It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crows are really smart .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ok for my South Australian friends i am talking about these .

So its a bit slow on ATS at this time of the night as usual as i live on the wrong side of the planet . Correction , the right side of the planet . But i digress . Two days ago we finished a job early and decided to take that luxury known as a lunch break . We went to a take away shop and the common denominator was we all had chips , hot chips , fries you get the gist . Anyways we had left overs and spotted a crow nearby watching us and decided to throw a handful his way ( yes i know he/she ) well he immediately flew away and came back with a friend whom i guess was Mrs crow . Well the first crow and i am guessing this as they all look the same to me hopped over and grabbed a chip . Nothing surprising there , but , then it dropped it hopped over and grabbed another and took it back to the first , then repeated again for a third chip . It then tried to pick up all 3 and one dropped out ,then it sat there until it arranged all three to fit in its beak . So far so good , smart crow . After picking up said chips it flew a short distance away and landed on the back of a fork in the tree then flew back and repeated . Before leaving i went to the tree and seen this .

Not the best photo as it was taken from a not so smart phone . OK so i killed some boredom but if you have any smart crow stories i would love to hear them .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
They really are - there are quite a few videos like this but this is pretty sweet

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I have always loved crows and Ravens. I don't know why, I just always have.

They are indeed very smart.

They also like to have a bit of fun!!

ETA one that I have it seen until now...

Thanks for sharing.

edit on 7/15/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Exactly the video this thread reminded me about

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

love ur new avatar
got it with my Aussie nuke map

and these cute crows

brings a little girl gifts for feeding them..

www.google.com.au...

btw funny enough we were just talkin about it with a friend opened ats and saw ur thread
u are psychic too ?!

edit on 15-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Search the internet for 2 things
crow funeral

crow puts litter in bin
Remember these are wild and not domesticated pigeon type birds

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Yes i have seen the vid before but i guess until you see it real time you have some scepticism . The thing that got me was not the food hoarding as lots of animals do this but the rearranging of the chips to fit its beak . Damn thing was thinking about it .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Yes im psychotic , wait you said psychic .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

u got to be psych-opatic-edelic-semi-perverted to be psychic
and a crow hunter coles hater lets not forget

what crows are doing in the biggest desert of the world blows my Efin head of

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

There are seagulls in Alice Springs , did the all decide to fly to the centre of Australia because they thought there might be a rubbish dump there ?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for the videos especially the first . I had a workmate who had a pet crow and it acted just like that one .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

There are seagulls in Alice Springs , did the all decide to fly to the centre of Australia because they thought there might be a rubbish dump there ?

what? that's hilarious
thanks for that one

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Its from south Australia.... how smart could it possibly really be?

Victorian crows are way smarter!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I guess it was just a matter of time before someone from the penal colonies showed up .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Right back at a mate.

Oh... And I suppose the crows over there in SA may be slightly intelligent, when it comes to storing chips at least. Even if the people don't have what it takes to hold onto the Grand Prix.

Anyway, the other side usually wakes up at around 12am. Just something you have to deal with, when the majority of members of your favourite forum live on the opposite side of the earth.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I've read that crows actually have their own language. in fact, if one is feeding on roadkill another will stand guard. If a car is coming the guard crow will call out "A car! A car!" True story.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I've read that crows actually have their own language. in fact, if one is feeding on roadkill another will stand guard. If a car is coming the guard crow will call out "A car! A car!" True story.

Bahaha! Crows are awesome. I've got a pair of plovers nesting on the flat tin garage roof at the moment. I've always hated those bloody birds but after some serious interaction with them over the last couple of weeks, I'm totally impressed by their "smarts".
4 big, camo eggs just sitting there in the open on a freezing tin roof in this weather....? Unreal.
I'm in vicco too... In a place where the subs are going mental in this weather. 🍄😋

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

a gang of crows is called a murder

*simpson joke

but dude I swear to god

at uni a couple of years ago a crow set right next to me
said I love ur raven hair

I painted it the day before

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Even if the people don't have what it takes to hold onto the Grand Prix.

The catch cry of the liberal party at the time was , elect us and we will get rid of the Grand Prix . Personally i did not miss it however if we could get our hands on the two wheeled version . Hmmm . On topic , i declare SA crows to be way smarter than their Vic counterparts .
edit on 16-7-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Even if the people don't have what it takes to hold onto the Grand Prix.

The catch cry of the liberal party at the time was , elect us and we will get rid of the Grand Prix . Personally i did not miss it however if we could get our hands on the two wheeled version . Hmmm . On topic , i declare SA crows to be way smarter than their Vic counterparts .

I could do without that stoopid car race.... The best part of south Oz is out in the desert where those epic waves and massive white pointers are.... Gods country, man country and those desert surf rats that live out there are some of this country's most epic inhabitants. As for Adelaide..... It's nice to drive around compared with Melbourne.. But that's about it😛.
edit on 16/7/15 by homerJ because: Spelling..... Doh!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join