circumstances that warrants them getting an abortion and to think that every woman who gets an abortion is a bad mother is certainly a bad approximation. Sometimes abortion is the ONLY choice.

You are right, and I'm not suggesting I'm talking about every case, or even looking at this in a micro sense where individual cases count. I'm talking in a macro sense of a society. As a society abortions is a money making enterprise, it is also so easy to any other decision that it in many cases is first choice, and for many it is not just once.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I dunno. Religion keeps getting in the way of science and logic. So much time wasted.

I know religion has taken a bad rape, and seems to be the scapegoat of all that is wrong with us, but I would put forth a suggestion that religion is one of the biggest drivers in us that has allowed us to get where we are today. Religion may be obsolete today by what many view, but it has been a byproduct of who we are good or bad. If I really felt incline I could debate this, but people's minds are set and it would be a waste of time for me since 6/8 would not need the debate and the 2/8 would never be convinced past their own personal biases.

There has been suggestion that every baby boy have a vasectomy at birth.

You are thinking to old school, when I say turned off I mean just that " turned off" without a single cell touched.

You don't need to debate me on it. I get it, I'm a smart girl of almost 70.

Yes, religion had its purpose. But, I am of a progressive mind who supports science over myth.

No, not old school. I got what you said. Just threw the vesectomy part in to see what reaction would be.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Verum1quaere
a reply to: Agartha

" 'women should not be sexually active if they are not ready for motherhood'. That is trying to control and regulate women's sexual lives. "

OR maybe it is being realistic. there is NO "safe sex" and no one should be allowed to MURDER someone and sell their organs just because they were accidentally conceived.

if a pregnant woman is killed, the crime is for TWO murders.

Add to this the occult aspect of blood sacrifices and the admission of some feminists that it is their religious right to have repeated abortions…and seems like the situation was FAR worse than before abortions and killing/selling babies was legal.

The Planned Parenthood video is a hoax deliberately set up by pro-lifers, it has been debunked a dozen times online already! Here is just one of the links: littlegreenfootballs.com...

Occult aspect of blood sacrifice? I can't even reply to this nonsense.

Feminist? You are right so the best solution is to do a vasectomy to all baby boys before they leave the hospital after birth. How is that? Or is that trying to control men's body?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Right. It is a potential person that 50% of the time spontaneously aborts itself naturally.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Abortion threads didn't just appear out of the blue...

Just do a search of the forums and you will see pro-life members also posting threads and responding to posts since abortion became legal...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
You have got to wonder how many pro-abortion (that should be the real name and not pro-choice...) are against the death penalty of murderers and rapists...

You also have got to wonder what these same "pro-abortion" people would do if they found every hour 2,899 animals were also murdered the same way that human fetuses are being murdered, their parts were being requested for "research purposes", and there was a law making it completely legal...

edit on 19-7-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Keep telling yourself that... A post natal baby is also a "potential person"...

A post-natal baby also needs the mother to survive....

A post-natal baby also has no defined personality...

Heck, the same can be said of all children...

In fact, the human brain, and body doesn't develop completely until you are 20-21 years old...

Human fetuses are not "potential humans", they ARE HUMAN...

edit on 19-7-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
Feminist? You are right so the best solution is to do a vasectomy to all baby boys before they leave the hospital after birth. How is that? Or is that trying to control men's body?

Your assumption, and that of most pro-abortionists is that a human fetus is part of a woman's body, and it isn't... It is an entirely different human being.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Agartha

Your assumption, and that of most pro-abortionists is that a human fetus is part of a woman's body, and it isn't... It is an entirely different human being.

Would it make you feel better if a law was passed that required the fetus be removed alive and intact, no matter the gestational age?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You have got to wonder how many pro-abortion (that should be the real name and not pro-choice...)

NO, you're wrong.

Pro-Choice is not pro abortion. I don't know anyone who is pro abortion.

Choice means exactly that. Woman has the right to control her reproduction.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

In fact, the human brain, and body doesn't develop completely until you are 20-21 years old...

Really. Like, as a grandmother I don't know this.

And NO, a fetus is not a human. It is a potential human.
edit on 19-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Keep telling yourself that... A post natal baby is also a "potential person"...

A post-natal baby also needs the mother to survive....

A post-natal baby also has no defined personality...

Heck, the same can be said of all children...

Human fetuses are not "potential humans", they ARE HUMAN...

Thank God there is still someone on this thread who hasn't gulped the cool aid.

It's all about denial. It's so depressing that anyone can actually believe such a thing. These are precious, innocent babies and are being summarily murdered/slaughtered...their parts sold. In imagining what might happen in hell, it would be something akin to this. Perhaps we really are creating our own hell on earth?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's all about denial. It's so depressing that anyone can actually believe such a thing. These are precious, innocent babies and are being summarily murdered/slaughtered...their parts sold. In imagining what might happen in hell, it would be something akin to this. Perhaps we really are creating our own hell on earth?

You talk to me after Every LIVING child is cared for, loved, fed, educated, etc.

Those LIVING Children don't need another unwanted child in this world.

And YES! Those neglected, unwanted, LIVING children are living in Hell.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You have got to wonder how many pro-abortion (that should be the real name and not pro-choice...)

NO, you're wrong.

To be fair there are some extreme pro choicers who want the viable fetus clause to be removed. Meaning late term abortions unrestricted. I am pretty sure I heard the chairman of the democratic party on the news answer a right winger that she doesnt think there should be any restrictions on abortion including late term. Not sure if it was just a heated mistake or she feels that way. I should look deeper for a quote thougb before I say that definetely. In the news debate she was specifically asked if for medical reasons and still aserted for any reason. Most people who are for choice do not agree with that. Just saying there are radicals everywhere.

It does appear Debbie Wasserman is for unrestricted abortions in the late term. I would have a hard time finding a definition of aborting a 7-8 month fetus that isnt murder. Just from an ethical philosophical viewpoint. My atheist professor from years ago agreed that there is a point (fetal viability) when it is murder. He was a philosophy and ethics professor and used a rational argument and logic equation to prove this.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

NO, you're wrong.

To be fair there are some extreme pro choicers who want the viable fetus clause to be removed.

There are extremists in every group. Both sides.

I think we're finally growing up to the point extremists are not going to win - - either side.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

NO, you're wrong.

To be fair there are some extreme pro choicers who want the viable fetus clause to be removed.

There are extremists in every group. Both sides.

I think we're finally growing up to the point extremists are not going to win - - either side.

I hope so. They dilute the debate but are the ones who are covered the most. The prolife political side is far more extreme by not admitting reality that abortions happen no matter what they believe. Legislating the issue doesnt change that. The same people who complain about birth control in healthcare.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join