It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Skydivers Makes Incredible Emergency Landing On Busy US Highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Police have released a video which shows the moment a plane carrying a group of skydivers was forced to take to a busy highway on Sunday after loosing engine power in New Jersey.
No one was hurt in the incident although one man did received a cut to his arm,no doubt several pairs of underwear were rendered unusable after the incident.
Congratulations go out to the pilot who shows a masterful display of control to avert what could have been a major incident.

edit on 15-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
was like WOW Oh My God at first, then realized the grass in the video is never disturbed,even by a plane crash landing on it and a car driving across it.

not cgi it seems, wow. Safe to say the passengers could fertilize the median
edit on 15-7-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The plane post drama.

www.stuff.co.nz...

edit on 15-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

what kind of grass medians do they have there? Damn!

ABC News link

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

A day in the life of GTA Online

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Quite incredible really, given he had to perform the emergency landing, dodge traffic and make his way into the center 'grassy area' due to the speed he was travelling towards ongoing traffic. 'Brave' and 'Skilled' doesn't quite cut it. Incredible.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Good piloting. One thing I know, time collapses during those events. I lost power intermittently when taking off, did a tight quick final with my plane almost on a factory roof, then in the trees, then a quick dive down over some pines as it finally quit. The landing done on a connector from the taxi way to the strip, the plane into the down slope next to a river. What I am saying is, this guy was skilled and going on training and instinct, little time for thought.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I can just imagine the shock of the highway drivers seeing a plane rapidly approaching in their rear view mirrors and those seeing it head-on! I wonder how many of those drivers soiled their pants!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This was right by my house. I was sitting in traffic thinking it was the horrible summer traffic going to the beach and to my surprise there was a plane in the middle of the highway. Cool stuff

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
The police had the traffic mostly stopped before the decend but there were a few stragglers

edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goldenwilys
a reply to: WeRpeons
The police had the traffic mostly stopped before the decend but there were a few stragglers

Where did that info come from. There was time to get word to the police and for them to get to the highway and shut it down?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If I were a skydiver, and the plane I'm on is going down, sorry, but I'm jumping right then and there instead of waiting to crash...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
If I were a skydiver, and the plane I'm on is going down, sorry, but I'm jumping right then and there instead of waiting to crash...

Good point. Altitude is your friend in that case.

Irony is a plane with skydivers crashing with all aboard.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Stafford policeman . not much time as u can see but that road is usually bumper to bumper traffic

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goldenwilys
a reply to: roadgravel
Stafford policeman . not much time as u can see but that road is usually bumper to bumper traffic

Not buying it. The police are just taking credit for nothing.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Lol I was going to say I do that all the time on gta online

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Jolly nice of him to land in the correct lane...Hmm, was he into the wind? !

top topics

join