It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden Docs Show British Spies Used Sex and 'Dirty Tricks'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

British spies have developed "dirty tricks" ... that include releasing computer viruses, spying on journalists and diplomats, jamming phones and computers, and using sex to lure targets into "honey traps." Documents taken from the National Security Agency by Edward Snowden ... describe techniques developed by a secret British spy unit called the Joint Threat Research and Intelligence Group (JTRIG). According to the documents ... the agency's goal was to "destroy, deny, degrade [and] disrupt" enemies by "discrediting" them, planting misinformation and shutting down their communications. The propaganda campaigns use deception, mass messaging and "pushing stories" via Twitter, Flickr, Facebook and YouTube. JTRIG also uses "false flag" operations, in which British agents carry out online actions that are designed to look like they were performed by one of Britain's adversaries. Other documents ... show that JTRIG ... used a DDOS attack to shut down Internet chat rooms used by members of the hacktivist group known as Anonymous. A computer virus called Ambassadors Reception was "used in a variety of different areas" and was "very effective." When sent to adversaries ... the virus will "encrypt itself, delete all emails ... and block the computer user from logging on. Spies have long used sexual "honey traps" to snare, blackmail and influence targets. Most often, a male target is led to believe he has an opportunity for a romantic relationship or a sexual liaison with a woman, only to find that the woman is actually an intelligence operative.

LINK

I wonder if there are any known ties between british agents who practice this perverted way with rumored british paedophile in the government who has been singled out as a paedophile.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Hm, and what about Russian disinformation tactics?

You know, Snowden's pal? I wonder how come Snowden is strangely silent about those?

edit on 15-7-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Isn't this the same tactic that the Russian KGB females used on the Americans that used to work in the US Embassy in Moscow.

Whats new. As the saying goes; 'if it works, use/do it again'.

And if that doesn't work, Microwave the poor bast@ards in the US Embassy during the 70's.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Tristran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
And if that doesn't work, Microwave the poor bast@ards in the US Embassy during the 70's.

Oh my word, I have forgotten about that one!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Whaaaaat? Spies used sex and "dirty tricks" to get information?!?

That's the first time in history that's ever happened!

Color me shocked!

This is my shocked face:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The only thing concerning about any of this is the targets selected, who the state views as an adversary.

I don't have any problem at all with our government using such tactics against real and genuine enemies, but when those tactics are turned on people simply exercising their rights and freedom of speech as citizens of this country, then I damn well have a problem with it.

The only real issue we have as a society now with regard to all of this is the definition of enemy and the seemingly out of control power these agencies and groups have, without being held to account by the public. They seem to be able to basically do what they like and target anyone for any reason, without having to explain that to anyone else.

All of this should be used against those who would do this country and its citizens harm, what I disagree with is the complete lack of accountability and monitoring of those doing these things, and the willingness they seem to have to counter the freedoms of individuals they simply think are "problematic".

Using this against Russia is all fine, using this against JOURNALISTS to silence them, or businesses to gain an economic advantage, is absolutely unacceptable.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You know, Snowden's pal? I wonder how come Snowden is strangely silent about those?
a reply to: swanne

That's right. I never considered that, thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Does anyone in here think that the US government doesn't play the same games?
We the people. ...believe anything that they throw at us (for the most part ) and the one's who question them are now domestic terrorists or an extremists.
They pull false flag events on the grounds that someone might have done it anyway and that makes it believable to the people who will happily give up more rights and liberties.
Religion isn't keeping the people in line anymore so now terrorism is used to keep people scared all of the time.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sounds Groovy Baby! *cue Austin Powers Theme Song*

-Alee

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sarcasm
I want to be lured into a "honey trap", sounds like a one night stand that they intend on using against you. If the women is attractive enough I'm sure whoever finds out will forgive me.

Or is it just a trap and no sex? That of course would not carry the same levl of excitement. End Sarcasm

Of course they use sex to trap people. It's the easiest way to defame someone.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
pretty sure the "honey pot" has been an effective tactic in espionage since before the birth of christ ,i mean tis up there with prostitution and slavery as far as widly practiced ancient traditions go

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is nothing new, British intelligence services admitted in the 1960's that they used sex and blackmail to turn agents.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is an episode of How Sex Changed the World that goes into using sex in espionage. It was a really entertaining series, I highly recommend it to anyone. Streaming on Netflix.

But to the point, this is no surprise and I would be shocked if the U.S. doesn't participate in the same practices. I mean, seriously, is anyone shocked by this?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Technically, Austin Powers gave us this information.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Good evening Miss Moneypenny!

edit on 15-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
Isn't this the same tactic that the Russian KGB females used on the Americans that used to work in the US Embassy in Moscow.

Whats new. As the saying goes; 'if it works, use/do it again'.

They had planted a powerless listening device in one of the official wooden seals given to the Americans as a gift. The microwaves provided power to activate that device.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Wow! Colour me shocked...

What will Snowden reveal next?

British submarines carry weapons able to destroy cities?

Western soldiers are being trained to kill?

UK spy agencies use spies?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I like how people are saying "who cares" and "everyone does it".

As if doing these things to non-spies, non-terrorists, probably ordinary civilians the British government don't like is something no one should be concerned about. Comparison to Russia is a moot point considering British are sopposed to be better than them

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

A lack of surprise does not equate giving it a stamp of approval. It's not ok, or good or ideal..... But I don't believe I live in an ideal country or world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join